RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Remote Touch Required Option?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-14, 11:15 AM
RPM00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Touch Required Option?

Is the Remote Touch a required option for the RC F? It seems difficult to use when driving. I would imagine remote touch is used to change radio stations and other options.
Old 12-26-14, 11:41 AM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM00
Is the Remote Touch a required option for the RC F? It seems difficult to use when driving. I would imagine remote touch is used to change radio stations and other options.
Yes, the touchpad is required. Do you have a Lexus equipped with the touch pad? If not, how do you know it is difficult to use when driving? Many people find it simple to use. I have the old joystick style, and it works great. The two RC F's that I sat in and played with the touch pad were both very easy to use. The remote touch is used to adjust many settings, but the radio and heater both have manual switches on the dash if you prefer to use them. As for the phone and other audio/map functions, you have the choice to use the steering wheel switches and voice command.

I do not understand your issue.
Old 12-26-14, 01:42 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Remote Touch

Originally Posted by RPM00
It takes a bit of time to get used to. But after awhile its second nature. Once you set it up. 90 percent of the time you use the steering wheel buttons.

Much easier than the old touch screen ones.
Old 12-26-14, 03:07 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The TouchPad Gets Better After You Use It a Bit

I was sort of frustrated with the touch pad feature of the RCF but after the first 100 miles of seat time I found it easier to use. It's not like using your laptop or I-Pad - it takes some getting use to.

Last edited by cardoc1; 12-26-14 at 03:08 PM. Reason: change