RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RCF Spotted Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-14, 04:46 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Official RCF Spotted Thread

We have one of these for the ISFs. Time to start one for the RCF.
Post whenever you spot one in the wild. Where, when, color, mods, etc.

I saw my first one in Atlanta last Wednesday. Beautiful white RCF driving towards the airport.
Old 12-13-14, 05:05 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Orange RCF dealer car in Pembroke Pines, but the first one I saw was silver in the same area.
Old 12-13-14, 05:20 PM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't wait to see one in person.
Old 12-14-14, 01:49 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw my first RCF here at the local Lexus dealer on Guam. It was on hold for someone till they canceled on their purchase, now that same one I saw sits pretty in my garage
Old 12-14-14, 11:56 AM
Overdose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I literally JUST saw my first RCF on the street with 30% tints all around and WOW was I impressed with the looks.....the pictures do NOT do it any justice. I wasn't too excited about it before but this is a serious contender now that I've seen it in person. *converted* haha.

Anyway back on topic: RCF, Liquid Platinum, San Francisco Outer Richmond District heading towards the Golden Gate Bridge
Old 12-14-14, 01:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Here's one I caught last week in the wild...

Joe Z
Old 12-14-14, 06:33 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Here's one I caught last week in the wild...

Joe Z
Nice any thoughts of switching over?
Old 12-14-14, 06:42 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Overdose
I literally JUST saw my first RCF on the street with 30% tints all around and WOW was I impressed with the looks.....the pictures do NOT do it any justice. I wasn't too excited about it before but this is a serious contender now that I've seen it in person. *converted* haha.

Anyway back on topic: RCF, Liquid Platinum, San Francisco Outer Richmond District heading towards the Golden Gate Bridge
I'm with you on this pictures don't do it justice much nicer in person. I did spot my first M4 in Austin Yellow metallic on the road which looked pretty sharp.
Old 12-15-14, 08:27 PM
buckse
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I got one

I've bought several of the RX models over the years going back to 2001. A year ago, I was driving a 2013 RX and my sales guy called and said he could get me into a 2014 RX and probably lower my payment which he did. So I've been driving the 2014 RX for the last year and I get a phone call 2 weeks ago to do it all over again and trade into a 2015 RX. So I get to the dealership and I see a black RCF pulling up. The sales guy tells me that it belongs to the president of the dealership and its not for sale. I ask him if we can at least take it for a test drive and he says YES. I actually drove and compared the RC 350 F-Sport to the RCF. Screw the frigging RX deal, I WANT AN RCF.

Sales guy checks computer and says its probably going to be 4-8 weeks before the dealer receives any more. So I go home. Sad. Then last weekend, the sales guy gives me a call and surprise, surprise, a blue one just showed up and was sitting on the showroom floor. By the time I get there it has a sold sign in the window. My dad used to be a car salesman, and I knew that sometimes a sales guy would put a sticker like this in the window to hold the car and to keep the wolves away, so I ask my sales guy to check to see if it is really sold. A lot of walking and talking and phone calls later, the sales manager walks up and says its mine if I want it. How could I say no?

So I picked it up last weekend (a week ago). Its blue, moonroof, plus premium package, with grey leather. I've been driving it to work. Trying to be gentle to break it in so I haven't gone too crazy, but it is very tempting. I love the sound of this V8 engine. Its got a nice little growl when it starts up and when you get on it. Handling is amazing. Seats really envelop you and are very comfortable, but the suspension is pretty firm which is to be expected. I remember when I test drove the RC 350 F-Sport that the suspension was really soft and I thought it was as comfortable as my RX. But the RCF is much firmer. Not harsh, just firmer. Its definitely a great daily driver. I still get a big smile on my face every time I walk up to the car, every time I start it, and at the end of every ride.

It was kind of cold in Dallas the week I picked it up, and I was reading here in the forums how the summer tires they put on the vehicle are not good for cold weather, so as part of my deal, I made them get me a set of the Michelin A/S 3 tires to get through winter and I got them to drop off the stock Michelin PSS summer tires at my place. I drove a few days in cold weather on the stock tires, but one night it got down to the upper thirties and while doing a U-Turn at a normal speed, I found myself sliding sideways (not fishtailing) on all four tires into the next lane. Yikes. I'll put the stock PSS tires back on when it warms up so I can drive it like I stole it, but for now I'm trying to take it easy. Be sure you guys take it easy on the stock tires in cold weather!!!!

Stuff I don't like: This one came with the stock stereo (not ML), and this stock radio sucks--already planning to do some aftermarket stereo upgrades. When you pull the visor to the side window it extends, but not far enough and I swear the whole way to work and the whole way home the sun is in my eyes through my driver side window. I tried sitting in the back seat, and when you pull the seat back a motor engages and moves the seat back at which point it pinned my ankles and I couldn't move, there was a slight moment of panic as I wondered if I was going to be able to free myself, but leaning the seat forward gained my freedom. There is no spare tire, just a tire repair kit with a compressor and a bottle of sealant goo--I don't think I like the idea of no spare. I took it to the car wash this weekend and the stupid metal tire rail that guides you through the carwash gashed one of my rims, so I guess I'll be washing this one by hand from now on.

So far so good. Lots of stares and people coming up to ask what it is. They seem shocked when they see the Lexus logo, and they are like "is this a Lexus?". Had a guy in a BMW almost hit me the other day trying pull up beside me to take pictures. Sales manager said I was a lucky guy because there are only about 5 in Dallas right now. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time. So in response to this thread, I spotted one in my garage!
Attached Thumbnails Official RCF Spotted Thread-myrcf.jpg  
Old 12-16-14, 05:13 AM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buckse
I've bought several of the RX models over the years going back to 2001. A year ago, I was driving a 2013 RX and my sales guy called and said he could get me into a 2014 RX and probably lower my payment which he did. So I've been driving the 2014 RX for the last year and I get a phone call 2 weeks ago to do it all over again and trade into a 2015 RX. So I get to the dealership and I see a black RCF pulling up. The sales guy tells me that it belongs to the president of the dealership and its not for sale. I ask him if we can at least take it for a test drive and he says YES. I actually drove and compared the RC 350 F-Sport to the RCF. Screw the frigging RX deal, I WANT AN RCF.

Sales guy checks computer and says its probably going to be 4-8 weeks before the dealer receives any more. So I go home. Sad. Then last weekend, the sales guy gives me a call and surprise, surprise, a blue one just showed up and was sitting on the showroom floor. By the time I get there it has a sold sign in the window. My dad used to be a car salesman, and I knew that sometimes a sales guy would put a sticker like this in the window to hold the car and to keep the wolves away, so I ask my sales guy to check to see if it is really sold. A lot of walking and talking and phone calls later, the sales manager walks up and says its mine if I want it. How could I say no?

So I picked it up last weekend (a week ago). Its blue, moonroof, plus premium package, with grey leather. I've been driving it to work. Trying to be gentle to break it in so I haven't gone too crazy, but it is very tempting. I love the sound of this V8 engine. Its got a nice little growl when it starts up and when you get on it. Handling is amazing. Seats really envelop you and are very comfortable, but the suspension is pretty firm which is to be expected. I remember when I test drove the RC 350 F-Sport that the suspension was really soft and I thought it was as comfortable as my RX. But the RCF is much firmer. Not harsh, just firmer. Its definitely a great daily driver. I still get a big smile on my face every time I walk up to the car, every time I start it, and at the end of every ride.

It was kind of cold in Dallas the week I picked it up, and I was reading here in the forums how the summer tires they put on the vehicle are not good for cold weather, so as part of my deal, I made them get me a set of the Michelin A/S 3 tires to get through winter and I got them to drop off the stock Michelin PSS summer tires at my place. I drove a few days in cold weather on the stock tires, but one night it got down to the upper thirties and while doing a U-Turn at a normal speed, I found myself sliding sideways (not fishtailing) on all four tires into the next lane. Yikes. I'll put the stock PSS tires back on when it warms up so I can drive it like I stole it, but for now I'm trying to take it easy. Be sure you guys take it easy on the stock tires in cold weather!!!!

Stuff I don't like: This one came with the stock stereo (not ML), and this stock radio sucks--already planning to do some aftermarket stereo upgrades. When you pull the visor to the side window it extends, but not far enough and I swear the whole way to work and the whole way home the sun is in my eyes through my driver side window. I tried sitting in the back seat, and when you pull the seat back a motor engages and moves the seat back at which point it pinned my ankles and I couldn't move, there was a slight moment of panic as I wondered if I was going to be able to free myself, but leaning the seat forward gained my freedom. There is no spare tire, just a tire repair kit with a compressor and a bottle of sealant goo--I don't think I like the idea of no spare. I took it to the car wash this weekend and the stupid metal tire rail that guides you through the carwash gashed one of my rims, so I guess I'll be washing this one by hand from now on.

So far so good. Lots of stares and people coming up to ask what it is. They seem shocked when they see the Lexus logo, and they are like "is this a Lexus?". Had a guy in a BMW almost hit me the other day trying pull up beside me to take pictures. Sales manager said I was a lucky guy because there are only about 5 in Dallas right now. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time. So in response to this thread, I spotted one in my garage!
Nice color combo! Same as mine. I think the dealer wasn't kidding with the sold sign. I saw it in the online inventory two weeks ago. I think someone changed their mind.
Old 12-16-14, 09:34 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by buckse

Congrats and keep enjoying it..
Old 12-16-14, 09:12 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Nice any thoughts of switching over?
Not a practical car for me at the moment....

Joe Z
Old 12-17-14, 07:00 PM
Fortmax55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Everyone

I spotted a very nice infrared Lexus RC F heading north on I95 towards Boca/West Palm Beach.
Hopefully, the driver is a forum member here. If so, you were driving alongside my black on black BMW M4 for a good mile or so.

The RC F looks much better in person than in the photos that I saw online. In fact, I may add one to my stable to complement my other cars. I swung by a dealership after seeing the red one on the highway and was able to check out the inside and outside of this black car. The engine sounded great and the interior was great. I really liked the digital gauges as well. I didn't test drive the car but was able to check out a lot of the technology inside.
Attached Thumbnails Official RCF Spotted Thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-19-14, 07:44 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Not a practical car for me at the moment....

Joe Z
True but the GS-F is coming we will see....
Old 12-19-14, 08:15 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LexISguy
True but the GS-F is coming we will see....
Very True....

Spotted this HOT "Infrared" RC F last night.....

~ Joe Z

Quick Reply: Official RCF Spotted Thread