RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Drove the RC-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-14, 08:00 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

I would expect GS-F to be more expensive than RC-F though... bet would be new IS-F of course.
Old 11-14-14, 08:17 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

GS F confirmed by multiple sources here and in press as next model to get F treatment.

GS-sized 4 door is what I want/need but got sick of waiting and pulled the trigger on RCF.
Old 11-14-14, 10:50 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
As the other poster stated I don't know the probability of one being built anytime soon having said that you can probably get a later model ISF if that's the situation.
Even the GTR has enough room for a baby seat (I think). Why not that haha?
Not a chance I went to sit in one just to see and for bigger guys there is no room , maybe if you're a short small guy then sure. Last week I also went to see the rcf and when my seating position was all set there was leg room for a small child in the back something the gtr never had .

I still think the rcf is a tad small for my 6'3" if I wanted to have use of the rear seats on a regular basis , but if it's only from time to time I have to sacrifice a little bit of seating comfort I would take it over a sedan
Old 11-15-14, 04:40 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Not a chance I went to sit in one just to see and for bigger guys there is no room , maybe if you're a short small guy then sure. Last week I also went to see the rcf and when my seating position was all set there was leg room for a small child in the back something the gtr never had .

I still think the rcf is a tad small for my 6'3" if I wanted to have use of the rear seats on a regular basis , but if it's only from time to time I have to sacrifice a little bit of seating comfort I would take it over a sedan
My buddy bought the GSFsport today. It has more room in the front, but when you slide the seats back for your leg extension, the back comes up short on space.

Yes, there is considerably more back seat comfort than the RCF. Few of us will ever use the back seats in the new rocket, IMO.
Old 11-15-14, 05:18 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ISF001
My buddy bought the GSFsport today. It has more room in the front, but when you slide the seats back for your leg extension, the back comes up short on space.

Yes, there is considerably more back seat comfort than the RCF. Few of us will ever use the back seats in the new rocket, IMO.
I used the back seats on the first day taking the RCF home. My 13yr old sat in the passenger seat and my 10yr sat right behind him. She said it was comfortable and there was more space than the G37S Coupe we had. I wouldn't know cause I don't sit back there, im just glad the kids approve.
Old 11-15-14, 07:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

at the houston event, i set the front seat for my driving position and then sat in the back, I had about a two finger gap between my knees and the seat. Im 5'9
Old 11-16-14, 03:49 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
at the houston event, i set the front seat for my driving position and then sat in the back, I had about a two finger gap between my knees and the seat. Im 5'9
5' 10" here. No intention of using the back seat for much more than my Lexus cap.

Glad to here those with kids can make it work.
Old 11-17-14, 12:50 AM
Riohaaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC track day

RC track day event. The V8 is a masterpiece. Drove back to back with M4. RC F so much more of an experience. Tenacious, angry, fantastic. Best thing ive driven.
Attached Thumbnails Drove the RC-F-smoke2.png   Drove the RC-F-t.jpg   Drove the RC-F-f.jpg   Drove the RC-F-d.jpg  

Last edited by Riohaaa; 11-17-14 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-17-14, 01:26 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome shots!
Old 11-17-14, 08:39 PM
Riohaaa
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! The video is pretty dope. Will post in a day or two.
Old 11-20-14, 06:05 PM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Drove the rcf today and I must say very impressed. Motor is a beast. I had two isf's before and motors and the sound are very similar. Interior Is what sets this car apart. Great seats and great tech. Car is more in line with a grand touring car opposed a sports car. Great daily car with all the power,tech and its practical. I wish the carbon fiber packages were available. Like to see the carbon on ultra sonic. If I didn't just purchase an Audi R8 I would be placing my order.
Old 11-20-14, 07:22 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely more of a GT with traceability which is exactly what it should be. How is the R8?

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Drove the rcf today and I must say very impressed. Motor is a beast. I had two isf's before and motors and the sound are very similar. Interior Is what sets this car apart. Great seats and great tech. Car is more in line with a grand touring car opposed a sports car. Great daily car with all the power,tech and its practical. I wish the carbon fiber packages were available. Like to see the carbon on ultra sonic. If I didn't just purchase an Audi R8 I would be placing my order.
Old 11-20-14, 07:59 PM
mrdtail36
Driver School Candidate

Default Drove an RC F

I finally got my hands behind the wheel of an RC F. The car is a BEAST. The high revving V8 is the most powerful Lexus I've ever driven. The exhaust note is music to my ears. Drove it in all three modes with sport being the best. Couldn't really test the handling since it was at night and I was unfamiliar with the roads. I plan to go in the light of day and really ring it out. I'm not that broad but I found the seats just a little tight for my liking. The car did not have the Performance Package nor the Mark Levinson Package. I was told that the performance package has been delayed and if I would place an order now I'd see it with that package in March-April 2015.

Last edited by mrdtail36; 11-20-14 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-21-14, 01:14 PM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Definitely more of a GT with traceability which is exactly what it should be. How is the R8?
R8 is great. Lacks the practicality for sure. It's a great drivers car with the best seating position of any car I sat in. Best sounding car as far as being stock I have ever had. Lacks tech but it's all about the driver and the car. My girlfriend calls it the UFO because everyone wants to take pictures of it and it draws a ton of attention. One thing I don't like is the mod market is very over priced. Like 7k for an exhaust. It's the R8 surcharge.

Last edited by MercuryISF; 11-21-14 at 03:11 PM.