RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-14, 02:42 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

From all of us that can't attend these events because we aren't invited: Thank you for posting thoughts, pictures, videos!
Old 10-24-14, 06:14 PM
drewdogg80
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine and signed up for the 7:45am slot in Houston so I can make it to work still afterwards. Haven't been as active here since giving my parents the GS350 and getting an e92 M3. Looking to get into a new vehicle next year and was considering a few options, so this will be helpful.
Old 10-24-14, 07:42 PM
opsx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drewdogg80
Just got mine and signed up for the 7:45am slot in Houston so I can make it to work still afterwards. Haven't been as active here since giving my parents the GS350 and getting an e92 M3. Looking to get into a new vehicle next year and was considering a few options, so this will be helpful.
hey , just curious, what day is the houston event taking place?
Old 10-24-14, 10:40 PM
kamiraa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
I just got my invite to the Asphault Up event at the Sam Houston Horsetrack in Houston Nov 15th. 2pm time slot
Awesome I'm at the 3pm time slot! I'm pretty excited!
Old 10-25-14, 04:46 AM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm here at PBA event

It's amazing!! I'll try to post at least different pics that already posted
Old 10-25-14, 06:07 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm taking my mom, she wants to drive the RCF lol
Old 10-25-14, 03:07 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

For the Palm Beach event...anyone have pics of the RCF that crashed?
Old 10-25-14, 04:08 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any upcoming events in southern California? I'd like that $1000 check towards a purchase .
Old 10-25-14, 04:46 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Went to the PAlm beach event today. Nothing crashed while I was there. Got there at 11 am.

First I went to the f sport cars with the cone course. Test drove the rc fsport, Ls-f, audi a5, and bmw 4. The Benz they had there was a c class, nobody drove after few people said it felt like a corrolla. lol

The Rc 350 f is actually better than i thought. Good handling, and decent power. The bmw was very similar to the rc but I liked the rc better. The audi was a$$. Didnt like at all. felt sluggish and uncoordinated.

But what really surprised me was the big body LS-f. Man was that big yacht moving round that course. the seatbelt would auto tighten to keep you planted. It took the slalom like a champ! All while riding on a cloud of supple leather. (probably be my next car)

Now on to the real speed. During the pre race speech the lexus guy said do not turn off any of the saftey features.......MEH

As soon as I jumped in the orange rc-f, I went to button pushin. Traction off, track mode on.....lets get it!
The car handles really good, I ended up driving the car for 6 laps. THe first two I had some lame grandma man driving slow screwing everything up. The lexus guy driving the lead car, told him to leave and let us in the other cars go for another spin. Got to really open up then.

I didnt like that we couldnt pass or got WOT because we were in a line, but luckily the next 4 laps I had some guys that really got on it. on the straight away we got up to about 110. I didnt even feel like the weight was an issue.

After the rcf I jumped in the M4. THey had two M$'s and they had a guy in the car with us to do a lap. From what I hear one guy would let you go past 80 in the M, luckily i didnt have that guy. I pushed the M to 120 on the straight. THe M4 handles like a monster also, but the 6cyl didnt do it for me. THe RCF pulled much harder out of the corners than the M did. Waiting on those turbos to spool up. IN fairness, I didnt get a chance to change any of the modes in the M4. I did drive in manual, But for my money based on that I get the F.

OVerall it was an excellent experience I was like a fat kid in a candy store. The rcf is awesome, but compared to my ISF with the IHE, my car pulls harder. I would have to drive the rcf harder for a real comparison, but based on today.....MY F will be in my stable as long as possible! Cant wait to see what THe rcf is like with IHE combo! THat will be a real monster!
Old 10-25-14, 05:11 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Nicely Done Allen...

Joe Z

Originally Posted by Allen K
Fantastic event in NJ today. Group was split into 2 with 1 group going to the Autocross portion (RC350, 435i, A5, C350, all F-sport sedans) and the other going to the track with the RC-F / M4

The RC-F is definitely impressive. Low end torque isn't as instantaneous as the M4, but when it gets going, it gets going. Some pics below:

Quick video. Can't pass the pace car, my hand placement is horrible and I take bad lines, sue me We also had to slow or stop a few times because the lady behind me was going really slow

Lexus RC-F Asphalt Up @ Englishton, NJ - YouTube
Old 10-25-14, 06:00 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Yup some guy during turn two crashed one of the RCFs. Just seeing if any one had footage.
Old 10-25-14, 07:09 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by amgone75
Yup some guy during turn two crashed one of the RCFs. Just seeing if any one had footage.
Damn, you know the paper I signed, like most, i dint read it. I wonder if it said, you crash it you own it? After we take your house and child. lol
Old 10-25-14, 07:39 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
damn! already. ouch.
Old 10-25-14, 09:43 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Since I preordered RC F from JM Lexus, they sent me a email invitation for the Asphalt Up event, so I flew down from Pittsburgh for the Palm Beach International Raceway Event and had a blast! I did the autocross course event first, then the M4 single lap with a event passenger, and then the RC F 2 lap follow the leader run. The USB 2.0 is a very nice and amazing color, but I have my heart set on red interior, so Obsidian Black will be my color.

The autocross course was really fun, tossed around the BMW 435i, Lexus RC 350 F-Sport AWD, Lexus RC 350 RWD, Audi S5 S line, Lexus GS 350 F-Sport, and Lexus LS F-Sport. Didn't really had a chance to drive the MB C350. The BMW 435i felt the quickest here, while the LS and GS felt like driving a boat.

For the lap event, I drove the M4 with the event passenger around the track solo, pushed the car very hard up to 139 mph on the straight away. Felt solid and nimble around the corners, but just when I step on the pedal on the straight away, the car felt like it lagged for a sec and then the turbo kicked in and the car started pulling.

For the RC F lap event, it was follow the leader, I got the RC F that was right behind the event lead car driver which was in the RC 350, I couldn't really push the RC F as hard as I wanted to due to the fact that I was always right behind on the RC 350's tail. The RC F also felt solid, but not quite as nimble around the corners, but on the straight away, it was a different story, the RC F felt faster, the power delivery and the acceleration was pretty smooth compared to the M4, I got up to about 120 MPH before I was right on the RC 350's tail. The sound in the RC F was pretty amazing, when the car downshifted, it was like music to my ears!

In the end, I felt like the comparison between the M4 and the RCF wasn't that great, due to the fact that they should've done the RC F driving with a event passenger same as the M4 so you can really compare the two side by side. Also, it would have been a lot better if they had the RC F as a lead car instead of the RC 350.

Here are some pictures and a very short video from today's Palm Beach Event:

Old 10-26-14, 09:49 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by IS350S
Since I preordered RC F from JM Lexus, they sent me a email invitation for the Asphalt Up event, so I flew down from Pittsburgh for the Palm Beach International Raceway Event and had a blast! I did the autocross course event first, then the M4 single lap with a event passenger, and then the RC F 2 lap follow the leader run. The USB 2.0 is a very nice and amazing color, but I have my heart set on red interior, so Obsidian Black will be my color.

The autocross course was really fun, tossed around the BMW 435i, Lexus RC 350 F-Sport AWD, Lexus RC 350 RWD, Audi S5 S line, Lexus GS 350 F-Sport, and Lexus LS F-Sport. Didn't really had a chance to drive the MB C350. The BMW 435i felt the quickest here, while the LS and GS felt like driving a boat.

For the lap event, I drove the M4 with the event passenger around the track solo, pushed the car very hard up to 139 mph on the straight away. Felt solid and nimble around the corners, but just when I step on the pedal on the straight away, the car felt like it lagged for a sec and then the turbo kicked in and the car started pulling.

For the RC F lap event, it was follow the leader, I got the RC F that was right behind the event lead car driver which was in the RC 350, I couldn't really push the RC F as hard as I wanted to due to the fact that I was always right behind on the RC 350's tail. The RC F also felt solid, but not quite as nimble around the corners, but on the straight away, it was a different story, the RC F felt faster, the power delivery and the acceleration was pretty smooth compared to the M4, I got up to about 120 MPH before I was right on the RC 350's tail. The sound in the RC F was pretty amazing, when the car downshifted, it was like music to my ears!

In the end, I felt like the comparison between the M4 and the RCF wasn't that great, due to the fact that they should've done the RC F driving with a event passenger same as the M4 so you can really compare the two side by side. Also, it would have been a lot better if they had the RC F as a lead car instead of the RC 350.
I really had fun pushing the LS. Yea it was like a big boat, But damn it was fun taking the corners hard while sitting on a cloud.

In the rc-f did you turn the traction off. The first time I drove I didnt. THe 2nd and 3rd times I had traction off. It really woke up then.

I agree about the V8 pulling harder than the turbo lag from the bmw. What I ddnt like was not being able to change any settings in the bmw for a better comparison.

Quick Reply: Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!!