RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone else rethinking their order?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-14, 06:56 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget the wild card here....the new 2015 Mustang 5.0 with the Performance pack and there saying the 2.3L Ecoboost with the track pack is going to be hard to beat for the money.

The 2.3L Ecoboost is getting some realtuners on board as of late Mishimoto and Cobb have committed to making software tunes (Accessport) and intercoolers, CAI, Downpipes, exhaust.
Old 09-10-14, 08:25 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone looking for a tubocharged four cylinder Ford is a little different than the person looking for a V8 Lexus.

Is this a valid argument on the internet? Maybe.

Is this going to be relevant to more than 3% of buyers? No.
Old 09-10-14, 08:29 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
The new IS350 F-Sport is down 100hp from the ISF yet runs a faster lap? That right there is objective proof how much Lexus chassis engineering has improved by leaps and bounds.
Note that he said the 2008 ISF--there were lots of changes by 2012--most notably suspension and the rear. The 2012 (believe this was the year) matched the M3 with identical track time and beat the C 63 AMG.

IS 350 F-Sport
5.6 SECS
0-60 MPH ACCELERATION*
TOP TRACK SPEED-143

I have to believe the 2012-14 ISFs will still eat the IS350 F-Sport for lunch. Even though I am hopping into the RCF cockpit in late November, I guess I just can't give up my loyalty to this awesome ISF.

Last edited by ISF001; 09-10-14 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-10-14, 08:48 AM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm just wondering how much more hp and torque, can you get from a after market exhaust (joeZ) or intake, still a lot of question's to be answered.

Last edited by Ninja10r; 09-10-14 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-10-14, 09:08 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Someone looking for a tubocharged four cylinder Ford is a little different than the person looking for a V8 Lexus.

Is this a valid argument on the internet? Maybe.

Is this going to be relevant to more than 3% of buyers? No.
With that said, I guess people that will be cross shopping the V8's will consider the 5.0 Mustang, but then again it appears that most are comparing the RC-F to the new M3, which is a TT I-6...just sayin
Old 09-10-14, 09:23 AM
abedrcf
Driver School Candidate

the RC-F doesn't need anymore horsepower, it needs torque and lightness, lexus is making the same mistake again and again, it was first with the isx50, then IS-F and now RC-F, why cant they do it the right way like the GS350, if the GS-F turns out to be heavier than the germans then lexus is dead in the performance and handling sections......sadlyyyyy.....
Old 09-10-14, 09:45 AM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abedrcf
the RC-F doesn't need anymore horsepower, it needs torque and lightness, lexus is making the same mistake again and again, it was first with the isx50, then IS-F and now RC-F, why cant they do it the right way like the GS350, if the GS-F turns out to be heavier than the germans then lexus is dead in the performance and handling sections......sadlyyyyy.....
base on the fact that both of my IS F's never had any issues when it comes to repairs or poor service
and the is 350 f out performed lighter cars in its class, its still a waiting game, until i see a back to back same day,same track, comparison..........but that's just me
Old 09-10-14, 10:16 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

I can ASSURE you that Lexus knows what they are doing with this halo car.

The more I study the details in the press release and closely watch valid drivers in the car, the more I am convinced this is a true breakthrough vehicle. Stop watching the "first drive" stuff and look at the car running Nurburgring. These Lexus drivers know the car as will most of the buyers in time.

This car will perform on both the Road & Track, and that's why it was picked as a Top 10 by R&T for 2015.

Yaguchi is an automotive genius. Folks like me who bought this car are looking for exactly what the RCF offers. And yes, the GSF will be heavier than the M5. Lexus is not worried about this underdog, cookie-cutter manufacturer who spits out problematic cars and has more model designations than letters in the alphabet.

Some who recently bought the BMW I8 for $140,000+ has had the car in the German manufacturers surgical center for $30,000 in repairs, its brand new, and it still won't run properly.

Last edited by ISF001; 09-10-14 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-10-14, 11:08 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Exactly, BMW had to focus on the weight of the car, because all the rest is so so bad, from steering to engine and so on. The RC F is not heavy by "accident", its weight was taken into consideration since the beginning, knowing they have limited resources for making anything lighter, and thus all the rest had been developed to the very best. Think of GT-R, on paper it looks under performing, in reality it crushes supercars for half the price. Think of the GT86, on paper it looks boring, in reality it is the most fun car to drive.
Old 09-10-14, 11:09 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I can ASSURE you that Lexus knows what they are doing with this halo car.

The more I study the details in the press release and closely watch valid drivers in the car, the more I am convinced this is a true breakthrough vehicle. Stop watching the "first drive" stuff and look at the car running Nurburgring. These Lexus drivers know the car as will most of the buyers in time.

This car will perform on both the Road & Track, and that's why it was picked as a Top 10 by R&T for 2015.

Yaguchi is an automotive genius. Folks like me who bought this car are looking for exactly what the RCF offers. And yes, the GSF will be heavier than the M5. Lexus is not worried about this underdog, cookie-cutter manufacturer who spits out problematic cars and has more model designations than letters in the alphabet.

Some who recently bought the BMW I8 for $140,000+ has had the car in the German manufacturers surgical center for $30,000 in repairs, its brand new, and it still won't run properly.
You think so?
The GS 350 weighs 3800 and the M5 weighs 4400. Adding 600 lbs would be a hell of an accomplishment, lol.
Old 09-10-14, 11:09 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Not sure the GSF will be heavier than the M5 since the GS is lighter than the 535/550.
Old 09-10-14, 11:10 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISF001

And yes, the GSF will be heavier than the M5.
GS 350 weighs 3,800lbs. M5 weighs 4,400. If Lexus can find a way to hyperinflate the weight of the GS by six hundred pounds, I will not only be highly disgusted, but also incredibly impressed.

I assume it's going to weigh somewhere around the 4K lb mark, like RC F.
Old 09-10-14, 11:14 AM
LarryXpack
Driver School Candidate

Cool Rc-f

It is a little heavy, but the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger is 4,000 pds and heavier. So, the main thing is going to be 1/4mile test in the low 12's and the G's test around .95 and higher, will be the determing factor for me. The car can only as go as fast as the ability of the driver. So, I want the RC-F to be close to the BMW/M4,MB/C63 and Audi RS5,
I just saying.
Old 09-10-14, 11:17 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
GS 350 weighs 3,800lbs. M5 weighs 4,400. If Lexus can find a way to hyperinflate the weight of the GS by six hundred pounds, I will not only be highly disgusted, but also incredibly impressed.

I assume it's going to weigh somewhere around the 4K lb mark, like RC F.
Ha, stop looking over my shoulder as I type
Old 09-10-14, 12:09 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Agreed!!!! You can have all that HP but no torque to push it around is useless!!!! As we all know weight kills the handling. A heavy car going into a corner is excess momentum and more braking to bring it under control. The torque is needed to bring you out of that corner quickly to get the jump on the competition!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone else rethinking their order?