RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F automotive reviews thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-14, 08:12 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SOM3
Listen there guy, the car is either faster or not. End of story. I don't know why you keep typing the same argument over and over over and over.
According to R&T and AMCI, the RC-F is faster than the M4.

There, satisfied?
Old 12-11-14, 06:30 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
According to R&T and AMCI, the RC-F is faster than the M4.

There, satisfied?
There was more to your statement that should have been included to define the asterisk that accompanies that statement

"According to R&T and AMCI, the RC-F is faster than the M4 that lap on that day on that track setup with that driver. YMMV."

Article has already been proven to have errors so not sure why this is quoted as gospel anymore. Propose a moment of silence (a long moment) in claiming superiority until both of these cars get to the Ring and something definitive comes out of it.

But no, lets keep arguing over what someone else can do with your car... So then you can go line up against a M1/2/3/4 at a stoplight and lose 10 out of 10 times to a better driver because I spent all of my time arguing on the internet than at the track.
Old 12-11-14, 08:51 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
There was more to your statement that should have been included to define the asterisk that accompanies that statement

"According to R&T and AMCI, the RC-F is faster than the M4 that lap on that day on that track setup with that driver. YMMV."

Article has already been proven to have errors so not sure why this is quoted as gospel anymore. Propose a moment of silence (a long moment) in claiming superiority until both of these cars get to the Ring and something definitive comes out of it.

But no, lets keep arguing over what someone else can do with your car... So then you can go line up against a M1/2/3/4 at a stoplight and lose 10 out of 10 times to a better driver because I spent all of my time arguing on the internet than at the track.

LOL ^^^^

I should win this red light race because Motor Trend said so
Old 12-11-14, 11:28 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44

Come on...one transcription error occurs, and now everything else is wrong--AMCI, Motown Mile, Car & Driver, MotorTrend...and...?

Really?

I think WE ALL need to stop with the gross exaggerations. We'll see plenty of metrics in the months ahead...and no doubt plenty of variance.

The cars are well-matched. And they have already gotten into the ring. There will be more.
Old 12-12-14, 09:23 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really a test, but still interesting !

Old 12-12-14, 11:28 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Did he pull 1.1 gs on a corner?
Old 12-12-14, 11:40 AM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISF001
Did he pull 1.1 gs on a corner?
G's have to be on the same diameter circle for any valid comparison. Higher speeds on a larger radius will typically give higher G force readings than a tighter radius with the same vehicle due to weight transfer and downforce. The car was holding in a few corners at 1.2 and 1.3g's according to the onboard monitor. .
Old 12-12-14, 09:26 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 12-16-14, 01:31 PM
Ronald
Driver School Candidate

These tests are nice but they won't play much of a role with what automobile I should buy. The results will get me into the dealership to test drive them and nothing else. The three are very nice cars, beyond the financial reach of most people and the potential of each cannot be explored on the street, well not legally anyway. Someone in the market for a Hellcat is probably not going to be in the market for these three cars in the AMCI test so it doesn't matter what the numbers are. A car purchase is not based on logic; it is based on emotion and other intangibles.

If I had the choice between car or skill, I would prefer to be able to drive like Jimmy Johnson or Dale Earnhardt Jr that way I can apply my chops to any car I drive.
Old 12-18-14, 03:04 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

GTChannel got to test drive the new high performance Lexus RC, the Lexus RC F at Montecello Motor Club. The RC F was developed in parallel with the RC and not an afterthought. We spoke to chief engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi about the RC F development concept. He also mentions a CCSR version in the works.
And to close it off, GTChannel's Taro Koki compares the RC F with the RC and RC F Sport and reviews the car on the track.
Old 12-18-14, 05:27 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

wow that is an excellent interview. He goes on to tell how the RC was designed to have an F from the beginning so he was able to get his technical requirements into the base RC design, unlike the ISF which was afterwards. Also how he designed the suspension to fit the widest tires they can, which was a weakness in the ISF design with 225/255s. Pretty much confirmed what I had suspected with this car.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 12-18-14 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-19-14, 09:19 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Link to the Club Lexus photos for the RCF CCSR: lots of carbon here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-rcf-ccsr.html

It's a great video and interesting insight into the car.
Old 12-20-14, 07:03 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Old 12-21-14, 04:50 PM
waynesreef
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A pretty good review from New York Times.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/au...rc-f.html?_r=0
Old 12-23-14, 03:44 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/watch...udi-rs-5-track

More on the dynamic trio of road rockets...

Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread