RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs M4

Old 09-09-14, 04:24 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Brakes overheating, sloppy handling...what are you listening to...do you REALLY believe Yaguchi would launch a car with these characteristics?

Come on.... The one reviewer who drove the RCF, M4, C63 and RS5 placed the RCF on the TOP of the heap and stated the brakes DID NOT FADE after an all day run on the track.

Who is concocting this rubbish?
Yes, this sounds very strange to me too. On the other hand there is a really huge difference between driving fast/be a "fast" driver or to slap the car around like a experienced race car driver . I guess that Steve Sutcliffe is the guy who drive this kind of cars way harder than the average journalist, its pretty obvious in the videos too. The good thing is that the average RC-F owner wont´t drive his car like this. He or she will never notice this kind of problems anyway.
Old 09-09-14, 04:35 AM
yishin
Driver

Well
I may get hates by saying these but as i like to i always try to mod my cars
In my book m3 m4 wins over rcf
Gas consumtion ? Hmm when we market for this high power high dollar cars why do we even talking about a gas? Or insurance -_- , i am pretty sure when u max out the rcf with future mod such as isf mods intake exhaust header
Its gonna be the same game while m3 will have much more mods that later m3 may considerable fast as stock m5 or m6, i saw this new m on highway and when they go i can tell that cars are well built oem
Old 09-09-14, 05:16 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by flightz71
This guy is an idiot. Really? 1st place off of reliability and sound?

All his statements were like that of a salesman... superficial and full of ****. How did he get his job?
so these arent worthwhile characteristics to consider. Tons of people give praise for Lexus sticking with an NA V8 instead of going sterile sounding turbo like everyone else. If you watch the video again he says the cars perform very similar to each other.
Old 09-09-14, 06:41 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
Yes, this sounds very strange to me too. On the other hand there is a really huge difference between driving fast/be a "fast" driver or to slap the car around like a experienced race car driver . I guess that Steve Sutcliffe is the guy who drive this kind of cars way harder than the average journalist, its pretty obvious in the videos too. The good thing is that the average RC-F owner wont´t drive his car like this. He or she will never notice this kind of problems anyway.
That's why he said it drives so much better on the normal road. Not every one is a race driver.
Old 09-09-14, 07:25 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
That's why he said it drives so much better on the normal road. Not every one is a race driver.
Yes, but I guess that he wanted to point out the doutbtful claims about being as good on the track as on the road. And as I earlier said, very few RC-F owners will drive it like him on the track. Those people that almost lives at Nürburgring or other tracks will modify it anyway, no matter if it is a RC-F , M3/4 ,Porsche, Corvette or what ever.
Old 09-09-14, 08:20 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yishin
Well
I may get hates by saying these but as i like to i always try to mod my cars
In my book m3 m4 wins over rcf
Gas consumtion ? Hmm when we market for this high power high dollar cars why do we even talking about a gas? Or insurance -_- , i am pretty sure when u max out the rcf with future mod such as isf mods intake exhaust header
Its gonna be the same game while m3 will have much more mods that later m3 may considerable fast as stock m5 or m6, i saw this new m on highway and when they go i can tell that cars are well built oem
x2 and this comes from a Lexus Lover and 2x ISF owner. Many have the opinion that it doesn't really matter that the M4 is faster, but i cant seem to agree when I consider the fact that the RCF is a coupe. If would be different if the car was a 4 door, but 2 door = speed IMO. Personally, I would never DD a coupe that wasn't a speed focused car. Until the next ISF comes out, I think the new m3 is going to be the best car for the money within the price range.
Old 09-09-14, 08:39 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Coupe in this particular case is nothing more than 2 doors less. Sedan actually has an advantage when it comes to chassis rigidity due to the B-pillar.

If you look at the BMW M4/M3 example (previously, the E90 M3 and E92 M3), they pretty much perform identically despite BMW's claim that the coupe is quicker, but in real world sometimes the sedan does better than the coupe (Best Motoring put head to head E90 and E92 M3 around the track with the same driver and the E90 was quicker with Tsuchiya driving both).

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
x2 and this comes from a Lexus Lover and 2x ISF owner. Many have the opinion that it doesn't really matter that the M4 is faster, but i cant seem to agree when I consider the fact that the RCF is a coupe. If would be different if the car was a 4 door, but 2 door = speed IMO. Personally, I would never DD a coupe that wasn't a speed focused car. Until the next ISF comes out, I think the new m3 is going to be the best car for the money within the price range.
Old 09-09-14, 04:28 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that the English chap with the helmet who was trying to lose control of the new beast...without success? Who the heck does a track test like that? He did not even try out the car sufficiently in the S+ and expert modes. I have seen him drive British cars seriously. Honestly mate, he was scared and ambivalent, despite the smiles he tried to suppress.

IT WAS UNEQUIVOCALLY A BIASED DRIVE FROM THE START. WE LOVES BRITISH AND GERMAN CARS. THE REVIEW WAS A JOKE AND POORLY SORTED.
Old 09-09-14, 05:16 PM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good little comparison here:

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2015-...-horses-bmw-m4

Nothing new, just another opinion.
Old 09-10-14, 10:24 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Everyone has their opinions and their are fanboys for M4 and also for RC-F.

But at the end of the day Lexus failed to make the RC-F the benchmark in this class of cars.
Its got some great attributes and some not too great but it fails to make itself the BEST at something.

Its not the fastest, or the lightest, or the cheapest, etc.

Lexus is an outsider in this segment and it really needed to bring the thunder to earn respect, and IMO while the RC-F is a nice car overall - it fails to give Lexus an undisputed HALO performance car that it badly needs which everyone automatically respects a la GTR, NSX, Supra, LFA. It doesnt feel as special as those cars.
Old 09-10-14, 11:01 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

How does the M4 feel special? Overpriced 3 Series Coupé, given the number 4 to inflate price even more, with some in-house tuning, and that is it. What makes the M4 the benchmark this time? Absolutely nothing. The ATS-V will be faster around track, the C AMG on straight line and the RS5 will just overall be better than the M4. At least the Lexus will be the best sound, most reliable and solid car, also more exclusive.
Old 09-10-14, 11:49 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

^
Nobody said M4 is special.
But the //M brand commands automatic Respect anywhere in the world.
Look at the group European Delivery events that BMW does. Customers eat it up.
Whether you agree or not //M is an established brand recognized worldwide.

Lexus is not even close to that point and it will take time and several generations of cars to develop that following.
But to carve that niche it has to bring something to the marketplace which is superior to the rest of the market.
Old 09-10-14, 06:45 PM
carss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Levi68
How does the M4 feel special? Overpriced 3 Series Coupé, given the number 4 to inflate price even more, with some in-house tuning, and that is it. What makes the M4 the benchmark this time? Absolutely nothing. The ATS-V will be faster around track, the C AMG on straight line and the RS5 will just overall be better than the M4. At least the Lexus will be the best sound, most reliable and solid car, also more exclusive.
I am assuming you have driven an M4 extensively?
Old 09-10-14, 06:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
GTR, NSX, Supra, LFA. It doesnt feel as special as those cars.
LOL, why would an RC-F feel as special as one of those cars?

And not to beat a dead horse, but how do you have any idea how special it feels or doesnt feel when you havent seen one let alone sat in or driven one?
Old 09-10-14, 07:05 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bond,

You're making the false assumption that there are "problems."

I would describes Sutcliffe as one who is not a Lexus enthusiast under any terms. I see NO "problems," and I interpret his convulsive driving as, well, insane and intentionally uncontrolled. That's not a test drive. That's disabling EVERYTHING Yaguchi built into the car to AVOID such an outcome.

I have watched more and more of the videos, and the majority are praising the braking power of the new RCF. So I will agree with you--no one will notice any kind of problem based on his cursory first drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RC F vs M4