RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F at Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-14, 11:25 AM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pics i think the car looks hot lexus cars look better in person it does need different rims some 20's on it but its a different color can't wait to see in person. USB or Solar flare for me.
Old 08-03-14, 12:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Looks amazing. This orange one has different wheels and also the carbon package on it.

Cannot believe Lexus nailed the stance on this one. Wish the spoiler had been deployed. Would have looked even more aggressive.

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Not to thread jack but heres my photos of it since posting a new thread is kind of pointless..

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-03-14 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-03-14, 04:11 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I remember how the ISF design grew on me, slowly. Once I drove it, suddenly it looked a whole lot better.
Old 08-03-14, 04:16 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

car looks a lot lower in pics than the IS
Old 08-03-14, 09:32 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's an aggressive and polarizing color, to say the least....

But I think it looks sick and can't wait to see these on the road (except it'll make me want to trade-in my ISF to get one in blue or red).
Old 08-03-14, 10:28 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Hardest color to photograph... Since the temperature is constantly changing..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...ffee-image.jpg
Joe Z
Not liking the color at all. Needs to be deeper. This angle I see a lot of GTR but better...

Last edited by Raptor.1; 08-03-14 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-03-14, 11:22 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What pics fail to depict is that the front of the car doesn't look long anymore, its more round now and thus making the car look like it has a very short wheelbase.. If they extended the hood out more it would look a ton better but in person it looks like a Kia with more sharp curves on the bumper.

IMO it won't grow on me, it has too much going on and the car looks way too bubbly and less of the "sleek" look we get from current model BMW's and exotic cars.
Old 08-04-14, 12:09 AM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RS-5, RC-F, RS-5, RC-F....

That dang interior (center stack).... just might push me to the Audi. I was so hopeful. I still have another year before I start looking to turn in the GS, so we'll see. Maybe the GS-F will be out by then.
Old 08-04-14, 12:23 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Other than the nose bulge, there is absolutely nothing "bubbly" about the car. I am not a fan of bulge on the nose, but many colours seem to hide well.

It has huge big fender flares especially on the rear to hide the wide track and huge 285 section tires on the rear. Still, "muscular" is the expression. Not bubbly. The stance and wide fender flares both front and back are simply a killer. That is why I said, finally Lexus got the stance right on a car where there is not an atrocious wheel gap or the tucked-in look.

The rear and side angle simply trounces the M4 in every way.

What pics fail to depict is that the front of the car doesn't look long anymore, its more round now and thus making the car look like it has a very short wheelbase.. If they extended the hood out more it would look a ton better but in person it looks like a Kia with more sharp curves on the bumper.

IMO it won't grow on me, it has too much going on and the car looks way too bubbly and less of the "sleek" look we get from current model BMW's and exotic cars.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-04-14 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-04-14, 05:08 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

bulge on the hood makes it more muscular looking and you have to have these higher hoodlines because of stupid pedestrian safety laws. The higher hood is just like a muscle car hood. RC350 looks less striking because of it

Old 08-04-14, 05:14 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

That orange looks terrible or not as good as the pictures suggested. Maybe I have to see in person.
Old 08-04-14, 09:49 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Other than the nose bulge, there is absolutely nothing "bubbly" about the car. I am not a fan of bulge on the nose, but many colours seem to hide well.

It has huge big fender flares especially on the rear to hide the wide track and huge 285 section tires on the rear. Still, "muscular" is the expression. Not bubbly. The stance and wide fender flares both front and back are simply a killer. That is why I said, finally Lexus got the stance right on a car where there is not an atrocious wheel gap or the tucked-in look.

The rear and side angle simply trounces the M4 in every way.
I like how you're trying to change the opinion of someone that has seen the car in person.. nothings going to change my opinion so your thoughts doesnt mean anything to me.. I have thoroughly looked through the car and came to my conclusion. Some will like it, some won't. My opinions are not singled out as comments from other people at Cars&Coffee were the same as mine.

Anyways, not a hater here, I was hoping for more from Lexus when I saw this car in person. Sadly I would never consider buying this car.
Old 08-04-14, 12:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I like how you're trying to change the opinion of someone that has seen the car in person.. nothings going to change my opinion so your thoughts doesnt mean anything to me.. I have thoroughly looked through the car and came to my conclusion. Some will like it, some won't. My opinions are not singled out as comments from other people at Cars&Coffee were the same as mine.

Anyways, not a hater here, I was hoping for more from Lexus when I saw this car in person. Sadly I would never consider buying this car.
I am not trying to change your opinion at all. You are forgetting how I praised the pictures you posted and then your proceeded to mention how the pictures "fail to depict" etc.

I am just stating how I don't buy any of your "bubbly" argument (and so do none of the other people). Be happy and content with your IS-F and remain satisfied that your car works best for you. You predicted the RC-F would sell less than the IS-F. However, only because of the subjective shape of a nose, it sounds highly improbable.

Clearly, the proportions of the car are muscular and there is nothing round about the car other than the hood nose bulge. I know 100% when I see it in real life, I will like it even more than I do in pictures inspire of not being a fan of the nose bulge.

You seem to forget there are plenty of people on this board who saw it in real life and said quite the opposite that pictured don't do justice to it. Your opinions are just that. Your opinions. Only subjective.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-04-14 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-04-14, 12:53 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, this is like the BMW forum: E92 vs. F80.
Old 08-04-14, 01:04 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

yea but its arguing about more boring things like looks not V8 vs farty exhaust and microphoned engine sounds

Quick Reply: RC F at Cars and Coffee