RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Performance Vehicles and the Little Things

Old 12-14-14, 03:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Performance Vehicles and the Little Things

*This thread is not meant to turn into a flame war against the RC F or its competition so please be respectful of others opinions when responding.

I recently had the opportunity to drive the RC F and M4 back to back at Running of the Bulls and while I have not written a Hoovey Review on either yet, I had a thought this morning driving on the way to work after seeing an M4 on the road and recalling my own seat time as well as time in an E93. It's no secret that heritage rich M and stalwart F are two of several special breeds available. They each offer the driver a rewarding driving experience with similar but different formulas. That said it is amazing how far F has come in just its second generation. Amazing still when you consider it only took 4 years for the IS F (MY12) to give the E90/92 some serious fits. Now on to the RC F and M4, both cars are aggressive in design, have impressive powertrains and can put a smile on your face. Two well-rounded cars that while not perfect offer close to it. Both cars do a good job of making the driver and occupants feel special whether it’s the soundtrack, the feel, perhaps even the looks. One area which I felt Lexus can improve on future F vehicles that BMW does well on M vehicles is the simple action of moving the shift lever in into neutral and pulling the e-brake (hand E9X, electronic F30) on the M when turning off the car since there is no Park. This is different between 3/4-Series which use a conventional Park button on its unconventional shifter . The RC F (like the IS F) both of which use an impressive 8AT, could benefit from better interior distinction from their IS and RC brethren in regards to the shifter. Even something as small as the simple act of moving a shifter to neutral and ripping (or pulling) the e-brake adds an involvement that enthusiasts can appreciate. Adds to the special feeling of a vehicle of this caliber.

As it stands there is always room for improvement for future models both Lexus and the competition. Are there any ‘Little Things’ you feel could make the RC F, F, or a competitive vehicle in this segment more special? Discuss!

Last edited by Hoovey689; 12-14-14 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-14-14, 05:34 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sure that there will be room for several improvements, but I have not logged enough time to recommend anything at this point. The test drive was 20+ minutes.

I will be better able to comment after taking delivery of the carbon TVD in March.
Old 12-15-14, 05:07 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is also due in March...it's going to be a long wait