RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus now requiring Performance Package with TVD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 10:47 AM
lcooper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus now requiring Performance Package with TVD

i recently ordered an RCF with TVD but without the performance package, as I find little value in all of the carbon and prefer a sunroof. The order was approved by Lexus and I received my confirmation from the dealership.
I received another message today that they are undergoing rolling changes and require the $5,500 performance package to get TVD.
I'm disappointed and a little peeved that they would accept a build only to later reject it. They probably don't care if I cancel my order... Do yall think anything could be done so they honor the original configuration?
Old 01-28-15, 11:54 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lcooper
i recently ordered an RCF with TVD but without the performance package, as I find little value in all of the carbon and prefer a sunroof. The order was approved by Lexus and I received my confirmation from the dealership.
I received another message today that they are undergoing rolling changes and require the $5,500 performance package to get TVD.

I'm disappointed and a little peeved that they would accept a build only to later reject it. They probably don't care if I cancel my order... Do yall think anything could be done so they honor the original configuration?
I understand your disappointment,

My understanding was that effective January 2015, all TVDs would be built with the carbon components.

The addition of the TVD prior to January was a time-limited offer. With that said, if your deposit was taken BEFORE January, you should have a convincing position with your dealership.

The other option is to find a non-carbon TVD in the states and secure it through a dealer.
Old 01-28-15, 01:16 PM
WayneIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I found out TVD was an option without performance (limited time) I told my dealer that's what I wanted because I wasn't sold on the blue with black CF. They tried placing the order in November but were told then it wouldn't be allowed, so they looked at incoming stock and worked a trade for one very close to what I wanted ordered (I got a moon roof I didn't really want and didn't get pre collision, but I got a non CF with TVD so I'm happy overall). Have your dealer search what's available now and on the boat, you may get lucky as I did if your dealer can work a trade. But I had put down a deposit in Jan 2014 right after the announcement and was a prior Lexus customer, so they worked hard to find a dealer willing to trade.

Last edited by WayneIS350; 01-28-15 at 01:21 PM.