RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs M4

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-14, 12:30 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Sucks that the M4 is going to be so much faster though. Lexus really slipped up with the motor...
theres always something bigger in the car world just like the ocean. Cant get worked up about whats faster because youll just drive yourself nuts. If you want one of the fastest things at this price point get a Z06
Old 09-07-14, 12:43 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The engine is perfect. Much more responsive and sonorous than the boring, bland and awful sounding twin turbo 6 in the M4, which has been criticized for lack of character. When the hardcore bimmer fans call it "lawnmower", you know there is an issue with it.

RC-F makes big horsepower and revs up to 7300 rpm. The only issue that is being talked about is the 400 lbs extra weight.
It's not the weight per se, GTRs, 507s, etc are heavy too. But the byproduct mentioned in reviews about brakes overheating, and sloppy handling, despite not having adaptive suspension(inferior from performance standpoint, eg. R8 normal vs Plus).
Old 09-07-14, 12:56 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
theres always something bigger in the car world just like the ocean. Cant get worked up about whats faster because youll just drive yourself nuts. If you want one of the fastest things at this price point get a Z06
Its a luxury coupe that has an uphill battle. Im not worried about being the fastest, but it does suck that the M4 is more enthusiast friendly.
Old 09-07-14, 01:03 PM
TheBatman
Driver

I agree. I think Lexus is going for a more holistic vehicle. Performance, luxury, and reliability. Its never going to be #1 in either category but the overall case it presents is what makes it the best choice.

I read that the RC-F engineers didn't resort to cylinder deactivation b/c of the wear and tear issues around 100K miles. You will never ever find that line of reasoning over at BMW. The Lexus is all about the big picture.
Old 09-07-14, 01:17 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

RCF isnt the fastest but it has the best combination of things I want in a car. I still like the RCF. I really like the Z06 too but too hardcore for a car to maybe DD

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Its a luxury coupe that has an uphill battle. Im not worried about being the fastest, but it does suck that the M4 is more enthusiast friendly.
C7 and Z06 is even more enthusiast friendly and way faster
Old 09-07-14, 02:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Furge
I meant in actual use. Lexus achieves the EPA numbers running in the Prius-like Atkinson cycle -
But is the RC F really better on the Street as a DD? Suspension seems to be more harsh than the M
Where do you get this stuff?!?
Old 09-07-14, 03:03 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RCF isnt the fastest but it has the best combination of things I want in a car. I still like the RCF. I really like the Z06 too but too hardcore for a car to maybe DD

C7 and Z06 is even more enthusiast friendly and way faster
Not cross shopping with a Vette. If I wanted a Vette or a 'Stang, I'd get one. But, for me, they are not my style or the type of car I want. Both the Vette and Stang are awesome accomplishments at their price points, many kudos to America. But, the Stang interior is not going to give me the experience I want when I'm not hauling azz. And the Vette's exterior is simply not my cup of tea, and I spend a LOT of time looking at my car. LOL Yes, when it comes to what I drive, I'm shallow.
Old 09-07-14, 09:35 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS

Originally Posted by Furge
I meant in actual use. Lexus achieves the EPA numbers running in the Prius-like Atkinson cycle -
But is the RC F really better on the Street as a DD? Suspension seems to be more harsh than the M
Where do you get this stuff?!?
I know right?? At first I thought Furge was a genuine poster who as he claimed : " an ex Toyota employee" who was giving genuine feedback and expressing his sincere disappointment but currently his critiques border on the ludicrous and he seems to be making up claims out of thin air.
Old 09-08-14, 04:36 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the motor. It's a technological masterpiece.
The 2UR-GSE is actually a work of art.
Old 09-08-14, 07:43 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Until I see a track test with a production car, these 'reviews' are really just 'what I think from a couple hours driving'. Nothing like a full test.
Old 09-08-14, 07:49 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree... The M4 is only a couple of tenths faster on the low end--the RCF eats it for lunch on the top end.

Rather than arguing the merits, think awesome road car and quite track worthy car when you think RCF.

M4--I honestly don't know how to categorize it.
Old 09-08-14, 07:55 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eoph
It's not the weight per se, GTRs, 507s, etc are heavy too. But the byproduct mentioned in reviews about brakes overheating, and sloppy handling, despite not having adaptive suspension(inferior from performance standpoint, eg. R8 normal vs Plus).
Brakes overheating, sloppy handling...what are you listening to...do you REALLY believe Yaguchi would launch a car with these characteristics?

Come on.... The one reviewer who drove the RCF, M4, C63 and RS5 placed the RCF on the TOP of the heap and stated the brakes DID NOT FADE after an all day run on the track.

Who is concocting this rubbish?
Old 09-08-14, 07:59 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yowps3
The 2UR-GSE is actually a work of art.
Refreshing comments...eyes wide opened.
Old 09-09-14, 12:47 AM
flightz71
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by natnut
According to this review, RC-F > M4 > C63 AMG > RS5 :

http://youtu.be/TUn9teZTXWQ
This guy is an idiot. Really? 1st place off of reliability and sound?

All his statements were like that of a salesman... superficial and full of ****. How did he get his job?
Old 09-09-14, 12:55 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by flightz71
This guy is an idiot. Really? 1st place off of reliability and sound?

All his statements were like that of a salesman... superficial and full of ****. How did he get his job?
Watch again. He made his assessment and ranking after having test driven PERSONALLY all the cars in the list. Ron Doron the reviewer basically said all the cars were superb drives and very close to each other in terms of driving appeal but then made the final judgement call based on the distinguishing features of each brand.

Not superficial at all IMHO.

Quick Reply: RC F vs M4