RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

A vanity (useless post)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-14, 10:03 AM
fly2low
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A vanity (useless post)

I haven't posted at CL for a long time but can't resist the urge to post this useless thread.

I got the first RCF delivered at Longo which means that I might get the first RCF delievered to a customer in USA hehe . Yes, I am guilty of vanity.

The reason why? People compare RCF to M4 and RS5. I regard RCF as more of a GT car so I compare it with Jaguar F-type and the like. What really sold me the car is the Yamaha-tuned engine at high RPM which make (sorry but true) previous generation E9x M3 sounds like a tractor.

My 2 other Lexus, mine and my wife DD are '14 and '13 GS350 F Sport.

Anyway, just saying hello to fellow RCF owners and fans.

Last edited by fly2low; 12-15-14 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-15-14, 12:16 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SOM3
Exactly! RCF is a nice cruiser but it is out of its element when goes head to head with M cars, RS models, or AMGs.

I think the big problem is that RCF looks to be a blueprint of previous generation M3 (hi-rev V8 coupe). The interior is of course more modern but the characteristics are the same....big problem is that additional 500 lbs. Lexus looked back instead of the future.

LFA was such a good start and a glimpse of what could have been.
SOM,

Have you test driven the new RC F?

I could not disagree more. The TVD is a super car on rails compared to the M4 and the RS5 on a track--and with the additional pounds.

The RC F has already shown its ability to overtake the M4 and RS5 on two track trials (Motown Mile and AMCI). If you and others do not want to recognize what's been documented, I really do not know what more can be said on this topic. The rest will continue to settled in subsequent track episodes.

BTW: Naysayers said the same thing about the IS F until it tied the M3 and beat the C63 AMG by 2 seconds on a track.

Keep an open mind!
Old 12-15-14, 05:04 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SOM3
I know my definition of a super car, it is much different than yours.

You can go to Wikipedia. Go drive the new RC F so there is actually a basis for your assertions. I would also suggest that you log time in an M car.

Then we will talk.
Old 12-15-14, 05:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys unless something has happened that neither of you has posted about, NEITHER of you has driven a RC-F with TVD on track, so I think the back and forth here is nothing but personal hypothesis.

Let's cease this baseless brand bickering now or take it to PM.
Old 12-15-14, 08:37 PM
Mywhitercf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by fly2low
I haven't posted at CL for a long time but can't resist the urge to post this useless thread.

I got the first RCF delivered at Longo which means that I might get the first RCF delievered to a customer in USA hehe . Yes, I am guilty of vanity.
I'm confused, The first RCF in the USA ? Where is LONGO and what makes you think you got the first one? Just asking because I have been checking this forum since I got mine on the 19th of November.
Old 12-16-14, 05:29 AM
Selmermk6
Driver School Candidate

I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I was lucky enough to drive the RCF around the Ascari race track in Spain last week. I had about 4-5 laps and was also a passenger in a hot lap driven by an ex F1 driver.

I can say that the car is amazing. I drove it in most modes and the TVD definitely works, you will notice the difference.

I would not worry so much about the weight as the car is very balanced. The brakes are strong, steering precise. More than a match for an M4 according to the racing drivers that were there. I also discussed technical stuff about the car with the Lexus technicians.

I will have to wait until next month to find out how it drives on the road, but for the track whether it is faster than an M4 with me driving, I don't know. What I do know is that I enjoyed every minute of it!
Old 12-16-14, 10:27 AM
fly2low
Driver

[QUOTE=Mywhitercf;8828100]

I'm confused, The first RCF in the USA ? Where is LONGO and what makes you think you got the first one? Just asking because I have been checking this forum since I got mine on the 19th of November.
Longo is the largest dealer in Western USA, no 2 in the country. I got the car at the release party where Toyota people came to attend and brought 3 RC 350s
Old 12-16-14, 10:41 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Guam is a U.S. Territory which makes it U.S. soil, and its "Where America's Day Begins", I know its not a state, but if an RCF was sold there, wouldn't that make it the first one sold? *Mind Blown* Mine was purchased in November 7th and delivered to me on the 10th... (Sorry for the useless post)

Anyways, the RCF drives amazing with TVD, I just wish we had a track here to truly test and unlock its potential...