RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F automotive reviews thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-15, 09:26 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorthin1
But for the rest of us, it's okay to have an honest conversation . The RCF, m4, RS5,etc. all have flaws, no car will "win" every category, every time. It's okay to win some (wet track) and lose some (dry track). Every loss is not a string of conspiracy and incompetent journalism. Sheesh.
Thank you, someone had to say it
Old 02-21-15, 09:54 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Speaking of lap times...

For the 0.01% of car drivers who are professional race car drivers and only when they are fully rested on their first lap and not after fatigue has crept in after multiple laps, the M4 is the better performing vehicle.
Sorry I had to make a factual correction.

Last edited by natnut; 02-22-15 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-21-15, 09:59 AM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like I'm in some weird bubble of distorted reality in here...

Basically anything that portrays the RCF in a positive way is legit, but anything that is negative is discredited.

Are you seriously still trying to use that AMCI video with the "certified paid by lexus driver" as creditable proof of anything?

A week ago the autocar track video was valid, but somehow today the written results are not?

Chris Harris, a competent and respected driver in the industry isn't creditable because he didn't like the RCF?

Has there EVER been documentation of an RCF running close to the M4 in a 1/4 mile? The magazines say 12.5. Ok. Multiple publication have verified low 12's for the M3/4 and a stock M3 ran an 11.6 IN REAL LIFE ON VIDEO (but its Atco, so it doesn't count, of course). One member claims they will take their TVD RCF to Atco...sure you will buddy. I'll be holding my breath for you to post your runs here, along with a dozen or so excuses of why the times are so poor.

Why are we linking "Lexus College" comparison videos to prove a point? Did we expect them to say anything different?

Why is it so difficult to have an honest discussion about the strengths/weaknesses of the RCF in here?

There is always an excuse when the RCF loses (the drivers fault, not TVD, software not updated, etc.). It's getting old. How many times have we heard "wait until more testing gets done"? What's the point if every time it isn't positive it gets dismissed?

It's obvious one person in here is a paid shill (or they are just really REALLY delusional). But for the rest of us, it's okay to have an honest conversation . The RCF, m4, RS5,etc. all have flaws, no car will "win" every category, every time. It's okay to win some (wet track) and lose some (dry track). Every loss is not a string of conspiracy and incompetent journalism. Sheesh.
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Youve hit the nail on the head.
Old 02-21-15, 10:48 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those who believe there are NO ulterior, monetary motivations in the automobile review industry are indeed DELUSIONAL.

Only a blind man cannot see what is clearly in front of him.

When the runs are grossly out of line with REALITY, it indicates we have imbeciles executing these runs and evaluating the metrics, or that we have rigged runs.

As for the world of drivers running all of the cars in this class, there is no doubt that everyone of them has a preference, and none is free of subjective consideration of the cars. It is also obvious that a light foot results in a light run.

Despite the fact that there will never be a totally objective review of any car, there are drivers who make it clear from the on-start that they wear a pro-German auto stamp on their arms.

Only a blind man cannot see what is clearly in front of him.

So I agree with the comment: "F" the reviews. This thread has had 95,000+ views. I am presuming the majority of them are NON-DELUSIONAL individuals who actually are Lexus enthusiasts with true interest in Lexus "F" cars.

I'm one of them.

Last edited by ISF001; 02-21-15 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-21-15, 11:23 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel like I'm in some weird bubble of distorted reality in here...

Basically anything that portrays the RCF in a positive way is legit, but anything that is negative is discredited.

Are you seriously still trying to use that AMCI video with the "certified paid by lexus driver" as creditable proof of anything?

A week ago the autocar track video was valid, but somehow today the written results are not?

Chris Harris, a competent and respected driver in the industry isn't creditable because he didn't like the RCF?

Has there EVER been documentation of an RCF running close to the M4 in a 1/4 mile? The magazines say 12.5. Ok. Multiple publication have verified low 12's for the M3/4 and a stock M3 ran an 11.6 IN REAL LIFE ON VIDEO (but its Atco, so it doesn't count, of course). One member claims they will take their TVD RCF to Atco...sure you will buddy. I'll be holding my breath for you to post your runs here, along with a dozen or so excuses of why the times are so poor.

Why are we linking "Lexus College" comparison videos to prove a point? Did we expect them to say anything different?

Why is it so difficult to have an honest discussion about the strengths/weaknesses of the RCF in here?

There is always an excuse when the RCF loses (the drivers fault, not TVD, software not updated, etc.). It's getting old. How many times have we heard "wait until more testing gets done"? What's the point if every time it isn't positive it gets dismissed?

It's obvious one person in here is a paid shill (or they are just really REALLY delusional). But for the rest of us, it's okay to have an honest conversation . The RCF, m4, RS5,etc. all have flaws, no car will "win" every category, every time. It's okay to win some (wet track) and lose some (dry track). Every loss is not a string of conspiracy and incompetent journalism. Sheesh.
This. All...of....THIS!!!
Old 02-21-15, 11:59 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys honestly think 'major' auto mags/websites would pick the RC F over the BMW? Even though Randy posted nearly identical times, these others like to say the Lexus is really slow and overweight. The BMW is NOT 500, 600lbs. less. Its curb weight is 3600-3700lbs. Stop buying the media hype. Its all bs to go with the status quo. The turbo torque is so great now but was criticized last generation. Remember the rave of the last gen M3's N-A engine? Turbos were so bad because they were unpredictable, they took away the 'feel'. Oh, but now bmw has a turbo car, its all the rage. N-A engines like the RC F's are all of a sudden "slow" "uninspiring" "lacking feel" etc. You dont have to be a genius to see the trend here. No matter how good competition is, even when they beat bmw with the same thing that was previously praised, theyre no match because it's a bmw. Stop being sheep. Cars arent supposed to have snap oversteer on throttle application. No one wants a drift car in a luxury sports coupe. These reviews are all opinion pieces. But the bias towards bmw is definitely apparent. If you cant see that, then bmw has bought you over the same way it has with the major auto media.
Old 02-21-15, 05:17 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad it's not the "Hot" car to have because every mag racer would have one and I don't want to see them sell like the mustang, I am sure Lexus knew the numbers when it came out better then we ever well, Hell they had a M4 at the track just to see what you like better at the Asphalt up event.

I am not sure why everything that says the M4 is faster even matters, no need to be insecure about a stupid car lol.
Old 02-21-15, 06:24 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Drove an RC-F today... I fell in love. Such a great feeling car around the closed course. It felt very natural and confident around the bends, even for a novice like me.
Attached Thumbnails RC F automotive reviews thread-image-2631729165.jpg  
Old 02-21-15, 09:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Drove an RC-F today... I fell in love. Such a great feeling car around the closed course. It felt very natural and confident around the bends, even for a novice like me.
Love those standard wheels. Look so good.
Old 02-22-15, 12:33 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Do you guys honestly think 'major' auto mags/websites would pick the RC F over the BMW? Even though Randy posted nearly identical times, these others like to say the Lexus is really slow and overweight. The BMW is NOT 500, 600lbs. less. Its curb weight is 3600-3700lbs. Stop buying the media hype. Its all bs to go with the status quo. The turbo torque is so great now but was criticized last generation. Remember the rave of the last gen M3's N-A engine? Turbos were so bad because they were unpredictable, they took away the 'feel'. Oh, but now bmw has a turbo car, its all the rage. N-A engines like the RC F's are all of a sudden "slow" "uninspiring" "lacking feel" etc. You dont have to be a genius to see the trend here. No matter how good competition is, even when they beat bmw with the same thing that was previously praised, theyre no match because it's a bmw. Stop being sheep. Cars arent supposed to have snap oversteer on throttle application. No one wants a drift car in a luxury sports coupe. These reviews are all opinion pieces. But the bias towards bmw is definitely apparent. If you cant see that, then bmw has bought you over the same way it has with the major auto media.
Clap Clap. Best most accurate and even handed comment on this thread. I especially like it because it takes into account the history of past reviews of BMW M's Normal Aspirated engines. Makes all those people lauding Razorthin's thinly disguised BMW puff piece look uneducated and just bandwagon jumping onto BMW's hype train.

The true "bubble of distorted reality" is the people thinking that the M4 is the best track car for them when IN REALITY, unless they are Randy Probst on his best day or other PROFESSIONAL race car driver, 100% of those sucking on BMW's teat will be FASTER in the RCF on a track than in an M4.

100% of those people buying the M4 expecting that they will blow away the RCF on the track will receive a rude awakening the moment their first encounter with a hairpin loop occurs. Within the limits of the handling abilities of the average buyer of the M4/RCF, the RCF will almost always be faster around a corner.

Last edited by natnut; 02-22-15 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-22-15, 04:48 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
The turbo torque is so great now but was criticized last generation. Remember the rave of the last gen M3's N-A engine? Turbos were so bad because they were unpredictable, they took away the 'feel'. Oh, but now bmw has a turbo car, its all the rage. N-A engines like the RC F's are all of a sudden "slow" "uninspiring" "lacking feel" etc.
Thats true, but that was 8 years ago. Turbo technology is not static, a lot has happened since 2007. Another thing is that many people tend to compare affordable turbo cars with LFA or the most extreme from Ferrari. The engine in RC-F or any other NA car under 150 000 dollar is nowhere near the LFA engine.
Old 02-22-15, 05:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

what exactly has changed with regards to turbos in the last 8 years? You still have lag, the complexity, reliability, the heat issues, non linear throttle. Now BMW wants to add water injection and AWD to M cars. Complexity is going to get even worse
Old 02-22-15, 07:32 AM
Razorthin1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PistonHeads RCF vs M4 track review:

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/...s-bmw-m4/31677

Bedford South Autodrome. Damp track.

M4 Best Time: 1:06
RCF Best Time: 1:07:10

Summary paragraph perfectly fits the current conversation in here:

Foregone conclusions, biased or not, are actually very necessary. Pick the one you liked first, and you'll be happy. But the M4 is fastest. But the RC F has a V8.
Old 02-22-15, 08:43 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

PistonHeads RCF vs M4 track review:

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/...s-bmw-m4/31677

Bedford South Autodrome. Damp track.

M4 Best Time: 1:06
RCF Best Time: 1:07:10

Summary paragraph perfectly fits the current conversation in here:
Agree with this 100%

M4 is the Faster and more Dynamic car at 10/10s

RCF is just as good at 8/10s but cant match the M4 at the absolute limit, but it comes with a NA V8, great sounds, and long term reliability.

Both are Great cars, drive them and pick one u like best...........
Old 02-22-15, 09:29 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

M4 is faster, but not as fast as it should be considering the weight disparity. But dont care about absolute speed, if I did why the heck would I be looking at BMW or Lexus

Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread