RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any South Florida RCF willing to do a comparison run with an ISF

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-15, 11:20 AM
Razorthin1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow people, OP clearly stated comparison run and what mods he has. If he was trying to bag on the RCF he would show up modded, film the results and claim "stock". These requests happen all the time, usually to get a feel for how your car stacks up against another.

If the OP had a bone stock car and beat the RCF you could still blame it on the driver, road surface, weather, etc. dismiss the results and put your rose colored shades back on with a smile. Since the OP is "modded" you have a built in excuse so relax.
Old 01-02-15, 12:02 PM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorthin1
Wow people, OP clearly stated comparison run and what mods he has. If he was trying to bag on the RCF he would show up modded, film the results and claim "stock". These requests happen all the time, usually to get a feel for how your car stacks up against another.

If the OP had a bone stock car and beat the RCF you could still blame it on the driver, road surface, weather, etc. dismiss the results and put your rose colored shades back on with a smile. Since the OP is "modded" you have a built in excuse so relax.
I do not believe that your assessment of the OP's intention is correct.

We already know the vehicles are closely matched in straight line performance, and two specific cars racing will not provide any further information that will clarify anything.

To me, the continual justification need of a few IS F owners is ridiculous.
Old 01-02-15, 12:53 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ToyLexFAM

We already know the vehicles are closely matched in straight line performance, and two specific cars racing will not provide any further information that will clarify anything.

Why do you even care?

As you just said, vehicles are closely matched so it's not about the cars anymore and is about driving ability. ISF vs M4 vs RCF vs M3 would be a helluva drivers race if all 4 are lined up.
Old 01-02-15, 02:30 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ToyLexFAM

Like I said earlier, you've got the wrong idea. Razorthin1 is correct and pretty much explains it to the T. I'm being completely transparent with the entire process so that the race will provide the correct information. If I wanted to put down the RCF I would call out every owner knowing that my car at 90% will bus lengths. I'm not doing that here as I'm bringing out the car with as minimal mods as possible. I don't need justification for keeping my Isf, trust me.
Old 01-02-15, 02:31 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Why do peoples panties get in such a bunch when someone compares the ISF and RCF? Just like with any new model introduction or update...people want to compare...and see how the old stacks up against the new.. Damn the magazine times.. Let's see real world performance and see just what the car does.. Especially during a roll race... Fellas it's not that serious ....
Old 01-02-15, 02:48 PM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Like I said earlier, you've got the wrong idea. Razorthin1 is correct and pretty much explains it to the T. I'm being completely transparent with the entire process so that the race will provide the correct information. If I wanted to put down the RCF I would call out every owner knowing that my car at 90% will bus lengths. I'm not doing that here as I'm bringing out the car with as minimal mods as possible. I don't need justification for keeping my Isf, trust me.
Again, what "correct information?"

Unless you have the same driver running each car, your "correct information" has no benefit to anyone.

Drag race?

Roll race? (I still don't understand the need for this one... kind of like drifting)

Road course?

Top speed?

What new information will you provide?
Old 01-02-15, 02:54 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Way too much drama. Why??? Because it is fun. MrxSlayx you film it, I will watch it. And if you have the patience for me to reach my break in miles (may be a long time), I will run (not on the street)
Old 01-02-15, 07:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Why don't the speculators be quiet and let the guys run their cars?

If there is another "what are you trying to prove" or "you need to drive them to tell the difference" I'll kill the post. This thread is about running the two cars with full disclosure. Anything else does not belong here.

Got it?

No reviews - there is a thread already covering all that. No magazine or journalist comparisons - there are already threads for that. This is simple. Let's keep it that way.
Old 01-02-15, 07:29 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Why don't the speculators be quiet and let the guys run their cars?

If there is another "what are you trying to prove" or "you need to drive them to tell the difference" I'll kill the post. This thread is about running the two cars with full disclosure. Anything else does not belong here.

Got it?

No reviews - there is a thread already covering all that. No magazine or journalist comparisons - there are already threads for that. This is simple. Let's keep it that way.
Then simply run two stock cars for true comparative results.
Old 01-02-15, 08:51 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF001
Dealers choice really. His post, his choice (now he will have to find two cars or revert his back to stock).
Old 01-02-15, 08:54 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
as long as we know the mods....the comparative is still 'true', no? the results will compare a STOCK RC-F vs a MODDED IS-F.

im not sure why anyone would be against this. the IS-F guys get to know the value of their mods vs the new tech of the RC-F. the RC-F guys get a measuring stick of their stock vehicle and an idea of what the aftermarket mods will do, once they arrive.

remove feelings and egos from this and have some fun....
Old 01-02-15, 08:58 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DrRick
remove feelings and egos from this and have some fun....
+100. Its like trying to argue with Sheldon
Old 01-03-15, 03:47 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Is this the car you intend to run with NOS?

YouTube:

SlowSilverGTR vs MrXSlayX

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-03-15 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-03-15, 05:19 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

My RC F arrives today, but I'm not picking it up until Tues..car will be in Jax and I'm over in Destin. There's a possibility (good one) that I'll be headed for Tampa the 11th -13th. Being brand new I don't want to stomp on it too hard, but I'd like to do this. I can see BOTH sides of the argument here guys, but deep down we buy these cars because we are CAR guys. I have an insane Subaru I'd really like to see it against an IS F...just because I've never raced one. I also race with Chin Motorsports, so my RC F will be getting some track time in and I'll definitely be making some posts towards that arena. Relax folks, you buy an F because you're a car guy....

-Slay, if this will work for you just PM me and we can work out the details.
Old 01-03-15, 05:37 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Carnevino
My RC F arrives today, but I'm not picking it up until Tues..car will be in Jax and I'm over in Destin. There's a possibility (good one) that I'll be headed for Tampa the 11th -13th. Being brand new I don't want to stomp on it too hard, but I'd like to do this. I can see BOTH sides of the argument here guys, but deep down we buy these cars because we are CAR guys. I have an insane Subaru I'd really like to see it against an IS F...just because I've never raced one. I also race with Chin Motorsports, so my RC F will be getting some track time in and I'll definitely be making some posts towards that arena. Relax folks, you buy an F because you're a car guy....

-Slay, if this will work for you just PM me and we can work out the details.
Suggestion--Get 500-600 miles on the new F before you nail it hard.

Quick Reply: Any South Florida RCF willing to do a comparison run with an ISF