RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT

Old 11-11-14, 04:50 AM
Briitini
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2016 GT350

My dad has the boss 302 (not a main driver) and my spouse has a 2014 Mustang and is waiting for the 350 as they won't be making the 500 anymore from what I understand.

Last edited by Briitini; 11-11-14 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-11-14, 06:25 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
I'm okay with that With all the aftermarket parts for this car that's in abundance, won't have to worry about modding it at all. I hear that Lexus will be making 2,500 RC-F for the North American market. Built in limited quantities, sure you will not see many of these and I guarantee there will be less tuners wanting to make aftermarket parts for a limited run vehicle.

Hell if you want rareness, I suppose you can buy the La Ferrari, but again from what I've heard all 499 examples have been spoken for.

In regards to "exclusivity" I see plenty of IS350's on the road. I suppose if you want to move up into that category....exclusivity costs, what are you willing to pay for that right
It's just the hierarchy of needs things...it will change over time usually with age and how much disposable income one has.
Old 11-11-14, 09:00 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Word is out, RC-F was MUCH faster than the Mustang GT Performance Pack on the same day and with the same driver around Motown Mile in the "Road and Track performance car of the year". Even a tad quicker than the Mustang GT in a straight line (12.7 vs 13.0 seconds).
Old 11-11-14, 05:09 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Word is out, RC-F was MUCH faster than the Mustang GT Performance Pack on the same day and with the same driver around Motown Mile in the "Road and Track performance car of the year". Even a tad quicker than the Mustang GT in a straight line (12.7 vs 13.0 seconds).
Point taken. Received my print addition yesterday and didn't have time read it till now. On the leader board per the "Motown Mile" , the RC-F put in a track time of 56.08 sec @ 128.8mph and the Mustang 56.81 sec @ 127.2mph. Time difference of .73 sec, almost a 1/3 of sec slower Better tires and larger sway bars and some nylon bushing could even that score or better it.

Although you neglected to say that on page 90,

1)that the electronic nannies can't be disengaged
2) Lexus sabotage your lap is legion
3) Won't do a burn out.

For the above reasons the testers where annoyed by that

When Lexus came out with the IS-F Sedan their tag line was , "exploring the outer limits of adhesion." Because you were are able to turn off the nannies.

Still for the price differential between the 2 vehicles price as tested Mustang 45,885 and the Lexus RC-F 73,225, a savings of 27,370K which can go into suspension mods and a Roush supercharger, if you really want to get crazy. The rest you can bank and invest into a retirement.

Honestly, the outgoing IS-F sedan is really the winner ( if you have to have an "F"), and the ones that own it have a very track capable car, personally I would get the sedan over the coupe as what they are saying the 2 are identical in regards to 0-60 times. And the outgoing sedan can be had in the used market at a very affordable price.
Old 11-11-14, 05:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cool.

I quoted that RC-F nannies issue in the other 'review' thread, BTW. Lexus had put a restrictor on the ECU for these press cars that prevents burn outs and crazy stuff. Lexus later removed that detune. However, this test must have happened before Lexus applied the reflash.

Although, I would take the R&T Motown lap with a grain of salt since their numbers are highly inconsistent. Their M4 lap is a full 2 seconds slower than that of the M3, which is ridiculous. They are basically the same car, yet they got hugely inconsistent numbers.

They say, the Motown track is extremely rough and bumpy, which does not allow the chassis to settle especially if the car is stiff. It favors cars with adaptive suspension rather than fixed suspension cars so it could be possible that the M3 had the optional adaptive suspension while the M4 did not.

Point taken. Received my print addition yesterday and didn't have time read it till now. On the leader board per the "Motown Mile" , the RC-F put in a track time of 56.08 sec @ 128.8mph and the Mustang 56.81 sec @ 127.2mph. Time difference of .73 sec, almost a 1/3 of sec slower Better tires and larger sway bars and some nylon bushing could even that score or better it.

Although you neglected to say that on page 90,

1)that the electronic nannies can't be disengaged
2) Lexus sabotage your lap is legion
3) Won't do a burn out.

For the above reasons the testers where annoyed by that

When Lexus came out with the IS-F Sedan their tag line was , "exploring the outer limits of adhesion." Because you were are able to turn off the nannies.

Still for the price differential between the 2 vehicles price as tested Mustang 45,885 and the Lexus RC-F 73,225, a savings of 27,370K which can go into suspension mods and a Roush supercharger, if you really want to get crazy. The rest you can bank and invest into a retirement.

Honestly, the outgoing IS-F sedan is really the winner ( if you have to have an "F"), and the ones that own it have a very track capable car, personally I would get the sedan over the coupe as what they are saying the 2 are identical in regards to 0-60 times. And the outgoing sedan can be had in the used market at a very affordable price.
Old 11-17-14, 09:22 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to admit with magna ride and NA 5.2 V8, GT350 looks and sounds delicious
Old 11-17-14, 02:26 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NewSpace
I have to admit with magna ride and NA 5.2 V8, GT350 looks and sounds delicious
Agreed Don't forget the Flat Plane Crank!!!!! Motor will spool up to 8000 RPM'S and put out over 500HP and 400LB-FT torque. A purpose built vehicle, this will be a car to own and collect...so much so, I put my order in to buy this beast( #1 on the list, and going by later to put my deposit down).

They say, it'll be at the LA Auto show and as of now it is at the Carroll Shelby Museum being displayed.

Let me add, as you've mentioned the exhaust note is insane, due in part to the FPC and the firing order of the V-8,. As another reviewer has mentioned ,that the Ferrari exhaust sound comes from the exact same firing order as the new 5.2 FPC motor

Last edited by Civic Si-r; 11-17-14 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-17-14, 02:29 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Agreed Don't forget the Flat Plane Crank!!!!! Motor will spool up to 8000 RPM'S and put out over 500HP and 400LB-FT torque. A purpose built vehicle, this will be a car to own and collect...so much so, I put my order in to buy this beast( #1 on the list, and going by later to put my deposit down).

They say, it'll be at the LA Auto show and as of now it is at the Carroll Shelby Museum being displayed.
You are smart. This will be a beast and a game-changer. Congrats! Oh, how much?
Old 11-17-14, 02:51 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NewSpace
You are smart. This will be a beast and a game-changer. Congrats! Oh, how much?
Pricing has not been officially released. The guys over at the Mustang forum I've joined speculate around 55-60K....will see. I have a good relationship with the Ford sales person, I've seen him at the Supercar Sun over the years. Last week he brought the Mustang 5.0 with PP and Magnetic...simply beautiful car. The week before he had a black one equally as beautiful, but the Magnetic really shows the lines well.
Old 11-17-14, 02:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The 8000+ rpm redline is a killer. Cannot imagine how good a big V8 will sound at those speeds. This thing is a beast.

Extremely happy Ford is going the racing route and putting an old fashion screaming V8 in a track car. Who says high-revving engines are dead?

Let me add, as you've mentioned the exhaust note is insane, due in part to the FPC and the firing order of the V-8,. As another reviewer has mentioned ,that the Ferrari exhaust sound comes from the exact same firing order as the new 5.2 FPC motor

Shelby GT350 Mustang revealed! 500+ HP Flat Plane Crank powered - YouTube
Old 11-17-14, 07:47 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Nothing better than unveiling the car where it was born, wish I could have been there. I guess I'll have to wait till this Fri to see the car. My sales rep will be at the LA Auto show, so hopefully I will have a chance to see it up close and personal.

Here it sing!!!!!! It's all business

Unveiling of Shelby GT350
Old 11-17-14, 08:46 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

8200 RPM REDLINE!!! This thing is going to sing!!! Wow..... I would seriously consider this if I'm in a market for a 60k coupe
Attached Thumbnails RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT-01416276827.jpeg  
Old 11-17-14, 09:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Wow! Just wow! a 5.2 Liter V8 screaming to over 8000 rpm. Is this the highest revving production muscle car ever?

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
8200 RPM REDLINE!!! This thing is going to sing!!! Wow..... I would seriously consider this if I'm in a market for a 60k coupe
Old 11-17-14, 09:52 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds and Looks AWESOME!!!
(Racing stripe needs to go though...)

Old 11-18-14, 12:15 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Wow! Just wow! a 5.2 Liter V8 screaming to over 8000 rpm. Is this the highest revving production muscle car ever?
Not only for highest production muscle car, highest 5.0+ V8 ever. All V8 that revs over 8k before has been well under 5.0 litters

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RCF vs 2015 Mustang GT