RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F at Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-14, 01:02 PM
John Coyle
CL Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC F at Cars and Coffee

Last weekend the 2015 RC F was spotted at Cars and Coffee Irvine in SoCal. While the studio shots look great, this performance machine is even more impressive when seen in the wild. These are the best pics of the hot rod Lexus yet!

Old 08-01-14, 01:45 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I wanted Orange now I'm not so sure. Doesn't look as good as other pics I've seen. I assume these are highly "instagramed"
Old 08-01-14, 06:13 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Arm rest looks comfy
Old 08-01-14, 07:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The most underwhelming wheels of the three options available.
Old 08-01-14, 09:23 PM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Arm rest looks comfy
That center console and radio/button area does not fit an $80K car IMO. Looks cheap and dated in pictures. Hope it is better in person.
Old 08-01-14, 09:35 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Arm rest looks comfy
Ok, I'll add my 2 cents as well. To me the armrest covering looks so out of place. Lexus already uses way to many different surface materials on the interior. Why add one more tiny swatch to the mix. Black plastic trim, cf trim, silver trim, leather, multiple stitching colors, whatever the headliner is, and then the armrest. I love the McLaren, big reason I chose it over others was the interior... 2 surface materials, leather and carbon, period. It doesn't take supercar $$$ to design a tasteful interior.
Old 08-02-14, 05:10 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I wanted Orange now I'm not so sure. Doesn't look as good as other pics I've seen. I assume these are highly "instagramed"
IMHO it doesn't look as good b/c its too pale. Orange metallic looks good when its a deeper shade b/c there's more depth to it. Otherwise it looks "plasticky" which is how the Lexus Solar Flare looks. But I'll reserve final judgment until I see it in person. It may look "plasticky" just in photos b/c it can't capture the depth in the paint that in person may give you.
Old 08-02-14, 05:25 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by darinmg
That center console and radio/button area does not fit an $80K car IMO. Looks cheap and dated in pictures. Hope it is better in person.
Originally Posted by TimboIS
Ok, I'll add my 2 cents as well. To me the armrest covering looks so out of place. Lexus already uses way to many different surface materials on the interior. Why add one more tiny swatch to the mix. Black plastic trim, cf trim, silver trim, leather, multiple stitching colors, whatever the headliner is, and then the armrest. I love the McLaren, big reason I chose it over others was the interior... 2 surface materials, leather and carbon, period. It doesn't take supercar $$$ to design a tasteful interior.
hah I just said it looks comfy, not that it looks aesthetically pleasing

Looks to be that micro-suede used in previous Lexus's or possibly alcantara

@darinmg that was my biggest disappointment seeing that the console was essentially transfered from the IS albeit a few new interior refinements. That said the plastics are still low quality compared to those found in the GS (which I wish they used).
Old 08-02-14, 06:47 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was at Cars and Coffee again today.. and in person IMO does not look impressive, its very "bubbly" looking and reactions from the crowd was at the very least, somewhat negative. The performance however has yet to be proven and the interior follows the styling of the fleet of latest generation Lexus vehicles.

I would say if the IS-F didn't sell well since the beginning.. this vehicle would sell even less.
Old 08-03-14, 01:18 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
It was at Cars and Coffee again today.. and in person IMO does not look impressive, its very "bubbly" looking and reactions from the crowd was at the very least, somewhat negative. The performance however has yet to be proven and the interior follows the styling of the fleet of latest generation Lexus vehicles.

I would say if the IS-F didn't sell well since the beginning.. this vehicle would sell even less.
I was there this morning too and I have to agree with you. I'm not that impressed by it at all. Kinda disappointed since I was hoping that in person it would look better. I'm sure it will perform great but I'm not sure about spending that much money for a car that doesn't look good. A sad day in deed
Old 08-03-14, 02:26 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to thread jack but heres my photos of it since posting a new thread is kind of pointless..

Old 08-03-14, 07:01 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

orange wasnt the best color to show it off, quite ugly to be honest and especially the wheels. Blue and buzzsaw wheels wouldve been a lot better

@darinmg that was my biggest disappointment seeing that the console was essentially transfered from the IS albeit a few new interior refinements. That said the plastics are still low quality compared to those found in the GS (which I wish they used).
thats what the RC as a whole is interior wise, shouldnt be a big surprise. Even ISF didnt have much things different from a normal IS. Red interior looks the way to go, black is too bland

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 08-03-14 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-03-14, 08:48 AM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense to whomever took these pictures but thr quality is definitely lacking which might play a role in why the color looks dull
Old 08-03-14, 09:11 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
No offense to whomever took these pictures but thr quality is definitely lacking which might play a role in why the color looks dull
Hardest color to photograph... Since the temperature is constantly changing..

Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails RC F at Cars and Coffee-image.jpg  
Old 08-03-14, 10:45 AM
Hoovey689

One of those you have to appreciate it in person colors. Otherwise this pops!

Quick Reply: RC F at Cars and Coffee