RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-15, 12:40 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by fly2low
the world has gone mad. I drove rcf, m4, and mustang gt back to back to back.

M4 has an amazing torque but the biggest letdown is the artificial steering feel (c'mon bmw, this used to be your forte), the lexus actually beats bmw on steer feel. The m-dct transmission startles in traffic, ok for a fast driving, not ok if you drive it in a real world. I put all setting in the sport plus while driving.

Rcf has less torque but a very melodious top end. The "regular" auto is very fast, it even blips (rev match) when put on sport plus. The interior hands down nicer and that m4 has the $4k executive package and leather. Exterior is subjective but rcf makes my blood moves while m4 doesn't. Call me childish but that adjustable rear wing excites me.

Mustang gt, albeit without performance package that has a shorter rear end just feels ..... Slow after driving those two. I'm sorely disappointed. The saving grace is that the steering feel is not worse than m4. I will update this once i drive a pp & recaro gt. Interior is a leap forward compared to the previous model with an aeroplane theme (i am a sucker for aircrafts as you can see from my handle. Rcf still has the best interior but the surprise is although bmw has better quality materials, the design is just drab compare to the gt premium.

These are all just personal opinions.

For the record i was an ///m fan until bangle. I love vintage fords and have a first gen mustang and cougar.

But i dare you to guess which of these 3 cars is in my garage now?

like i said the world has gone mad.

rc-f!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-15, 03:11 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I haven't even taken delivery of my RC-F yet, but have to throw my 2 cents in here. If your only interest is 0-60 and you have absolutely no concern about driving the same car as everybody else, then I suppose Mustang is your baby. Same goes for Camaro, everybody's got one. It's not unusual to be on the same stretch of road at any given time with 2 or 3 Mustangs or Camaros around where I live. If on the other hand you are looking for something unique and infinitely more interesting than either of those cars, and likelihood close to zero of sharing the road with another one, then RC-F is the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
MadeNjapan (05-12-21)
Old 04-15-15, 05:53 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why are you guys comparing the RCF to the Ford GT? A better comparison is the Aston Martin N430.

I like the GT, but...

The comparison is one of brutal elegance to a Ford muscle car. The RCF TVD takes it in a straight run and on the track. There is no top speed comparison.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
im actually considering the Stang GT now, but nothing anytime soon. Come to realize Im not willing to pay the $80k for RCF that I would like. Been doing a lot of research on the GT. Would be nice to do something different than a 3rd lexus in a row and the mods are cheap and plentiful. If the GT didnt step up the styling and interior quality to what it is now, I wouldnt have considered it. Not to mention a GT Premium + Perf package can be had for 36-37 probably with some negotiating. Going to wait till 2016s come out to see what kind of deals can be had. Chuckling at some of my older posts

Motor Trend Head 2 Head:
Camaro 1LE - 1:22.81
BMW M4 - 1:23.73
Lexus RCF - 1:24.05
Mustang GT Perf - 1:24.32

Keep in mind the GT is using pretty meh tires, not PSS or the 1LE tires.
Old 04-16-15, 04:33 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Why are you guys comparing the RCF to the Ford GT? A better comparison is the Aston Martin N430.

I like the GT, but...

The comparison is one of brutal elegance to a Ford muscle car. The RCF TVD takes it in a straight run and on the track. There is no top speed comparison.
Please go and DRIVE the new GT - its more of a "GT" car than old school muscle.
Very comfy to drive and has all the luxury features u can ever need.
The fit and finish / build quality are not on par with RCF - neither is the technology.

GT350 will be better competition imo and should beat the RCF in every performance category while still being cheaper.

Personally i will be buying one of these in the next 2 years but waiting to see the Supra first.
Currently i have a 2015 BRZ to hold me over as a fun car.
Old 04-16-15, 04:48 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Please go and DRIVE the new GT - its more of a "GT" car than old school muscle.
Very comfy to drive and has all the luxury features u can ever need.
The fit and finish / build quality are not on par with RCF - neither is the technology.

GT350 will be better competition imo and should beat the RCF in every performance category while still being cheaper.

Personally i will be buying one of these in the next 2 years but waiting to see the Supra first.
Currently i have a 2015 BRZ to hold me over as a fun car.
I've spend lots of time behind the wheel of the Ford GTs and really like them.

The 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350 with a factory Paxton supercharger is a blast to drive.
Old 04-16-15, 05:37 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

No matter what car I've owned it's ALWAYS Mustang drivers that want to race...I can just picture seeing them now weaving through traffic to catch up to me and waiting for the 3rd beep. If it's a Roush ( they seem to be everywhere in Florida) I'll usually give em a go If it's just a vanilla Gt I don't even look at them...not worth getting a ticket for. I guess I'm trying to say that people that drive the Mustangs irritate me....
Old 10-09-15, 10:43 PM
gearcase
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Crank

Originally Posted by gearcase
Big $ diff Bang for buck mustang. i think RCF under rated and if good driver will be there even if you mod your mustang . Think f cars already have flat plain crank. my Bad not flat plain crank. just need set of noval headers.
No dice . Sorrry about that IsF no flat plane too much ether
Old 10-10-15, 12:30 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

I was cross-shopping these two cars and these two cars only. I love the new Mustang styling, very euro-muscle car looking. The 5.0 Coyote mustang engine has so much power potential (think 2jz supra engine) and can handle gobs of power which is available for dirt cheap.

At the end of the day I chose the Lexus for the quality and refinement and because I wouldn't see one at every stop light. Where I live there is only 1 other RCF owner, and I like that.

Would I change my decision, nope, but if I had the $$ to have both I would and I'd be pushing 800+ hp in it. Can't beat the price of the new GT, it's a great car with endless potential and a HUGE aftermarket following unlike Lexus.
Old 10-24-21, 08:19 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Question updated to 2021 RCF or Mustang GT

The following video describes the differences in detail. I own the RCF (recent purchase 2021 with carbon package and tvd--about $90K) Brother in Law owns a Mustang GT. I'm 71, Brother in Law is 78. So we don't race, just like to get a thrill now and then on the road. I like his infotainment system better since I have the same one in my Lincoln. I like the driver instrument panel better as well. His car gives pretty much the same thrill when you want to go quick at half the cost. But I still like the feel of the RC F better-note that the following video the guy doing the compare also says a lot about feel when referring to the RC F.

Old 10-24-21, 09:32 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Old thread. I posted that video a while back. Anyway, here is another one.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-24-21 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-24-21, 09:31 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by darinmg
I rode in a friends 2009 Mustang GT the other day and was surprised at how "worn" it seemed. My 2007 GS430 rides like a brand new car compared to his....and he is a car enthusiast. The difference in quality between Ford/Chevy and Lexus is noticed way more a few years into ownership.
Ain’t that the truth?
Old 10-26-21, 02:03 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Haven't shared this vid with my Brother in Law with the Mustang, but the last 5 minutes of the vid is about the Mustang...RC F isn't one of the deathtraps listed