RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dealer: No special orders until Q1 2015

Old 11-13-14, 09:20 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer: No special orders until Q1 2015

Just got this from my dealer. Pretty disappointed since I'm not ordering a carbon version:

"Unfortunately this is how Lexus is currently offering the RCF. Only as they choose to build it and allocate. They have let us know that in the future, (maybe q1 2015) We may be able to submit specific build orders such as yours. These cars will take 5-6 months from that point however to be built and shipped from the factory. There is not currently any RCF's scheduled to be build with pre collision or radar cruise in any production configuration. Would you like for us to slide your spot on the list until Lexus allows special ordering on the RCF model?
Here's what I had ordered (and put a deposit down on):

2015 RC F Black on Black
- Premium Package
- Navigation with Mark Levinson
- Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Leather Interior Trim
- Carpet Trunk Mat
- Cargo Net

I have special ordered before from Lexus, so I don't know what the problem is. Also, special orders are usually 3-4 months, not the 5-6 claimed above.

Anybody hearing any different on their special orders?
Old 11-14-14, 12:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Lexus usually does not allow special orders for first few months that vehicle starts production - this is because they have to satisfy initial demand.

Cant your dealer get the same build faster?
Old 11-14-14, 06:17 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

geez might as well wait until 2016 to see if there are any changes. Even the Q1 2015 doesnt sound like its set in stone, a big maybe.
Old 11-14-14, 06:38 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am hearing the same thing guys, if you don't opt for an RC F that was either ordered a specific way by the dealership, or was sent per the build Lexus is pushing out at the moment, it could be spring of 2015 before you see your car. I have heard this from two separate Lexus dealers.
Old 11-14-14, 06:59 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have heard no such thing and expect delivery in January, approx 90 days after i placed my order. Those dealers are simply misinforming you because they know they can sell all the inventory that comes in without the hassle of a special order.
Old 11-14-14, 07:00 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The RCF I got was pushed out to the dealer by Lexus specifically for our region. We have a black one coming in Dec, same package and option as mine. I hate waiting so I got what was available with no regrets
Old 11-14-14, 08:50 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Originally Posted by NewSpace
I have heard no such thing and expect delivery in January, approx 90 days after i placed my order. Those dealers are simply misinforming you because they know they can sell all the inventory that comes in without the hassle of a special order.
I guess that all depends on who you are working with NewSpace, the first dealer I spoke to was/is pretty clueless to what's coming down the pipe. The second dealership knows their stuff, she has one on the showroom floor, but was very open with timeframes and willingness to special order what we want. The 90 days you are expecting is about what she told me it could take, and possibly 120 days depending on demand which puts me right around spring time.
Old 11-14-14, 09:03 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NickZ
I guess that all depends on who you are working with NewSpace, the first dealer I spoke to was/is pretty clueless to what's coming down the pipe. The second dealership knows their stuff, she has one on the showroom floor, but was very open with timeframes and willingness to special order what we want. The 90 days you are expecting is about what she told me it could take, and possibly 120 days depending on demand which puts me right around spring time.
As I stated, Lexus is pushing out 72 to the east coast at this time--fact. None are special orders to my knowledge.

I also know that I will not see by special order carbon until April.
Old 11-14-14, 09:29 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are going to force me to go bug my sales rep at the dealer for more reassurances. I was told that an incoming car that was allocated to this particular dealer was displaced by my special order.

If the time horizon stretches beyond the promised time period (90-120 days from my order) I will pull my deposit and go buy one off another dealer lot. RCFs are not all spoken for the moment they hit the lots.
Old 11-14-14, 09:45 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

I just sent an email to Lexus corporate. I need to find out what's going on.

It might not be this simple, but I feel like there should be a better way to track my order like the Domino’s pizza tracker. I can spend only $12 on a pizza, and I know when “Kate” began making my order, “Tom” put it in the oven, “Jason” went for a smoke-break, and when “Billy” boxed it up. Yet, when it comes to dropping $78,000 on a luxury car, I’m in the dark.
Old 11-14-14, 10:10 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ThaDRD

It might not be this simple, but I feel like there should be a better way to track my order like the Domino’s pizza tracker. I can spend only $12 on a pizza, and I know when “Kate” began making my order, “Tom” put it in the oven, “Jason” went for a smoke-break, and when “Billy” boxed it up. Yet, when it comes to dropping $78,000 on a luxury car, I’m in the dark.
Holy guacamole you're right. One thing is clear: Neither the factory nor the dealer like taking special orders and would rather not do it. From the factory perspecitve the whole "lean" JIT flow must be violently disrupted every time someone customizes something. And the dealer probably hates the prospect of the buyer pulling out at the last minute and getting stuck with a car that may be tough to sell.
Old 11-14-14, 04:50 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NewSpace
You guys are going to force me to go bug my sales rep at the dealer for more reassurances. I was told that an incoming car that was allocated to this particular dealer was displaced by my special order.

If the time horizon stretches beyond the promised time period (90-120 days from my order) I will pull my deposit and go buy one off another dealer lot. RCFs are not all spoken for the moment they hit the lots.
Precisely what you are doing is how I got my 2012 ISF. You should be fine.
Old 11-14-14, 04:52 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ThaDRD

Agree...the process is less than desirable, but you will get your ride. I am feeling the same pain.
Old 11-14-14, 05:21 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF001
Precisely what you are doing is how I got my 2012 ISF. You should be fine.
Appreciate the voice of reason. Helps keep me calm while waiting. Truth is wifey will pull the plug if it takes too long for my new toy to arrive.
Old 11-15-14, 05:46 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

I never heard back from Lexus corporate. However, I did talk to Longo Lexus (biggest dealer on west coast) and they said they can't process a special order until January.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer: No special orders until Q1 2015