RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone else rethinking their order?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-14, 05:18 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi RS5 is a outdated car in every way, Audi A5 came in 2007. Thats 8 (!) years ago and RS came 2010.

If Lexus RC-F has a hard time beating that dinasour, we do have a serious situation.

Mercedes has introduced the new v8 turbo , who cares about C63 507 anymore ? That car will be history soon. Probably RS5 too.
Old 09-28-14, 07:21 PM
begone
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISF001
Begone,

You are drawing conclusions based on what? Journalists driving results with detuned prototype coupes or what?

No one will know what the numbers are until the RCF carbon TVD hits the roads in February. Until then, this is all hyperbole.

As for the M4, BMW will be significantly challenged to deliver a car with the sophistication and versatility of the RCF. If I were BMW, I would be concerned. The buyer for the RCF will not seriously consider the M4 based on reliability, luxury, engine technology and sound, and overall performance.
Wait a minute here, are you seriously going to tell me lexus rolled out this vehicle - press (all the top reviewers in the biz) , drivers, track, hoopla and all - with a DETUNED RC F??!!! Come on man, seriously?

And the rcf is going to attract the same cross-shoppers as those that cross - shopped back in 2008 with the isf. Everyone will shop this car with the m4, c63, and rs5. And just like the isf, it sold and won drivers over with its offerings.

But for buyers who are not brand loyal, will only own new and "in warranty" vehicles, and are most concerned with performance and owning the baddest of the bunch, I'm afraid the RCF will be bottom of the rung for most. And that doesn't make me happy at all.
Old 09-28-14, 07:41 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
Audi RS5 is a outdated car in every way, Audi A5 came in 2007. Thats 8 (!) years ago and RS came 2010.

If Lexus RC-F has a hard time beating that dinasour, we do have a serious situation.

Mercedes has introduced the new v8 turbo , who cares about C63 507 anymore ? That car will be history soon. Probably RS5 too.
Exactly, the RS and the AMG are older models the RC-F should outperform. But if not, then Houston we are in trouble. I am eagerly awaiting for a REAL comparison test using production models. If ISF001 is correct, the production model should better than these two. If not, I dunno what to say anymore..
Old 09-29-14, 01:25 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres reviewers saying its as good or better than the M4 already! Thats driving the pre production units. People, just be patient. Its not a rocket, but it should be very driver friendly, accessable and have high limits for the more skilled drivers. Thats its intention.
Old 09-29-14, 04:41 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Theres reviewers saying its as good or better than the M4 already! Thats driving the pre production units. People, just be patient. Its not a rocket, but it should be very driver friendly, accessable and have high limits for the more skilled drivers. Thats its intention.
Yes, there will be cars that are faster on the low end. Midstream and top end should be outstanding. The M4 and RCF are on opposite ends of the spectrum--it's just the way it is.

It's more than enough power and speed for me. What I ultimately am buying is the beauty of this beast and its promise of reliability and overall performance.

At this point...I too do not know what more can be said until we get full-fledged production vehicles. It's going to be a while.
Old 09-29-14, 06:51 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Yes, there will be cars that are faster on the low end. Midstream and top end should be outstanding. The M4 and RCF are on opposite ends of the spectrum--it's just the way it is.

It's more than enough power and speed for me. What I ultimately am buying is the beauty of this beast and its promise of reliability and overall performance.

At this point...I too do not know what more can be said until we get full-fledged production vehicles. It's going to be a while.
Besides Lexus cars are very adaptable to mods if you like to mod I/h/e you will net 50hp
From Isf experience that's 400whp with those 3 mods
Old 09-29-14, 07:16 PM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not that I had an order in, but I did just see that GS F prototype and that's all I needed to make me wait for it.
Old 09-29-14, 11:13 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
Not that I had an order in, but I did just see that GS F prototype and that's all I needed to make me wait for it.
I do have an order in and so far I am sticking to it. I have been driving GS's for more than 15 years and I am jumping ship for this bad boy!
Old 09-30-14, 05:05 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Raptor.1
I do have an order in and so far I am sticking to it. I have been driving GS's for more than 15 years and I am jumping ship for this bad boy!
I had a GS 350. It was a great car, but the Fs are another breed. The GSF is coming, but it is larger than I would prefer--I have no need for the back seat.
Old 10-14-14, 10:47 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

well
according to sources the RCF has much better tranny response
and feels like a IHE equipped ISF straight out of the box
imagine IHE on a RCF
now the damn car is getting tempted again
only if i can get over the weight problem
Old 10-15-14, 07:36 AM
XpediencY
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I want one as well... but not the first year model. They said they will improve the car every year, so I want to see what kind of changes they put into the second year to have a better idea of what they mean. I'll probably get one in 4 years though unless the SCF(LFLC) or LSF is coming in at a reasonable price...
Old 10-18-14, 07:35 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XpediencY
I want one as well... but not the first year model. They said they will improve the car every year, so I want to see what kind of changes they put into the second year to have a better idea of what they mean. I'll probably get one in 4 years though unless the SCF(LFLC) or LSF is coming in at a reasonable price...
Great point. My 12 Isf is better in almost every way than my 08 was.
Old 10-18-14, 08:29 PM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

Drove both the M4 and the RCF today back to back in NJ they are both Amazing cars. The sound from the RCFs V8 is a plus the TVD is pretty cool. The M4 to me felt to have more space inside the cabin of the vehicle and in the back seats. The RCF felt more snug in the vehicle the back seats are really tight definitely less room then the ISF. By no means I am not a pro driver lexus did have more experienced drivers on hand I was able to hop in on the passengers side with the lexus drivers and experience some fast laps. The cornering is an improvement over the current ISF. All the talk about the weight please, the RCF deserves respect. You can't go wrong on either car its all comes down to you and your situation preference and how you want to use the car. For me everyday for a daily driver the RCF is it. Any review that's says the RCF is not on pair is a lie it can hold its own on the track. Thank you lexus for a great experience
Old 10-19-14, 11:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

with the news that TVD is seperate from the carbon parts that lowers the price of the build I would make. Maybe in a year or two.

in the meantime:

Old 10-19-14, 04:05 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
with the news that TVD is seperate from the carbon parts that lowers the price of the build I would make. Maybe in a year or two.

in the meantime:

Lexus RCF exhaust sound revcut - YouTube

2015 Lexus RCF - HD Startup and Exhaust Note - YouTube
I saw the flame coming out of the afterburner on the black RCF.

Feb/March won't come soon enough.

Quick Reply: Anyone else rethinking their order?