RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

So who has actually driven a RC-F?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-14, 05:23 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So who has actually driven a RC-F?

I've been looking into getting a new DD and RC-F is high on the list of options. My little sister just got her license and I've letting her use the RX and I've been commuting my 850ish miles a week in the LX. So I've been toying with the idea of just giving her the car since it's kinda big, safe, not too fast. Everything I would want to be in my little sisters first car, lol. So on to the point I've been watching and reading reviews and none have given me a satisfying answer as to where the car is placed. I feel sometimes since reviewers spend such a short amount of time with a car and some times a controlled environment that they don't get a real sense of the car. So I wanted know to if any of us Joes have driven it yet becuase some of us have perks unlike me lol. Or if you guys think there is review that gives you a satisfying answer link it!. Your guys responses will be greatly apreciated!

Last edited by MjThind; 10-26-14 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-26-14, 08:40 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

I'm guessing nobody given the views to reply ratio lol...
Old 10-26-14, 08:51 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Several people have. Just they have not responded yet. You can scan through other threads and you will find many who have posted their own impressions and reviews etc. like this one:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-nj-pics.html
Old 10-26-14, 08:56 PM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking I have driven the RCF

Originally Posted by MjThind
I've been looking into getting a new DD and RC-F is high on the list of options. My little sister just got her license and I've letting her use the RX and I've been commuting my 850ish miles a week in the LX. So I've been toying with the idea of just giving her the car since it's kinda big, safe, not too fast. Everything I would want to be in my little sisters first car, lol. So on to the point I've been watching and reading reviews and none have given me a satisfying answer as to where the car is placed. I feel sometimes since reviewers spend such a short amount of time with a car and some times a controlled environment that they don't get a real sense of the car. So I wanted know to if any of us Joes have driven it yet becuase some of us have perks unlike me lol. Or if you guys think there is review that gives you a satisfying answer link it!. Your guys responses will be greatly apreciated!

The car sounded great, handled phenomenally and gonna be worth every cent I pay for it! I drove it at the Palm Beach Racetrack. Never even thought about the "weight" issue.
Old 10-27-14, 07:46 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Several people have. Just they have not responded yet. You can scan through other threads and you will find many who have posted their own impressions and reviews etc. like this one:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-nj-pics.html
Thanks brother man!

Originally Posted by ATO1175
The car sounded great, handled phenomenally and gonna be worth every cent I pay for it! I drove it at the Palm Beach Racetrack. Never even thought about the "weight" issue.
How much did the computers intrude? Did you experience more understeer or oversteer? Thanks in advance for answering the question bro!
Old 10-27-14, 08:05 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

none of the reviews stated the computers was intrusive, some reviews even said the M4 is more intrusive
Old 10-27-14, 09:17 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATO1175
As I have said before, what "weight" issue?

The car is a luxury road rocket.
Old 10-27-14, 09:46 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

I think I may just wait until they hit lots so I can test drive one and see what it's really like. I'm fine with wait time I'm not going out of the norm getting all the bells and whistles with silver exterior and red interior. Hopefully a dealer has build slot that I can step into if I decide to buy.
Old 10-27-14, 11:04 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Read the thread that says
"Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!! "
Old 10-27-14, 11:55 AM
JJSoCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Read my post on when I drove it at Monticello Race Track...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...aceway-ny.html
Old 10-27-14, 12:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Wow that color really pops!
Old 10-27-14, 09:03 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MjThind
I think I may just wait until they hit lots so I can test drive one and see what it's really like. I'm fine with wait time I'm not going out of the norm getting all the bells and whistles with silver exterior and red interior. Hopefully a dealer has build slot that I can step into if I decide to buy.
Silver/Red theme. Very classy. There are some good videos you should check out in the review thread. Won't exactly compare to the Porsche though.
Old 10-27-14, 09:44 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chris6878
Read the thread that says
"Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!! "
Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy
Read my post on when I drove it at Monticello Race Track...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...aceway-ny.html
Will do thanks!

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Just drove this thing on the track and I was very impressed. We also got to compare the new M4 and the RCF still holds it's own. Amazing car!

Nice! did your tester have TVD?

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Silver/Red theme. Very classy. There are some good videos you should check out in the review thread. Won't exactly compare to the Porsche though.
Thanks man! You know I've alwys liked silver and one day I saw a silver GS with red interior and I thought it looked so damn good. It's actully reminded me of classic combo on a 300SL Gualwing. I dont expect it to compare either. It's just i alwys wanted a sporty car with a V8 and Something thats more chuckable in traffic than my big ol LX.