RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 05:47 PM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are so many factors that determine the premium for an auto insurance policy. It'd be helpful to notate garaging city and state, driver's profile (sex, marital status, driving history), and coverage limits. All insurance policies are different. Many brokers will quote the state minimum to attract new customers but you really need to pay close attention to what you are buying.

If you are paying few hundred for 6 months, very good for you and you probably have a very good driving record, have had the same policy for many years. However, it may still be a good idea to review your policy limits. If you live in an area where $250K cars are everywhere, you probably want higher limits. If you cause a fender bender to a $400K Rolls Royce, the state minimum probably won't be enough.

I have a DUI and speeding on my record. I am paying about $3,500 for 6 months to cover a 2012 Infiniti FX35 and a 2014 GS350 F-Sport with 100K/300K/50K liability limits.

Don't drink and drive. Trust me, it's not worth it.
Old 04-16-15, 11:09 PM
detluv313
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

33M, 1 Speeding ticket (GS F Sport), my premium is $146.30 Monthly or $877.78 but thats with a HELLA SPEEDING TICKET 84mph in a 40mph
Old 04-17-15, 03:07 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by detluv313
33M, 1 Speeding ticket (GS F Sport), my premium is $146.30 Monthly or $877.78 but thats with a HELLA SPEEDING TICKET 84mph in a 40mph
44, nice one! Go big or go home!
Old 04-17-15, 07:11 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your insurance is high ask for a re-rate of your policy or go with USAA
Old 11-11-15, 09:40 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

26M
$764.33 for 6 months.
Geico
Old 11-13-15, 11:15 AM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

28M
$606 / 6 months via Liberty Mutual with $500 deductible. My previous RC350 that I traded in was $558 / 6 months.
Old 11-13-15, 03:07 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

43, Male

$115 monthly with a $500 deductible. State Farm Insurance in California. No tickets ever, or any other infractions and a Perfect driving record. Yes, I do speed but carefully and yes, I did get pulled over @95mph on the 10 freeway. I am an Army Veteran and was fortunate to be let off with a few verbal warnings. Hehe.. Please drive carefully guys and gals.

Regards,
Akiho

Last edited by Akiho; 11-13-15 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-17-15, 07:50 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cardoc1
Just received my 1st insurance bill - $65.85 per month under the State Farm "Drive Safe & Save" Program - My 08 ISF runs $36.77 per month in comparison - these are both full coverage with a $500 deductible !
wow...$36.77 per month for an ISF and full coverage?! Is California that cheap on insurance? I figured it would be one of the highest having so many cars on the road...the states in general is alot cheaper than up here in the north lol.
Old 11-17-15, 08:06 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paying the same amount for rcf as my '15 gs350 f sport awd
Old 11-18-15, 01:58 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

insurance is so subjective.

rates are dependent on many factors, no 2 people will get the same rates because their circumstances, where they live and their discounts will vary.

with that said:

I pay $1581 every 6 months for $250K/$500K $250 deductible with $1,000,000 balloon coverage in Los Angeles for:

47 year old male, 55 year old female drivers (married obviously)

1995 4Runner
2005 Honda VTX1800 Custom
2007 Camry Hybrid
2015 Lexus RC-F

my house with earthquake and flood.

and a 1934 Ford Model A Roadster hot rod that is currently on Non-op status while it is being built (restored), so it has comp/coll only, no liability until it is road worthly

with the combined vehicle, house discounts as well as my age, # of years with no accidents or tickets, etc. discounts the RC-F breaks out to $520 of that $1,581
Old 11-18-15, 06:27 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Akiho
I did get pulled over @95mph on the 10 freeway.
95mph on the 10 and you got pulled over? What about all the cars passing you in the left lane?
Old 11-19-15, 12:38 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
95mph on the 10 and you got pulled over? What about all the cars passing you in the left lane?
I'm guessing he was on the Fast Track Express lanes which is on the farthest left 2 lanes or he was in the non-fast track left lane and was caught doing 95mph.

I did 125 mph one time on the 210 fwy carpool side just to test it out.
Old 11-19-15, 02:42 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I'm guessing he was on the Fast Track Express lanes which is on the farthest left 2 lanes or he was in the non-fast track left lane and was caught doing 95mph.

I did 125 mph one time on the 210 fwy carpool side just to test it out.

Hi, guys..

I actually have the complete story on this forum. I can briefly tell it again. Yes, I was on the 10 Freeway heading East Bound towards El Monte from Monterey Park. An extremely slow driver was going super slow on the furthest left lane, not Fast Track or Carpool Lane, and I was wondering why people were still following that slow left lane. Anyways, I am a very safe and calm driver but was kinda ticked off from the slow speed and went around the mid lane to cut her off and hit over 95mph, and my dumbass, didn't realize that 8-10 cars behind was CHP in a marked SUV. Yes, I should NOT have cut her off and hit the gas a little too high and CHP nailed be right away. Because of my Army Airborne 82nd License Plate, he let me go with a verbal warning to, please drive more carefully and slow down.

From that time on, I barely hit 80mph anymore. Lesson learned and I didn't care about getting a ticket but my insurance rate would have jumped up. I only pay roughly $115 with State Farm, full coverage, of course with a $500 deductible. Please be careful out there Club Lexus Members. I am definitely more humble, careful, cautious, light footed on the gas pedal and just because I have a V8 467hp, I don't push it too hard. Yes, it's an extremely fast car but I must control that beast. Hehe..

I have been pulled over numerous times with my Toyota Tacoma truck and no tickets ever for 13 years with it. Being a Veteran does help but no more pushing it because I will eventually get a ticket. I know that we own or lease an RCF, but please drive carefully and respect your speeds, guys/gals. On another note, I have been pulled over by CHP, Monterey Park PD, San Gabriel PD, LAPD, Sheriff's Department, El Monte PD, Arcadia PD from Asian, Caucasian, Latino, and Black Law Enforcement officers and no tickets. Obviously race was never an issue and I am Asian. I was extremely polite, gave no dumb excuses, agreed with everything they said and was always let go. Once again, please drive carefully and we don't want your insurance rates to go up, ok? Please have a great day guys/gals.

Regards,
Akiho

p.s. I still haven't seen an RCF on the roads yet. Besides at the dealerships. I know of two more guys in this Forum in Ventura County and Orange County, BossHu, is his name, I believe. I would definitely like to see some of you guys in person fir some kind of meet up. I have only seen 3 RC350's, so far too, in Southern California. Where is the RCF LOVE? Hehe.. ;-)

Last edited by Akiho; 11-19-15 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-21-15, 11:38 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Regards,
Akiho

p.s. I still haven't seen an RCF on the roads yet. Besides at the dealerships. I know of two more guys in this Forum in Ventura County and Orange County, BossHu, is his name, I believe. I would definitely like to see some of you guys in person fir some kind of meet up. I have only seen 3 RC350's, so far too, in Southern California. Where is the RCF LOVE? Hehe.. ;-)
I'm just 2 neighboring cities from you. West of Covina... lol! There's also that Novel guy from SGV but I don't know where he is exactly... I've only seen 1-2 RCFs on the road before I bought my own. I see more RC350s lately. Yea, it would be great to see other RCFs in LA County or SoCal in general... There are more meets in East Coast I think which makes us look bad given that we have almost perfect weather most of the time...
Old 11-22-15, 09:58 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I'm just 2 neighboring cities from you. West of Covina... lol! There's also that Novel guy from SGV but I don't know where he is exactly... I've only seen 1-2 RCFs on the road before I bought my own. I see more RC350s lately. Yea, it would be great to see other RCFs in LA County or SoCal in general... There are more meets in East Coast I think which makes us look bad given that we have almost perfect weather most of the time...

Well I am in the same area, I drive from Cerritos to City of Industry for Work daily, sometimes I take the 91/605/60 other times I take La Palma to Beach to Whittier to Harbor, and other times the 91/57/60

I've seen 1 other RC-F, a white one going North on Azusa in front of the Puente Hills mall, he turned into Krispy Kreme, I was heading south toward Colima.

I've only seen one RC350 and that was in Cerritos on La Palma and he as pulled over I suspect for for speeding in a school zone @ 8:00am.

Quick Reply: RC-F Insurance