RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF is Faster than the M4 and Audi RS5 on a Closed Track

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-14, 05:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
You have no idea what the RCF can do. Apparently, neither do Car and Driver and MT. Road and Track ran a 3.9 in a Pre-pro version. Lexus beat the M4 and RS5 on the track, and you want to hold onto 7 year old tech in the ISF as a serious contender to the new car? The new F dwarfs the ISF--my favorite Lexus.

With all due respect, This discussion is inane and needs to be settled on the track in March. For now, We should just give it up.
You really need to see the underside of the RC F. It's not a whole lot different from the IS F at all, and the places where they made improvements are all in the shell. 7 year old tech abounds in the RC F, just read the New Car Features. I did.
Old 11-11-14, 05:10 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You really need to see the underside of the RC F. It's not a whole lot different from the IS F at all, and the places where they made improvements are all in the shell. 7 year old tech abounds in the RC F, just read the New Car Features. I did.
Whatever the Frankenstein car has, it seems to work quite well.

I'm sorry. I know you have far more tech knowledge than I will ever have, but Yaguchi appears to have another winner here.

Again, we need to see what the carbons do on side-by-sides in March and April.

We know there will be wins and losses, but the new F, even in its detuned presence, performs with the best.

Peace.
Old 11-12-14, 10:56 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Video is up: http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/gall...-closed-track1
Old 11-12-14, 01:07 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Hmm, I find it interesting that the official driver used for this AMCI testing was Justin Bell. Isn't he on Lexus' payroll?
Old 11-12-14, 02:46 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we must wait and see. Facts is that both of the tracks RC-F were tested at ( MT and R&T ) are small, uneven and especially one in really bad condition with very strange results, especially on the M3/M4 with a 2 sec diff.

I want to see Nurburgring, Monza , Silverstone, Laguna Seca or any other track that is good and fast enough to have real auto race series on it. Not something that reminds me of my backyard.

Last edited by Mr Bond; 11-12-14 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-12-14, 04:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
I think we must wait and see. Facts is that both of the tracks RC-F were tested at ( MT and R&T ) are small, uneven and especially one in really bad condition with very strange results, especially on the M3/M4 with a 2 sec diff.

I want to see Nurburgring, Monza , Silverstone, Laguna Seca or any other track that is good and fast enough to have real auto race series on it. Not something that reminds me of my backyard.
Precisely what I was thinking.
Old 11-12-14, 07:29 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
well....that was objective. hahahahaha
Old 11-12-14, 09:21 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

A win is a win. Justin Bell may be contracted by Lexus, but that shouldn't disqualify these lap times. RC F was faster in MT's test. Only 3 tenths behind at Streets of Willow. That margin can go either way.
Old 11-13-14, 04:31 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has to be some balance somewhere.
Old 11-13-14, 07:50 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
A win is a win. Justin Bell may be contracted by Lexus, but that shouldn't disqualify these lap times. RC F was faster in MT's test. Only 3 tenths behind at Streets of Willow. That margin can go either way.
RC-F was not faster in the MT testing. I say it's a driver''s race between the two on a track. That's because the RCF is slower technically but easier to drive and the M being faster but more difficult becuase of the oversteer.
Also, the type of track used will also factor in.
Old 11-13-14, 09:29 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
RC-F was not faster in the MT testing. I say it's a driver''s race between the two on a track. That's because the RCF is slower technically but easier to drive and the M being faster but more difficult becuase of the oversteer.
Also, the type of track used will also factor in.
The MT testing was a travesty TWICE! Come on--don't you believe there is a MASSIVE discrepancy between the R&T test and the MT dumbed down drive?

It's definitely a driver's race, but...the RCF runs a 3.9 and it has beaten the M4 and RS5 in AMCI testing.

This is a reputable source for investigation and substantiation of automotive product claims. Is BMW using AMCI?

AMCI TESTING

For nearly 30 years, AMCI Testing has been the single most sought after source for the investigation and substantiation of automotive product claims. We serve virtually every global automotive brand with absolute impartiality and total confidentiality. Our technical capabilities, proven methodology and attention to detail enable us to meet the strictest scientific standards-now and into the future. AMCI Testing has NDAs in force with all major manufacturers, and no information has ever been shared without authorization from inside our organization and our clients.
Automotive brand and product marketers are also interested in AMCI Testing's unbiased studies and perspectives to aid consumers in their purchase decisions. New reference guides are now in development that will aid buyers in their purchase decisions. These include the results of the most extensive product quality study in the industry.
Old 11-13-14, 09:40 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Precisely what I was thinking.
And you will.

If Lexus is true to form, as they have been with all the F cars, they beat the shi_ out of this car on Fuji International and Nurburgring, and the car has been designed to take it.

Those holding their breath for the M4 might want to ease up. (Forget the RS5.) The RCF is demonstrating remarkable performance...as I expected.
Old 11-13-14, 09:43 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DrRick
AMCI regulated...and you think that they are accepting a payoff from Lexus over one car versus the vast number of investigations and substantiations they do...really?

You gotta be kidding.
Old 11-13-14, 10:14 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
Agreed.
Old 11-13-14, 03:38 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Sorry when I said MT it was supposed to be RT. I got the magazines mixed up.

Quick Reply: RCF is Faster than the M4 and Audi RS5 on a Closed Track