RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Carbon postponed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-14, 09:22 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Confirmed...

Just like Chu said, I just called and spoke to my salesman, he confirmed only 1 - White RCF making its way to Guam beginning of Nov. I was hoping to check out and eventually pick it up, but I wanted the CF package, so I guess I'm gonna have to wait... Bummer...
Old 10-07-14, 11:06 AM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexus has confirmed delay

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I say give up on your sources....

I too have February / March delivery for Carbon Packages.. from reliable channels..

Joe Z
Sad but true, I guess have to settle on reg RCF.

Old 10-07-14, 01:16 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
They aren't satisfied with the quality.
Does anyone know if this has to do with a production quality issue specific to a component of the Carbon Package model (i.e. Carbon Fiber roof/spoiler, TVD)?

If not, is it safe to assume that Lexus might be using the additional weeks/months to finalize calibration of the software being used for the VDIM and TVD (based on feedback from the recent pre-production test drives at the Monticello Motor Club racetrack)?
Old 10-07-14, 05:05 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
Does anyone know if this has to do with a production quality issue specific to a component of the Carbon Package model (i.e. Carbon Fiber roof/spoiler, TVD)?

If not, is it safe to assume that Lexus might be using the additional weeks/months to finalize calibration of the software being used for the VDIM and TVD (based on feedback from the recent pre-production test drives at the Monticello Motor Club racetrack)?
I honestly don't know.

My carbon TVD order had to be reentered this week for the February delivery. Like any auto manufacturer, Lexus has the option to change the specs at will.

The software used in the detuned RCFs at Monticello was not the final engine management software.
Old 10-08-14, 04:57 AM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dealer told me the RC-Fs they will be getting will arrive around the new year. I'm guessing these are the non-carbon. Looks like Lexus needs more time to get things right or demand has been greater than anticipated.
Old 10-08-14, 05:07 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chilipalm
A dealer told me the RC-Fs they will be getting will arrive around the new year. I'm guessing these are the non-carbon. Looks like Lexus needs more time to get things right or demand has been greater than anticipated.
What I have been told it that Lexus' production path for the US is to build the RCs and standard RCF and then the RCF carbon TVD. Expect to see RCFs in December and the TVDs in February some time.

My carbon will not be driven in the PA snow, so it's not an inconvenience from my perspective.
Old 10-08-14, 11:54 AM
corelink
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spoke with my dealer who indicated the RC F carbon package won't be delivered until March 2015, but gave no specific reason why. He also said the non-carbon version will be delivered in November.

I pre-ordered one with the carbon fiber package and guess I'll have to wait until March 2015.

I'm just wondering if I should actually take delivery March or wait until the 2016 model comes out to see what other options may be available.

I got a really good deal on my 2010 IS F that I purchased late in 2010 as the 2011's were ready to come in.
Old 10-08-14, 05:32 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corelink
I just spoke with my dealer who indicated the RC F carbon package won't be delivered until March 2015, but gave no specific reason why. He also said the non-carbon version will be delivered in November.

I pre-ordered one with the carbon fiber package and guess I'll have to wait until March 2015.

I'm just wondering if I should actually take delivery March or wait until the 2016 model comes out to see what other options may be available.

I got a really good deal on my 2010 IS F that I purchased late in 2010 as the 2011's were ready to come in.
March would be the latest with February as a real possibility. You need to get your dealer to push the Pre-order to an actual order this month. If you can, you may secure a February delivery.

I would not expect deals with the RCF. Most will be special orders. It's just too much car sitting on the lots for dealers to go and speculate how many they might sell.

The TVDs will be even more scarce.

Last edited by ISF001; 10-08-14 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-09-14, 07:26 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Update:

Delivery on the carbon will still be in the February/early March timeframe.

You probably will not be able to process an order until mid November. I do suspect that Yaguchi is playing with the car. Expect a lot from the car: it's going to deliver based on what I just heard from folks who executed class comparison runs on the track.
Old 10-09-14, 05:05 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

I finally got confirmation today on my order adjustment from carbon to non-carbon. If things still keep getting delayed, the final contingency is a NX F-Sport for me to drive as a daily.

Originally Posted by ISF001
Update:

Delivery on the carbon will still be in the February/early March timeframe.

You probably will not be able to process an order until mid November. I do suspect that Yaguchi is playing with the car. Expect a lot from the car: it's going to deliver based on what I just heard from folks who executed class comparison runs on the track.
Old 10-09-14, 06:22 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
I finally got confirmation today on my order adjustment from carbon to non-carbon. If things still keep getting delayed, the final contingency is a NX F-Sport for me to drive as a daily.
I would expect to see your non-carbon in December.
Old 10-10-14, 02:12 AM
Nights
Pole Position

The TVDs will be even more scarce.
Not in Australia; the Lexus dealers here have said that all RC F's sold here will have TVD standard.

It actually makes no sense buying the car without it imo.
Old 10-11-14, 12:25 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by redspencer
Their is a issue with the "carbon" material and they are trying to fix this issue. So, it doesn't
become a problem down the road after a consumer buys one with the carbon package.
Old 10-11-14, 04:37 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gemini1
Their is a issue with the "carbon" material and they are trying to fix this issue. So, it doesn't
become a problem down the road after a consumer buys one with the carbon package.
Unless there are reported problems with the LFA and its carbon components, this is most likely not true. The same factory and process are being used to build the components for the RCF carbon model.

The carbons have been slated to arrive in Feb or early March for some time now.
Old 10-11-14, 04:46 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Unless there are reported problems with the LFA and its carbon components, this is most likely not true. The same factory and process are being used to build the components for the RCF carbon model.

The carbons have been slated to arrive in Feb or early March for some time now.

There are no problems with the LFA carbon fiber. Using the same carbon as the LFA.

But, it's the material not the factory!

And, yes the carbon package is still supposed to be delivered in feb/march.

Quick Reply: Carbon postponed