RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-14, 07:34 AM
305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there at 2, hopefully the rear tires won't be bold
Old 10-18-14, 11:03 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 580 Likes on 399 Posts

Fantastic event in NJ today. Group was split into 2 with 1 group going to the Autocross portion (RC350, 435i, A5, C350, all F-sport sedans) and the other going to the track with the RC-F / M4

The RC-F is definitely impressive. Low end torque isn't as instantaneous as the M4, but when it gets going, it gets going. Some pics below:

Quick video. Can't pass the pace car, my hand placement is horrible and I take bad lines, sue me We also had to slow or stop a few times because the lady behind me was going really slow

Last edited by Allen K; 10-18-14 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-18-14, 11:12 AM
opsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you film that with a helmet mounted gopro?
Old 10-18-14, 11:18 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

No helmets necessary. I used Google Glass to record it. They had a no cell phone policy but let me record with Glass
Old 10-18-14, 11:32 AM
opsx
Driver School Candidate

fancy stuff!
Old 10-18-14, 12:07 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Very cool, cant wait for us Socal here
Old 10-18-14, 06:38 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I was there today as well.....will be posting pics and video soon.

Much RESPECT to Lexus for great event.
Old 10-18-14, 08:41 PM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

Great event if anyone has the chance to go they should. Drove both the M4 and the RCF today back to back in NJ they are both Amazing cars. The sound from the RCFs V8 is a plus the TVD is pretty cool. The M4 to me felt to have more space inside the cabin of the vehicle and in the back seats. The RCF felt more snug in the vehicle the back seats are really tight definitely less room then the ISF. By no means I am not a pro driver lexus did have more experienced drivers on hand I was able to hop in on the passengers side with the lexus drivers and experience some fast laps. The cornering is an improvement over the current ISF. All the talk about the weight please, the RCF deserves respect. You can't go wrong on either car its all comes down to you and your situation preference and how you want to use the car. For me everyday for a daily driver the RCF is it. Any review that's says the RCF is not on pair is a lie it can hold its own on the track. Thank you lexus for a great experience
Old 10-19-14, 06:08 PM
macbook1
Driver School Candidate

The track experience was far too brief for my liking, making it hard to decide between the RCF and M4 in regards to the driving dynamics. I was told not to go faster than 50mph on the M4, and the guy 2nd in the pack wasn't keeping up so I was basically riding the brakes the entire run.

The RCF felt like a more modern E92 M3 with a much better motor (almost If BMW were to continue the E92 generation with an additional profiteering package e.g. BMW M3 competition package black series track edition ---ha!) and interior.

Seats were supportive, and looked as sexy as it does in pictures, not sure how it will be for those driving this as a daily. I can imagine they will be too aggressive day in and day out. The gauges were out of this world, as if Nissan GTR engineers meets with Lexus to create a modern technical environment, very nice.

The car handled very well for being 4000lbs. The sharp sweeping turns, it was predictable and dampening didn’t feel too aggressive. The car gripped like crazy and in general feels very solid and well built. The brakes are probably the best thing I’ve ever felt.

Lexus has caught my eye on this one but with the competitors going forced induction AND cutting weight AND going for fuel effiency it almost feels unprogressive? Lexus engineers just basically said “F that! We’re rolling the dice, its too late to go back to the drawing board, we will take a chance that it will sell”

I will say the Audi RS5 guys are ****ting in their pants and sucking on their thumbs when a vicious RCF is seen darting around in their mirror. The M guys will continue to smirk until that wastegate is blown or that nasty rattle is overbearing or when they receive that recall letter in the mail.

For now, I’ll wait until the C63 AMG S comes.
Old 10-19-14, 11:11 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

This picture just looks like an FR-S with a body kit... still a nice looking car!

Old 10-20-14, 02:00 AM
snaKe
Driver

Very nice pictures Allen!

I noticed that only the standard headlamp equipped models feature a headlamp washer, right under the Nike swoosh DRL. The 'Triple-L-Style' headlamp obviously doesn't need to be cleaned!?

Any more info on this?
Old 10-20-14, 04:13 AM
NYCIS350
Driver

Thats awesome i was in the Silver Rc-f in front of you...they didnt let us drag strip the cars as promised on the event details.....BOOO

Originally Posted by Allen K
Fantastic event in NJ today. Group was split into 2 with 1 group going to the Autocross portion (RC350, 435i, A5, C350, all F-sport sedans) and the other going to the track with the RC-F / M4

The RC-F is definitely impressive. Low end torque isn't as instantaneous as the M4, but when it gets going, it gets going. Some pics below:

Quick video. Can't pass the pace car, my hand placement is horrible and I take bad lines, sue me We also had to slow or stop a few times because the lady behind me was going really slow

Lexus RC-F Asphalt Up @ Englishton, NJ - YouTube
Old 10-20-14, 05:24 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Originally Posted by snaKe
Very nice pictures Allen!

I noticed that only the standard headlamp equipped models feature a headlamp washer, right under the Nike swoosh DRL. The 'Triple-L-Style' headlamp obviously doesn't need to be cleaned!?

Any more info on this?
No idea, I didn't even notice it but it looks like they do take off the washers. Kind of weird cherry picking they're doing

Old 10-20-14, 08:18 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

headlight washer is part of cold weather package, not related to premium L headlights
Old 10-24-14, 02:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I just got my invite to the Asphault Up event at the Sam Houston Horsetrack in Houston Nov 15th. 2pm time slot

Quick Reply: Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!!