RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F automotive reviews thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 05:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

M4 had more wheelspin off the line, but a win is a win. RC-F won it fair and square. Chalk one up for the RC-F.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-14-15 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-15-15, 09:39 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M4 smoked the tires half way down the track and was gaining on the RCF like it was stuck in quicksand. Just shows how porky the RCF is.
Old 03-15-15, 09:47 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISF001
The RC F is an street legal "race car"
Old 03-15-15, 10:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GTSLEX
The M4 smoked the tires half way down the track and was gaining on the RCF like it was stuck in quicksand. Just shows how porky the RCF is.
The video illustrates how RC-F puts down its power more efficiently off the line because of its linear and progressive torque curve. Every positive for the RC-F is somehow turned into a negative. That is like saying, a Nissan GTR's ability to put down power more efficiently off the line is a bad thing compared to say, a Corvette Z06 that would spin for the first 60 foot and be left behind.

It is just ridiculous beyond belief.

p.s. "Half a track" is a gross exaggeration. If it spun for half a track, it would have lost by bus length because it would not be covering distance while being busy spinning. It spun for no more than 60 - 100 feet before it got traction. Even when it was reeling it in, it was not reeling in that quickly to the point, it could catch it by the end. It was still a good 1.5 - 2 car lengths behind.

The RC-F won it fair and square. Give it some credit rather than making excuses.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-15-15 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-15-15, 10:59 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSLEX
Actually, the RC F driver was backing off the throttle when he saw that the M4 was too far behind.
Old 03-16-15, 05:02 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The video illustrates how RC-F puts down its power more efficiently off the line because of its linear and progressive torque curve. Every positive for the RC-F is somehow turned into a negative. That is like saying, a Nissan GTR's ability to put down power more efficiently off the line is a bad thing compared to say, a Corvette Z06 that would spin for the first 60 foot and be left behind.

It is just ridiculous beyond belief.

p.s. "Half a track" is a gross exaggeration. If it spun for half a track, it would have lost by bus length because it would not be covering distance while being busy spinning. It spun for no more than 60 - 100 feet before it got traction. Even when it was reeling it in, it was not reeling in that quickly to the point, it could catch it by the end. It was still a good 1.5 - 2 car lengths behind.

The RC-F won it fair and square. Give it some credit rather than making excuses.
RC-F won here, no doubt about that.

- RCF not spinning has nothing to do with its linear powerband. If you load the car wrongly and floor it from a dead stop the car will light up the tires just like the M4 did. Even a stock FRS will spin like a drag car if not launched correctly.

-M4 was spinning for a lot more than 100ft. From what I saw, the M4 spun from 0:15 to 0:22 where you can hear the RPM dip as the car hits full load from gaining traction.

RCF was a tad bit more than 3 cars ahead at this point. Shows how close the M4 is to the edge of winning and losing by a large margin.

Once the M4 got traction it was pulled back pretty strong. Really impressive for a car to take back close to 2 cars, but spinning isnt winning

Old 03-16-15, 07:21 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^

They were using an M-DCT M4. Not a manual transmission. There is no correct way or wrong way in M-DCT to launch it. There is only one way it could be launched, which is using launch control. However, launch control determines best way to control traction, is completely beyond the driver's discretion.
Old 03-16-15, 08:03 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

^^^^

They were using an M-DCT M4. Not a manual transmission. There is no correct way or wrong way in M-DCT to launch it. There is only one way it could be launched, which is using launch control. However, launch control determines best way to control traction, is completely beyond the driver's discretion.
Lmao please tell me your not serious
Old 03-16-15, 08:26 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Lmao please tell me your not serious
Yes, it is a 100% fact. It was an M-DCT and whatever available M-DCT launch method was allowed, was used. Maybe, the laughable thing are all of the excuses for the M4.

Do you see where I am going with that? When the RC-F does well, it is all about the external circumstances for the M4 (it is the surface, it is the launch, it is the rear suspension, it is the driver and the list goes on) and when the M4 wins something, it is always because the RC-F is a fat pig that cannot dig its way out of the hole.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-16-15 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-16-15, 08:50 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes, it is a 100% fact. It was an M-DCT and whatever available M-DCT launch method was allowed, was used. Maybe, the laughable thing are all of the excuses for the M4.

Do you see where I am going with that? When the RC-F does well, it is all about the external circumstances for the M4 (it is the surface, it is the launch, it is the rear suspension, it is the driver and the list goes on) and when the M4 wins something, it is always because the RC-F is a fat pig that cannot dig its way out of the hole.
Read below in the comments section. M4 driver made a comment saying that he did not know how to engage the launch control.

"Yup, with everything off it's tough to get the power down in the M4. There is apparently a launch control mode but I couldn't find it and Dale, because he was in the Lexus, wouldn't tell me how to make it work! Once it hooked up you can see how it reeled the Lexus in and in a best of three the one run where the BMW got off the line cleanly it murdered the Lexus. But two out of three the Lexus had it.

Very much up to the driver/technique though. And it was me in the BMW. And I wasn't very good!

Cheers,

Dan"
Old 03-16-15, 09:57 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Read below in the comments section. M4 driver made a comment saying that he did not know how to engage the launch control.

"Yup, with everything off it's tough to get the power down in the M4. There is apparently a launch control mode but I couldn't find it and Dale, because he was in the Lexus, wouldn't tell me how to make it work! Once it hooked up you can see how it reeled the Lexus in and in a best of three the one run where the BMW got off the line cleanly it murdered the Lexus. But two out of three the Lexus had it.

Very much up to the driver/technique though. And it was me in the BMW. And I wasn't very good!

Cheers,

Dan"
It would LITERALLY have to be the worst launch control in the history of cars to let that much wheel spin happen. Hahahaha
Old 03-16-15, 11:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
It would LITERALLY have to be the worst launch control in the history of cars to let that much wheel spin happen. Hahahaha
it is bmw, it must be bad
Old 03-16-15, 12:05 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Moderator edit - Ryan, you were asked to exit this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post8949377

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-16-15 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 06:23 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
It's either that or a not-so-sharp tester in both departments at the wheel. Drag races between these two cars should be always in favor of the M4, at least on paper.
Old 03-17-15, 08:33 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The Lexus RC F is taking the fight to the mighty BMW M4. How does it fare on the track?
M4 wins.

Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread