0-160 kph:....9,2 s..........9,9 s.........8,4 s
0-200 kph:...13,9 s.........15,1 s.......13,0 s
Laptime Hockenheim GP (4,6 km):.....1.59,8.....2.02,4.....1.56,9
Slalom 18m:.....70,9 kph.....69,3 kph.....72,0 kph
Braking 100-0(cold/warm):.....35,6/33,4.....33,4/32,7.....33,7/31,8
Fuel Consumption:.....11,2 l.....13,3 l.....12,4 l
Price:.....72500€.....74900€.....117549€
Rating:
Body: M4-577 points (more space and a good safety equipment)
.........RC F-526 points (bad functionality)
.........GTS-492 points (very few space in the rear and a small trunk, lack of safety equipment)
Comfort: M4-673 points (comfortable ride)
............RC F-650 points (good seats, but a bad ride)
............GTS-624 points (very loud, better ride than RC F)
Drivetrain: GTS-656 points (highest topspeed and best acceleration)
...............M4-652 points (quite efficient and best gearbox)
..............RC F-596 points (not very efficient)
Driving Dynamics: GTS-835 points (best brakes and handling)
.........................M4-769 points (good handling but poor cold braking)
........................RC F-759 points (good brakes but worse handling and steering than the others)
Costs: M4-228 points (not much to say, just look at the prices)
.........RC F-214 points
.........GTS-185 points
Verdict:
1st place: BMW M4 Coupé (2899 points)
2nd place: Porsche 911 Carrera GTS (2792 points)
3rd place: Lexus RC F (2745 points)
"The new Porsche Carrera GTS has reached its aim: It wins the Drivetrain-chapter and sets a new bar in handling. But nevertheless it is only placed 2nd. The GTS is simply too expensive and not very spacy-it also has a poor safety equipment. The BMW M4 is a deserved winner. It is good both in everyday driving and on the racetrack-and it has a fair price. The Lexus RC F is the third winner. It does everything right, but nothing better than Porsche and BMW. It lacks a good finishing and it is too heavy."
Old 02-27-15, 11:19 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the dude who said the M4 wins bus lengths on the RCF

Old 02-28-15, 12:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Supra and RC-F playing around

Near the end, the Supra driver really comes flying and tries hard to pass the RC-F, but ends up getting dusted by the RC-F.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-28-15 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-28-15, 01:11 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
5/10ths = bus lengths?

OMG. This is getting just ridiculous at how the RC-F gets trashed. I know RC-F has it flaws, but by the same token I don't own the car, but I feel for the owners on this forum and the unfair flack and disrespect this gets by Lexus owners (no offense, but particularly IS-F owners and it is a very consistent pattern).

That is 5 car lengths at best according to my calculations in the 112 - 117 mph trap speed range.
TBH I had zero desire of re-joining this thread, but I will not tolerate someone who consistently lacks reading comprehension to twist my words and call me out. Last I checked, 5 car lengths (Your calculations huh?) is approximately a bus length (Being generous), and that's exactly what I said. Please read again:

Originally Posted by primecut
Most importantly, 5/10ths at those trap speeds is equivalent to a bus length. It's not even close.

If you honestly think that a 0.5 sec difference in the 1/4 makes no difference in real world applications, and that calling out this fact means that we are trashing the RC-F, then I give up. Actually I should've given up a long time ago. LOL

Please continue the discussion on how the RC-F is a greater car than the M3/4 because it's a better GT/daily and easily accessible. BTW, my mom's RX is also a better GT than the M3/4 and she can drive it faster around the track than an M3/4. She's your 99%.
Old 02-28-15, 03:53 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Das ist interessant , aber auch hier ein weiterer Test auf Basis von Fahrerfähigkeiten .

Originally Posted by FromZA
Out of the latest AutoZeitung:
.....BMW M4.....Lexus RC F.....Porsche Carrera GTS
Data:
Weight:........1620 kg.....1842 kg.....1501 kg
0-40 kph:.....1,5 s..........1,5 s.........1,2 s
0-100 kph:....4,4 s..........4,5 s.........3,9 s
0-160 kph:....9,2 s..........9,9 s.........8,4 s
0-200 kph:...13,9 s.........15,1 s.......13,0 s
Laptime Hockenheim GP (4,6 km):.....1.59,8.....2.02,4.....1.56,9
Slalom 18m:.....70,9 kph.....69,3 kph.....72,0 kph
Braking 100-0(cold/warm):.....35,6/33,4.....33,4/32,7.....33,7/31,8
Fuel Consumption:.....11,2 l.....13,3 l.....12,4 l
Price:.....72500€.....74900€.....117549€
Rating:
Body: M4-577 points (more space and a good safety equipment)
.........RC F-526 points (bad functionality)
.........GTS-492 points (very few space in the rear and a small trunk, lack of safety equipment)
Comfort: M4-673 points (comfortable ride)
............RC F-650 points (good seats, but a bad ride)
............GTS-624 points (very loud, better ride than RC F)
Drivetrain: GTS-656 points (highest topspeed and best acceleration)
...............M4-652 points (quite efficient and best gearbox)
..............RC F-596 points (not very efficient)
Driving Dynamics: GTS-835 points (best brakes and handling)
.........................M4-769 points (good handling but poor cold braking)
........................RC F-759 points (good brakes but worse handling and steering than the others)
Costs: M4-228 points (not much to say, just look at the prices)
.........RC F-214 points
.........GTS-185 points
Verdict:
1st place: BMW M4 Coupé (2899 points)
2nd place: Porsche 911 Carrera GTS (2792 points)
3rd place: Lexus RC F (2745 points)
"The new Porsche Carrera GTS has reached its aim: It wins the Drivetrain-chapter and sets a new bar in handling. But nevertheless it is only placed 2nd. The GTS is simply too expensive and not very spacy-it also has a poor safety equipment. The BMW M4 is a deserved winner. It is good both in everyday driving and on the racetrack-and it has a fair price. The Lexus RC F is the third winner. It does everything right, but nothing better than Porsche and BMW. It lacks a good finishing and it is too heavy."
Old 02-28-15, 04:00 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
For the dude who said the M4 wins bus lengths on the RCF

BMW M4 Vs Lexus RC F comparativa de aceleración - YouTube
I think the individual who referenced "bus lengths" was referring to Mini Coopers.

It's a race, and that's a good thing. It keeps all the manufacturers in line with their marketing claims (said by a marketing man).
Old 02-28-15, 04:01 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default Awesome exhaust noise test

Old 02-28-15, 04:13 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

I have to disagree with you. MY RX is not faster than the M3/M4. :

Honestly, there are going to be endless runs and tests and reviews and opinions and, and, and...Praise and buy what you want!

But know the RC F and the M4 with take turns leading in the results. The cars are well-matched, and there is just far too much of the human element affecting EVERY outcome.

Lexus did a superb job engineering a beautiful, powerful and reliable dual-personality machine. Give Yaguchi the credit he deserves.

Originally Posted by primecut
TBH I had zero desire of re-joining this thread, but I will not tolerate someone who consistently lacks reading comprehension to twist my words and call me out. Last I checked, 5 car lengths (Your calculations huh?) is approximately a bus length (Being generous), and that's exactly what I said. Please read again:

If you honestly think that a 0.5 sec difference in the 1/4 makes no difference in real world applications, and that calling out this fact means that we are trashing the RC-F, then I give up. Actually I should've given up a long time ago. LOL

Please continue the discussion on how the RC-F is a greater car than the M3/4 because it's a better GT/daily and easily accessible. BTW, my mom's RX is also a better GT than the M3/4 and she can drive it faster around the track than an M3/4. She's your 99%.
Old 02-28-15, 06:23 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Supra and RC-F playing around

Near the end, the Supra driver really comes flying and tries hard to pass the RC-F, but ends up getting dusted by the RC-F.

Lexus RCF & Supra @ Corrida Autos Exoticos - YouTube
you watched the video at around the 2:15 mark, right?

Last edited by DrRick; 02-28-15 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-28-15, 07:28 AM
BAlbright
Driver

I've been following this thread for a while and I have to chuckle when I see everyone saying "this is faster---that is faster" etc. Does it really matter if one is a couple of tenths of a second faster than the other. Most of the time, we drive our cars on the street--not a race track. And, with either the M4 or the RCF, a lack of respect for the potential of the cars will make you dead man real fast.
Old 02-28-15, 07:33 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
you watched the video at around the 2:15 mark, right?
LOL, Not sure why everyone on this forum only has to pick out the good parts, that Supra would or went through the RCF if he did not slow down.
Old 02-28-15, 07:57 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorthin1
It's pointless to engage someone who:

A) Lacks basic reading comprehension skills (FYI, the Autocar ranking was M4>RS5>RCF, hopefully you can understand that).

and

B) Makes up stats 99% of the time (see what I did there?).

Also, when your signature is an old, 200 something horsepower vehicle (RIP) and you actually thought it was pertinent information to list spark plugs as an "engine upgrade" it's probably safe to assume that vehicles like the RCF and M4 are both out of YOUR driving capabilities. Perhaps that's why you keep posting your 99%/1% "fact". Unfortunately for you, repeating it every other post will not make it magically become true.
It is sad that you are unable explain your mysterious affinity for the M4 in terms of clear concise logic but when I make a logical conclusion based on a thorough reading of all the reviews posted so far : that the M4's full performance is largely inaccessible to the majority of the RCF/M4 buying population and that for all intents and purposes, the M4 is slower than the RCF even on the track, you stoop to referring. to my old vehicle in order to try to discredit my opinion.

As if what car I used to drive makes me wrong and you right LOL.

It's clear who is the weak minded BMW shill and whose life is so sad he has to waste it trolling the forums of a car that is not only a rival but is so obviously superior to his beloved BMW M4. And who spends his time looking for reviews to bolster his erroneous worldview that M4 > RCF.

Razorthin1, I understand that change may be hard for you to embrace but as encapsulated by the RCF, Lexus now builds to enhance driving enjoyment while BMW builds for paper figure bragging rights. It may be time for you to just let it go, go back to your BMW forum and enjoy tracking your M4. Why do you care if other people ( ie RCF owners) got the better driver's car? Enjoy your purchase by driving it not by trying to big it up on another car brand's forums.Does trying to convince other people you got the better deal increase your driving enjoyment?

Last edited by natnut; 02-28-15 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-28-15, 10:59 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
It is sad that you are unable explain your mysterious affinity for the M4 in terms of clear concise logic but when I make a logical conclusion based on a thorough reading of all the reviews posted so far : that the M4's full performance is largely inaccessible to the majority of the RCF/M4 buying population and that for all intents and purposes, the M4 is slower than the RCF even on the track, you stoop to referring. to my old vehicle in order to try to discredit my opinion.
That makes no sense lol

It seems that most people here are attaching their own lack of ability to the potential and ability of the machinery. Ill try and explain what im talking about in more simple terms so people wont get butt hurt due to fanboy or financial reasons.

Ex: Lots of people around the world play tennis. Many people are good, but the vast majority of people who enjoy the sport are low skilled and incapable of holding a rally with a professional who hits a ball with true weight. Now that's just the truth of life and world we live in. Having played tennis at a professional level, I know exactly what im talking about here...

Now to the good part...

When I play tennis I use a custom racket given to me by my sponsor that weighs between 338-345g depending on how I decided to have it setup. The average person that I wrote about just earlier could try and play with my racket, but would just end up making a fool of themselves and probably get tennis elbow. Although my racket is far superior to one that is readily available to the general public, a player with average ability is not going to be able to properly use the racket and would be better off with something more forgiving and less brutal.

The same idea goes for the M4 and RCF track comparison. The M4 is a more capable car around a race track, it really just is. The fact that the vast majority of buyers cannot utilize the capability of the car isn't the cars fault. It seems that many people in this thread have forgotten the fact that it is not the cars fault that your not a competent enough driver to get the most out of it.

But who really buys a 75k luxury car to go road racing?
Old 02-28-15, 11:12 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx

Ex: Lots of people around the world play tennis. Many people are good, but the vast majority of people who enjoy the sport are low skilled and incapable of holding a rally with a professional who hits a ball with true weight. Now that's just the truth of life and world we live in. Having played tennis at a professional level, I know exactly what im talking about here...
No around Bedford autodrome is the perfect example of what he said. RC-F was consistently and repeatedly all day long putting down the same lap time in the hands of the professional driver. The M4 was putting down slower lap time in the hands of a professional driver for the most part except the lap where it made a quicker lap time.

It has nothing to do with the driver's capability. It is more about which car has the precision and control to put down consistently the same lap time (to be honest, gold standard in racing).

As Autocar magazine said that while the M4 oversteers literally everywhere, it is the RC-F that shows a more neutral and nicely balanced behavior.

Ultimately it's the BMW that sets the faster time against the clock, scoring two laps in the 1min 6sec range. But there are plenty of 8s and 9s too when the back end breaks away. The Lexus? A best of 1min 7.1sec but this was repeatable all day long.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-28-15 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-28-15, 05:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

MotorAuthority.com accompanying article:

Most folks can appreciate a good exhaust note. There's something buried in the noise that rings up a certain part of the soul, and then stirs it. One of the best places to experience wonderful exhaust tones is inside the cozy auditory confines of a tunnel. Apparently there's a spot in the United Kingdom devoted to just such appreciated because there's an Exhaust Appreciation Tunnel... and Lexus just sent its RC F through it.

Now, you'd expect the RC F to sound off with a quality exhaust note. After all, it's packing a 5.0-liter V-8 engine that produces 467 horsepower. The exhaust is released unto the world by way of a quad-exhaust setup with four real exhaust tips, as opposed to the exhaust "bodywork" of the IS F. That sounds like it would make for a pretty pleasing aural adventure, no?

Well, prepare to be disappointed. The exhaust on the RC F is a bit boring considering the powerplant under the hood. This coupe makes its best noises when you're inside the cabin and crossing over the 3,500 rpm mark as the intake noise changes tone from okay to OH MY. That's where the real action happens. Lexus has been producing vehicles with surprisingly wonderful intake noise for some time now, but the exhaust doesn't hit the same, ahem, high notes.

Still, a V-8 in a tunnel is always interesting, right? Eh. I can appreciate the hard work that went into this video, since it was shot with stills and then compiled into moving pictures. The final result, however, leaves me a bit motion sick, and the aforementioned mediocre exhaust note doesn't ring magically into my ears... or more importantly, into my heart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread