RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Sid's RC-F

Old 11-20-14, 10:59 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Was it Blue 2.0 w/ Standard Wheels ..???

Joe Z
I think it was a grey one.

See here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...h-florida.html
Old 11-21-14, 07:37 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Was it Blue 2.0 w/ Standard Wheels ..???

Joe Z
Now THAT is what I'm talking about!
Old 11-21-14, 07:42 AM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Ice350
No, I work at Lexus of Pembroke Pines.
We did get an RC F today and I was as excited as a little kid with his first cowboy and indian gun and costume set.
Is that RCF sold already?
Old 11-21-14, 08:19 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

congrats man!
Old 11-21-14, 08:52 AM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
congrats man!
Thanks!

The car is at the dealer for the full interior/exterior Eckbond treatment. The ES350 loaner is not as fun to drive.
Old 11-22-14, 04:22 PM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

I received my first compliment on the RC-F (other than at the Lexus dealership) while getting gas just now.... from a guy driving a Ferrari!
Old 11-22-14, 04:31 PM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
Why did you install LoJack? I thought all the RCs have Enform which is like OnStar in that they can track a stolen vehicle through its built in cellular connection.
Originally Posted by RCFSid
Truth be told, I didn't even know about the Enform service until after purchasing the car, paying for and installing LoJack. I think I will call the dealership and give them a piece of my mind. Buyer beware, I guess.

Anyhow, yes, the car has Enform, however, after one year, there is a subscription fee. Break even for me (including the first free year) is about 6.5 years. I drove my last car for 7 years (and still have it). The plan is to have this car for as long, or longer than that (as evidenced by my purchase of the 8yr/100,000 mile warranty). I guess it is safe to say that I was the finance guy's dream customer. I bought everything he pitched.

After the math, Enform or LoJack; I could have gone either way.
I asked at the dealership why they would sell me LoJack if the same service was available through Lexus Enform. The response makes total sense. The Lexus Enform tracking is via a cellular signal. LoJack uses a satellite signal. So the chances of recovering a stolen car are higher with LoJack than with the Lexus Enform service. FYI.
Old 11-22-14, 05:19 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! Awesome color combo. Enjoy it
Old 11-22-14, 05:21 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I can't believe we don't have one of these beasts.
We're the #2 selling Lexus dealer in the country.
We have 1000 cars in stock and we sell approximately 600 new Lexus per month.
I can't believe some other store has one before us.

Oh, forgot to say congrats on the new ride dude. Enjoy it to the max.
Probably because you guys are part of southeast Toyota and are on the other side of the country so the ship takes longer to get down and around.
Old 11-23-14, 04:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I asked at the dealership why they would sell me LoJack if the same service was available through Lexus Enform. The response makes total sense. The Lexus Enform tracking is via a cellular signal. LoJack uses a satellite signal. So the chances of recovering a stolen car are higher with LoJack than with the Lexus Enform service. FYI.
Dude, Lexus Enform is the bomb. They got you good. Don't listen to those excuses. You just paid this months mortgage payment for them.
Old 11-23-14, 04:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ATO1175
Is that RCF sold already?
Ours is gone.
Old 11-23-14, 05:37 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry, but LoJack doesn't use satelittes. From their own FAQ:

"The LoJack® product is a battery operated, stolen vehicle recovery system that helps law enforcement to track and recover your stolen vehicle. A LoJack® Unit is hidden in your vehicle by a certified technician and is registered in the LoJack database. When you file a stolen vehicle report with law enforcement and the theft is recorded in the national stolen vehicle database, law enforcement computers send a silent radio signal to your car. If your vehicle is within a LoJack coverage area, the LoJack Transceiver in your stolen vehicle can be automatically activated, allowing law enforcement to track and recover your vehicle."

http://www.lojack.com/Customer-Servi...covery/FAQs#q1
Old 11-24-14, 11:31 AM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
I'm sorry, but LoJack doesn't use satelittes.
You are correct! LoJack doesn't use satellites. Misinformation from the dealer. It does use radio frequencies that are probably better than trying to use cellular. However, Lexus Enform specifies the use of cellular and GPS to track cars. So, which is better? Who knows. Does having both increase the chances of recovering a stolen Lexus?

From LoJack's Website:

The LoJack® Stolen Vehicle Recovery System uses Radio Frequency (RF) technology to track and recover stolen vehicles. Because RF signals are so strong and do not require line of sight with any satellites or cell towers, the LoJack® system can track vehicles in places where other systems may not, such as when the vehicles are in garages, shipping containers or dense foliage.*

*LoJack® unit activation is contingent upon the vehicle being located within LoJack’s coverage area that spans counties across 29 states throughout the US and the District of Columbia.

From Lexus Enform:
Stolen Vehicle Location

If you ever file a police report stating that your vehicle has been stolen, local authorities can remotely activate its tracking beacon using the vehicle's embedded cellular and GPS technology. This helps them to recover it more quickly and may minimize the amount of damage that can be incurred. Unlike some third-party services, the Stolen Vehicle Location system also works across the United States.
Old 11-24-14, 12:13 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You are correct! LoJack doesn't use satellites. Misinformation from the dealer. It does use radio frequencies that are probably better than trying to use cellular. However, Lexus Enform specifies the use of cellular and GPS to track cars. So, which is better? Who knows. Does having both increase the chances of recovering a stolen Lexus?
Finally I can use my status as "rocket scientist" to provide an expert opinion. Satellites are better because of breadth of coverage. There's nowhere you can hide from a satellite.
Old 11-25-14, 09:49 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, white interior, you gotta take good care of it!
Congrats on the new car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sid's RC-F