RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

My RC-F CQuatrz'd

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 10:19 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3IS350Guy
Its difficult to take good pictures of an ultra white car, but i think i managed
You did a great job. Looks sweeet. Congrats!
Old 11-25-14, 09:55 AM
MrJeager
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
I asked the same question because I also like the look of the darker "gunsmoke" trim. I was told by my dealer that they all come with this darker trim, regardless of paint color. Can anyone confirm?
Although I can't confirm 100% - I did see three other RC-F's in the dealer's showroom and they all had the darker trim for the grill.
Old 11-25-14, 09:56 AM
MrJeager
Driver

It's an unfortunate plastic tab that had to be placed because 3 states require that the body work extend a certain distance past the wheel. Nothing aerodynamic about it. At first glance, looks like it will be pretty easy to remove. I'm sure someone will be brave and post when they try to pull it off.
Well that sux, ill see if i have some time to remove these suckers and post back.
Old 11-25-14, 01:43 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Db750
Wow, your car looks incredible! I can't decide if white or blue is my favorite for this car, but I am leaning towards white.

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. In these pictures the hour glass shaped trim around the front grill looks more chrome or aluminum like the window trim, but in other pictures it looks darker or black chrome. Are there actually two different colors this trim comes in, or is it only one color that appears different in pictures? If so, what color is it actually, or what package would one select to get the darker grill trim?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the silly question. Hope you are enjoying your new beast!
When my White arrives it will have the smoke trim and chrome window trim BOTH switched to black immediately. Either by plasti-dip or vinyl wrap.
Old 11-25-14, 06:00 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's an unfortunate plastic tab that had to be placed because 3 states require that the body work extend a certain distance past the wheel. Nothing aerodynamic about it. At first glance, looks like it will be pretty easy to remove. I'm sure someone will be brave and post when they try to pull it off.
Not sure what dealer told you that , but the purpose for this piece of trim is
to catch the sticky rubber compound from doing burnouts , drifts and any other type of rubber melting stunts so it doesn't end up on your rear bumper and quarter panels, like it did on the Isf

Just a rear splatter shield to protect the paint work and possibly stone chips aswell this would make more sense.
Old 11-26-14, 09:35 AM
MrJeager
Driver

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
When my White arrives it will have the smoke trim and chrome window trim BOTH switched to black immediately. Either by plasti-dip or vinyl wrap.
Post those pics after! It'll look pretty sick I'm sure
Old 07-29-15, 11:22 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Not sure what dealer told you that , but the purpose for this piece of trim is
to catch the sticky rubber compound from doing burnouts , drifts and any other type of rubber melting stunts so it doesn't end up on your rear bumper and quarter panels, like it did on the Isf

Just a rear splatter shield to protect the paint work and possibly stone chips aswell this would make more sense.
Why not just add some big, honkin', 60's era vintage mud flaps and be done with it? When I first saw those pieces I gave Lexus engineers the benefit of the doubt and thought that they came up with the perfect minimalist approach to implementing a stone guard.
Old 07-30-15, 08:15 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Why not just add some big, honkin', 60's era vintage mud flaps and be done with it? When I first saw those pieces I gave Lexus engineers the benefit of the doubt and thought that they came up with the perfect minimalist approach to implementing a stone guard.
In Japan, the sticky rubber "code" is even worse.. As it extends over the fenders..

~ Joe Z
Old 07-30-15, 08:30 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I used Pinnacle Black Label Diamond on mine. I think it is essentially the same type of product. So after a good wash, I clay-barred the car then applied the coating. If there are any swirl or spider web in the paint I think you would want to polish first, also. Did the wheels as well. The result is a very slippery surface that is supposed to last 2 - 3 yrs on the paint, and I think they claimed 18 months on the wheels. It's a fair amount of work but I got it all done in one weekend - estimate about 10 hrs total. The product is not cheap - between the type for the wheels and separate type for the paint, I think I laid out $120, but i still have over half left in each bottle. Then you can apply whatever wax or detail spray you like on top of it as well. I like Griot's Garage Speed Shine myself, easy and fast, mirror finish. I only took a couple pics after the process, but I can vouch for the incredible finish this type of product leaves. Fingers crossed that it lasts as long as claimed. Also, I have Llumar ppf film on the front of the car so I didn't have to coat that part.
Attached Thumbnails My RC-F CQuatrz'd-img_2071.jpg  
Old 08-01-15, 05:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
I used Pinnacle Black Label Diamond on mine. I think it is essentially the same type of product. So after a good wash, I clay-barred the car then applied the coating. If there are any swirl or spider web in the paint I think you would want to polish first, also. Did the wheels as well. The result is a very slippery surface that is supposed to last 2 - 3 yrs on the paint, and I think they claimed 18 months on the wheels. It's a fair amount of work but I got it all done in one weekend - estimate about 10 hrs total. The product is not cheap - between the type for the wheels and separate type for the paint, I think I laid out $120, but i still have over half left in each bottle. Then you can apply whatever wax or detail spray you like on top of it as well. I like Griot's Garage Speed Shine myself, easy and fast, mirror finish. I only took a couple pics after the process, but I can vouch for the incredible finish this type of product leaves. Fingers crossed that it lasts as long as claimed. Also, I have Llumar ppf film on the front of the car so I didn't have to coat that part.
I Don't guess i've ever heard of Clay Barring a New Car, is there Any Reason Why you would? jw, Looks Great by the Way!