RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Enform Remote setup issues?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-14, 07:18 PM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Enform Remote setup issues?

I have had my RCF for almost 2 weeks and Lexus states they are having numerous issues getting enform remote to work for folks. Anyone else having issues? I've been waiting for a "tech" person to get back to me for over a week. Smh
Old 12-02-14, 07:58 PM
sajonf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some others were reporting problems here. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...e-to-work.html

Mine connected right up and works great after I received the access code from my dealer.
Old 12-03-14, 07:40 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATO1175
I have had my RCF for almost 2 weeks and Lexus states they are having numerous issues getting enform remote to work for folks. Anyone else having issues? I've been waiting for a "tech" person to get back to me for over a week. Smh
How this helps...from another member.

I called from the SOS button in my car and they walked me through and activated it on the spot. That's the route my lexus delivery tech person said it had to be done. Once I did that and Installed the enform app and signed in (with credentials created with the live sos person) I was all set.

The setup was not immediate-my status on the app was pending probably for 12 hours.

Hope that helps! The remote is awesome and since it has been -6 degrees in colorado, it's been awesome when I'm at work to remote start the car.
Old 12-03-14, 08:20 AM
ATO1175
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF001
How this helps...from another member.

I called from the SOS button in my car and they walked me through and activated it on the spot. That's the route my lexus delivery tech person said it had to be done. Once I did that and Installed the enform app and signed in (with credentials created with the live sos person) I was all set.

The setup was not immediate-my status on the app was pending probably for 12 hours.

Hope that helps! The remote is awesome and since it has been -6 degrees in colorado, it's been awesome when I'm at work to remote start the car.
Thanks, I hit the SOS button and they just transferred me to customer satisfaction.

What I keep getting
Old 12-04-14, 10:54 AM
RetroGamerJP
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ATO1175

Thanks, I hit the SOS button and they just transferred me to customer satisfaction.

What I keep getting
this is exactly what I had for three solid days ... yesterday I went http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home and after logging in it popped up saying it needed me to enter in my address info. after doing that... about 4 hours later my status changed from Pending to Active and all is well now.

Not sure if the logging in to the site really helped or if just coincidence. Couldn't hurt for any of those that are still pending to give it a shot.

the rep that I got via SOS button on initial setup also stressed that it was important for the car to not be covered and to make sure to have a healthy cell signal. My car is in a parking deck overnight so perhaps that slowed my activation.
Old 12-05-14, 04:27 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

here is a tip to get it working from a Lexus corp technical assistance...

In the Lexus Enform Remote app, Go into the settings section for the vehicle nickname. Remove the hyphen in RC - F or rename the vehicle to something else. .

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 12-08-14 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-28-14, 07:51 AM
drjrg
Driver School Candidate

I took delivery on Friday and have been quit impressed with the way the car drives and the technology ( my daily driver is a Ferrari California- minimal technology besides Bluetooth).
I attempted to activate the remote start through the website and phone support but it has been pending for 12 hours. As I was reading this forum, I stumbled across this thread and on a whim changed the cars nickname as described above and personalized with my initials.
30 seconds later, I get two emails back to back. 1 notifying me that my cars nickname had been updated and the next telling me the remote start was now active.
Therefore, the nickname changed worked for me .Thank you .
Old 12-28-14, 11:03 AM
cardoc1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mine Went Right Through on Verizon

Received my car 2nd week of Nov. - it connected with no problems. I was amazed at how easy & clean the set-up was !

Last edited by cardoc1; 12-28-14 at 11:16 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-28-14, 01:18 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Ok this is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but can I please get someone to take a picture of the SOS button and the location of it? Ive had my car since Nov and can't seem to find the sucker o_O Either im blind or my car doesnt have the damn thing... thanks in advance!
Old 12-28-14, 01:41 PM
waynesreef
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Ok this is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but can I please get someone to take a picture of the SOS button and the location of it? Ive had my car since Nov and can't seem to find the sucker o_O Either im blind or my car doesnt have the damn thing... thanks in advance!
Just tilt your head back and look up. The red colored SOS button is located between the moonroof buttons. My car is US version so it may be in a different area for Guam.
Attached Thumbnails Enform Remote setup issues?-dsc_6522-large-.jpg  

Last edited by waynesreef; 12-28-14 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-28-14, 02:10 PM
WayneIS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus

Old 12-28-14, 07:56 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

FML I guess I don't have it... What the F?
Old 12-28-14, 10:16 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine works flawlessly
Old 12-29-14, 02:16 PM
ATO1175
Driver

Forgot to post that nickname change worked so I'm all set. Lexus customer service really helped as well as folks in this forum.
Old 12-29-14, 06:25 PM
RCarisFast
Driver School Candidate

I had an issue for a couple of days, even called tech support and they were researching until I think I figured it out myself. My original nickname had some special characters, and as soon as I took those out, got an email within 5 minutes or so and all was good. I called tech support back, and gave them that info, this might help if some are still having issues.

Quick Reply: Enform Remote setup issues?