RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dealer: No special orders until Q1 2015

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-14, 09:27 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
I never heard back from Lexus corporate. However, I did talk to Longo Lexus (biggest dealer on west coast) and they said they can't process a special order until January.
I'll be posting pictures of my special order when it arrives in January
Old 11-15-14, 11:37 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
I'll be posting pictures of my special order when it arrives in January
I meant that's when they can put an special order in, then you'd have to wait 4 months. So, it would be like April before anybody sees a special ordered car.
Old 11-16-14, 07:03 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

I meant that's when they can put an special order in, then you'd have to wait 4 months. So, it would be like April before anybody sees a special ordered car.
And I meant that I hope your're wrong. If you read the forum all the way back to 2007, nominal special order delivery times are indeed 3-4 months. In those cases where it has taken longer it seems to be the dealer playing games by not placing the order in to the system at all. People also seem to get into trouble when the order crosses into next model year's production.

Also consistent: Lack of transparency. No news from dealer until late in the process.

Mine will be here in time for my birthday in February.
Old 11-16-14, 07:32 AM
Ultrarcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus will be accepting special orders starting in December for February production. Those cars will deliver between march and April. You can submit an order now but it won't be accepted by Lexus until next month it will stay in the recycling/special status until it gets accepted. I currently have 2 special orders submitted for my dealership and expect to see them in late March or early April
Old 11-16-14, 10:38 AM
SDEngineer
Driver School Candidate

And I meant that I hope your're wrong. If you read the forum all the way back to 2007, nominal special order delivery times are indeed 3-4 months. In those cases where it has taken longer it seems to be the dealer playing games by not placing the order in to the system at all. People also seem to get into trouble when the order crosses into next model year's production.

Also consistent: Lack of transparency. No news from dealer until late in the process.

Mine will be here in time for my birthday in February.
How special is your special order? Is it possible that your order is one that would have been built anyway, and your dealer simply pulling that particular car for it's allocation? It does appear that we have a few people on this forum with "insider knowledge" who are backing up the "no special orders" policy - but, on the other hand, if you happen to have an order which matched up with one that Lexus was already going to build, then both sides could be right.
Old 11-16-14, 03:45 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultrarcf
Lexus will be accepting special orders starting in December for February production. Those cars will deliver between march and April. You can submit an order now but it won't be accepted by Lexus until next month it will stay in the recycling/special status until it gets accepted. I currently have 2 special orders submitted for my dealership and expect to see them in late March or early April
Alas, someone who knows what is going on.

I will not see my special status carbon RCF on the east coast until March/April. It is ordered but will not be processed until December.
Old 11-16-14, 05:01 PM
Ultrarcf
Driver School Candidate

The only option that is going to slow down the OP is the pre collision and radar cruise. The east coast dealers are the only ones getting that option right now. For all of us on the west half of the country we will have to wait and request it as an order. If you did without the pre collision you could get one within a few weeks pretty easy
Old 11-16-14, 08:35 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SDEngineer
How special is your special order? Is it possible that your order is one that would have been built anyway, and your dealer simply pulling that particular car for it's allocation? It does appear that we have a few people on this forum with "insider knowledge" who are backing up the "no special orders" policy - but, on the other hand, if you happen to have an order which matched up with one that Lexus was already going to build, then both sides could be right.
I didn't quite order a stripped model, but restrained myself to these options:
Nav $1,760
Headlamps $1,160
Radar cruise $500
USB 2.0 $595
Options total: $4,015

Comes in at $67,340.
Old 11-17-14, 04:23 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we just special ordered/accepted and prcoessed... FULLY LOADED, with the CARBON PACKAGE....INFRARED and delivery is expected mid February....

it helps we were the #1 VOLUME EASTERN REGION LEXUS DEALER for NOV/DEC 2013
Old 11-17-14, 07:08 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
we just special ordered/accepted and prcoessed... FULLY LOADED, with the CARBON PACKAGE....INFRARED and delivery is expected mid February....

it helps we were the #1 VOLUME EASTERN REGION LEXUS DEALER for NOV/DEC 2013
Yes I suspect it does depend somewhat on the dealer and market they are in. Being in California there are multiple large competing dealerships. Plus shipments come direct to west coast ports so again, I expect my car by February.
Old 11-17-14, 01:51 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Yes I suspect it does depend somewhat on the dealer and market they are in. Being in California there are multiple large competing dealerships. Plus shipments come direct to west coast ports so again, I expect my car by February.
Except Longo is the largest on the west coast and they said no special orders will even go through until January. Then they start building them.
Old 11-17-14, 02:51 PM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish Lexus did have a way to be "Transparent" on their shipment allocations for its waiting customers. I was dying when i read someone refer to the dominoes pizza tracker! that was hilarious! lol =}
Old 11-20-14, 12:59 PM
Rxspecial
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus special orders

I just sent an email to Lexus corporate. I need to find out what's going on.

It might not be this simple, but I feel like there should be a better way to track my order like the Domino’s pizza tracker. I can spend only $12 on a pizza, and I know when “Kate” began making my order, “Tom” put it in the oven, “Jason” went for a smoke-break, and when “Billy” boxed it up. Yet, when it comes to dropping $78,000 on a luxury car, I’m in the dark.
Please post whatever they tell you. I am going through a nightmare w/my own special order & am curious who I can talk to @ corporate.
Thanks
Old 11-20-14, 01:11 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rxspecial
Please post whatever they tell you. I am going through a nightmare w/my own special order & am curious who I can talk to @ corporate.
Thanks
What's going on with yours?
Old 11-20-14, 06:17 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rxspecial
Thanks
They didn't really help me:

"Lexus dealerships and distributors are prepared to take your request and make every attempt to obtain the desired vehicle. If the dealership is unable to locate the vehicle of choice, they may submit a preference request for your desired vehicle. This preference request does not guarantee you will receive the vehicle with the exact options requested, and may create an extended wait-time.
We encourage you to contact the Customer Relations Manager at your local Lexus dealership regarding current vehicle availability, or the possibility of special ordering the vehicle of your choice. We apologize for any inconvenience with the time it may take to special order a particular vehicle."

Quick Reply: Dealer: No special orders until Q1 2015