RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Car Cover Options for RC F (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-14, 07:44 AM
Mywhitercf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car Cover Options for RC F (merged threads)

I am looking for the best indoor car cover and it seems most companies don't have one available yet. Any help would be great.
Old 11-23-14, 01:26 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Default Best Indoor Car Cover is a Tan Flannel By Covercraft

I called Covercraft last week and so far they don't have a pattern. These are the covers California Car Cover also sells - they said to call back in aprox 1 month to see if they have a pattern yet. I'll keep you posted !
Old 11-23-14, 05:11 PM
Mywhitercf
Driver School Candidate

I did some looking and the cars dimensions are nearly the same as the Honda accord coupe. So I ordered the one for that car with no mirror slots because they would not be the same. I will update to this thread once received with picture in case anyone else is interested. I am parking in a garage so I was looking for the best indoor protection.
http://www.the-cover-store.com/13692...ar-Cover-57598
Old 11-27-14, 07:50 AM
Mywhitercf
Driver School Candidate

I thought I would post a picture, the 2014 Honda accord coupe car cover fit like a glove. I put it on alone and once a few spots were secured the rest just slipped right on.
Attached Thumbnails Car Cover Options for RC F (merged threads)-car-cover.jpg  
Old 11-27-14, 10:10 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

do these have a soft lining inside, these covers can scratch the clearcoat. Be nice to have one lined with microfiber
Old 11-27-14, 01:09 PM
donaldp
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Your search is pointless because it does not matter how good the car cover is or how soft the lining is because the dirt on the paint is the enemy. Every car cover will move the dry particles of dirt and dust across your clear coal and all will scratch the paint. If you have a light color, you won't know it's happening and if you have a dark color you will quickly realize that a car cover is a bad idea and you will quit using it. It really is a catch 22 because one uses a car cover to protect the finish but realistically, car covers hurt the finish of your car.
Old 11-28-14, 08:04 PM
tspoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will keep my new car in a garage and do not see a need for a cover.
Old 11-28-14, 09:38 PM
Mywhitercf
Driver School Candidate

This cover has fleece lining and once its on it will stay on. I don't use it outside, the main reason is that the car will only be driven about once a week and I have a cat that sleeps in my garage a few times a week so I don't want it jumping all over the car and its paint. I also figure it will keep the dust and grime off the car. I know its kinda stupid but if I pay attention and make sure the car is clean before the cover goes on it should be ok. Thanks for your comments, I am a bit of an amateur.
Old 12-04-14, 03:52 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Default Update on Indoor Car Covers

Called California Car Cover today - they should have the pattern done in aprox 2 weeks - I have used these custom covers (flannel) for the last 40 years on all my vehicles & they have been great - they have always kept my cars looking like new and I always get top $ for them when I sell them - my 08 ISF has been garaged & covered since new & never been washed (ever since new) - I use a California duster & it looks like it just rolled out of the showroom (even under florescent lights !)
Old 01-22-15, 09:09 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Default Car Covers

Good News - Talked to Covercraft today - they now have a custom fit pattern for the RCF - Pattern number is C17836 - best to order online from one of the online vendors (Big Sky Car Covers 800-221-4875 had the best price I could find - Talk to Greg (Good Guy!) bigskycovers.com

Last edited by cardoc1; 01-23-15 at 11:03 AM. Reason: .
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (07-16-18)
Old 10-04-15, 06:16 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car Cover Options?

Anyone know where to get a Lexus RCF cover? Or does anyone have a good aftermarket one they can post pics of and/or recommend from "personal" experience.

TIA
Old 10-04-15, 06:34 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Default Car Cover Options?

Anyone know where to get a Lexus RCF cover? Or does anyone have a good aftermarket one they can post pics of and/or recommend from "personal" experience.

TIA
Old 10-04-15, 07:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Have you tried carid.com or autoanything.com places like these have a lot of different options for a lot of different vehicles but the RCF it seems is still so limited (they probably wouldn't even have floor mats for the RCF yet) to just the few that are on here & i don't think i've ever seen one on any of the sites here, but i've never actually looked for a car cover. Matter of fact, i don't think i've Ever owned a car cover. Does it sit outside or you just wanting one to put over it in a garage? GL
Old 10-04-15, 09:45 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Have you tried carid.com or autoanything.com places like these have a lot of different options for a lot of different vehicles but the RCF it seems is still so limited (they probably wouldn't even have floor mats for the RCF yet) to just the few that are on here & i don't think i've ever seen one on any of the sites here, but i've never actually looked for a car cover. Matter of fact, i don't think i've Ever owned a car cover. Does it sit outside or you just wanting one to put over it in a garage? GL
Sometimes I'm out of town for upwards of a month and my vehicle sits outside.
Old 10-05-15, 01:44 AM
BlueThundr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd ordered two Covercraft custom covers for my RCF several months back from Car Covers Direct:

http://www.carcoversdirect.com/car-covers

One was Reflec'tect for short and quick protection from Sun and the other was Weathershield HP for longer term cover. Both were great for their purpose. with very good fit. It was also delivered within a week at reasonable prices.

Quick Reply: Car Cover Options for RC F (merged threads)