RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF is Faster than the M4 and Audi RS5 on a Closed Track

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-14, 04:31 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RCF is Faster than the M4 and Audi RS5 on a Closed Track

Yes...a bold statement. And I am not baiting the hook for a Lexus versus BMW club flaming event. See the following:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...MagSetting.pdf

See page 4 of 9.

Lexus has made this claim in their new brochure.

Knowing Lexus, this has been put to the test and confirmed. I am not surprised given the recent MotorTrend hot lap video.
Old 11-03-14, 04:48 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Page 5. Great feat though.

ATS-V, C63 AMG, M4, RC F and RS5 should be one hell of a shootout
Old 11-03-14, 04:51 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is actually only one relevant question here : what track ?
Old 11-03-14, 04:59 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

not surprising at all, considering MT video that was very close.

AMCI usually releases these things on YouTube, so we will be seeing it soon.
Old 11-03-14, 05:02 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
There is actually only one relevant question here : what track ?
I am SURE that Lexus will spill the beans soon. There is no way conservative Lexus is making this claim without proof. I suspect it is Nurburgring and Fuji International.
Old 11-03-14, 05:53 PM
SDEngineer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I am SURE that Lexus will spill the beans soon. There is no way conservative Lexus is making this claim without proof. I suspect it is Nurburgring and Fuji International.
From the fine print in the brochure:

"*AMCI Testing Certified, 1.8-mile test track; MY15 vehicles tested. RC F with Performance Package; RS 5 with 20-in wheels; M4 with M-Double-Clutch Transmission, Adaptive M Suspension, 19-in wheels"

So - not the Nurburgring or Fuji Speedway, as neither have a 1.8 mile configuration.

It could be Willow Springs, which does have a 1.8 mile road course. There are a lot more minor raceways that also have a 1.8 mile configuration, but I'd think it most likely that they would have done this on a major track. Since that also is the one in the Head2Head video, where the two cars came out so evenly matched on the road course, it is definitely believable (given that a serious driver like Randy Pobst was barely able to put down a 0.3s advantage for the M4 - with Carbon Ceramic Brakes no less - I'd find it reasonably likely that without the CCBs, the M4 might come in 2nd, and in any case, a 0.3s difference is so small that on a different day and a different driver, the RC-F could quite possibly pull it out).

Last edited by SDEngineer; 11-03-14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 09:59 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SDEngineer

"*AMCI Testing Certified, 1.8-mile test track; MY15 vehicles tested. RC F with Performance Package; RS 5 with 20-in wheels; M4 with M-Double-Clutch Transmission, Adaptive M Suspension, 19-in wheels"

So - not the Nurburgring or Fuji Speedway, as neither have a 1.8 mile configuration.

It could be Willow Springs, which does have a 1.8 mile road course. There are a lot more minor raceways that also have a 1.8 mile configuration, but I'd think it most likely that they would have done this on a major track. Since that also is the one in the Head2Head video, where the two cars came out so evenly matched on the road course, it is definitely believable (given that a serious driver like Randy Pobst was barely able to put down a 0.3s advantage for the M4 - with Carbon Ceramic Brakes no less - I'd find it reasonably likely that without the CCBs, the M4 might come in 2nd, and in any case, a 0.3s difference is so small that on a different day and a different driver, the RC-F could quite possibly pull it out).
Apparently they did. As a marketing Exec, I can tell you that imprisonment for false advertisement is not something to be taken likely, especially by a major car manufacturer.

It's just one hell of a car.
Old 11-04-14, 01:36 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Performance Package"? No mention of the Carbon? Is this with the tvd, guys?
Old 11-04-14, 01:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by SDEngineer

This is also with adaptive suspension on M4, which is probably heavier. BMW probably sent them the fastest possible M4 configuration.

Apparently M4 non-carbon brakes will start fading after 5-6 laps on track, but I dont think they would use that to lower its performance.
Old 11-04-14, 01:44 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TF109B
"Performance Package"? No mention of the Carbon? Is this with the tvd, guys?
1.PM-Premium Package
a.Heated/ventilated front seats , Carbon fiber interior trim, blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert, Premium LED L-shaped headlamps, intuitive parking assist
2.PE-Performance Package (Requires PM)
a.Carbon roof, carbon rear wing and Torque Vectoring Rear Differential
Old 11-04-14, 01:47 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Apparently they did. As a marketing Exec, I can tell you that imprisonment for false advertisement is not something to be taken likely, especially by a major car manufacturer.

It's just one hell of a car.
Ummm it's a misdemeanor.

The cars are equal and the asterisk makes this 'bold' statement meaningless as it is not an absolute.

It WAS faster on this one day at this one track. So when you line up at a stop light and get smoked by someone with driving skills sitting in the M4; you can't go back and then sue Lexus for false adverstising because you're not faster than an M4.

Way too much excitement over exactly what was to be expected. It's a drivers race, you will win some, you will lose some.
Old 11-04-14, 02:07 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same can be said with the M4. It works both ways, not just against Lexus.
Old 11-04-14, 04:28 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Ummm it's a misdemeanor.

The cars are equal and the asterisk makes this 'bold' statement meaningless as it is not an absolute.

It WAS faster on this one day at this one track. So when you line up at a stop light and get smoked by someone with driving skills sitting in the M4; you can't go back and then sue Lexus for false adverstising because you're not faster than an M4.

Way too much excitement over exactly what was to be expected. It's a drivers race, you will win some, you will lose some.
Ah...read what Lexus has officially stated. They DID NOT state that it was faster running light to light. Did they? Lexus said on a closed track it outperforms both cars. We're talking about an $85,000 ride.

And yes, this is an outstanding accomplishment in the eyes of any auto enthusiast.

I trust the laps were driven by one driver and run many times to validate this powerful statement. Yaguchi is no one's fool.

BMW underestimated this car. It's not only a track machine but the best car in its class for versatile driving, i.e., road driving is how the majority of the buyers will use it.

* BTW: Going to jail for corporate misrepresentation of product claims and serving time is not a misdemeanor. That's why I use attorneys.

Last edited by ISF001; 11-04-14 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 05:02 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Ah...read what Lexus has officially stated. They DID NOT state that it was faster running light to light. Did they? Lexus said on a closed track it outperforms both cars. We're talking about an $85,000 ride.

And yes, this is an outstanding accomplishment in the eyes of any auto enthusiast.

I trust the laps were driven by one driver and run many times to validate this powerful statement. Yaguchi is no one's fool.

BMW underestimated this car. It's not only a track machine but the best car in its class for versatile driving, i.e., road driving is how the majority of the buyers will use it.

* BTW: Going to jail for corporate misrepresentation of product claims and serving time is not a misdemeanor. That's why I use attorneys.
They sure did, and it was extremely evident in the Biermann/Yaguchi interview. Biermann had no clue what they were up against and his robotic biased answers only add to his discredit. Yaguchi on the other hand praised the competition.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...responses.html
Old 11-05-14, 07:40 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks like the RC-F is a better all round car than the M4.

Can match or even beat the M4 on the track.

More comfortable to own as a daily driver.

Probably more reliable.

Looks more special than the nondescript M4, which looks far too similar to a 328I.

Quick Reply: RCF is Faster than the M4 and Audi RS5 on a Closed Track