RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any possibility of "Asian Delivery"

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-14, 01:05 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think about the tracks you'd take it up in Japan... Tsukuba, Fuji, Motegi and more, all in your very own RCF!

Check out how much fun the F80 M3/M4 owners are having when they do their pickup in less than two weeks here.
Old 06-26-14, 12:48 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS300eR
Check out how much fun the F80 M3/M4 owners are having when they do their pickup in less than two weeks here.
As of this week for the F80 M3/M4 group European Delivery, check it out HERE.
Old 06-26-14, 08:53 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The group euro delivery is a once in a lifetime experience and AWESOME.
Old 06-26-14, 03:43 PM
TheBatman
Driver

One thing can be certain, they will inevitably forget something with the order.
Old 06-26-14, 09:01 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets put it this way, when I was touring the Nurburgring Nordschleife, while chatting with many drivers making a pit-stop at the Devil's Dinner, a good percentage of the drivers were actually from the UK... so going back to the concern with driving on the different side of the road, if the Brits have no problem whatsoever to adapt, why can't we do it too?
That has nothing to do with what I said earlier in response to your comments. You had mentioned that European Delivery participants drive their cars from Germany to UK during their trips. I said that it's probably a rare occurence due to the distance.

It is probably much more common for UK drivers to drive into LHD countries for vacation and such... just like Americans drive long distances on vacation, but when you live in the UK, the likelihood of being exposed to LHD and RHD is much higher. Additionally, the UK drivers you ran into were at a race track.

I lived in Germany for 9 years. I rarely saw any RHD cars on the road.

Anyways, for the distance, it's not that bad, besides the crossing through water by boat, the actual driving is no further than going from the Bay to LA.
No it is not. It is much farther. Munich to London is 700 miles. San Francisco to LA is 380 miles.
Old 06-26-14, 09:07 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Of course, I was just in Germany 2 months ago; but when I was in Japan a few years back, driving RHD on the left side wasn't hard at all, plus the road condition AND the driver's etiquette are far better than here in the states.
Yes, but you are talking about an auto manufacturer starting a program that puts customers who are used to driving left hand drive cars into a right hand drive country, while driving a left hand drive car. Corporate risk is measured by the least common denominator. Just because some people are able to adapt quickly does not mean that all or most can.

I highly doubt that Lexus, who doesn't even allow it's drivers to use navigation or telephone functions while driving, is amenable to what you are suggesting.
Old 06-27-14, 04:53 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jre002
That has nothing to do with what I said earlier in response to your comments. You had mentioned that European Delivery participants drive their cars from Germany to UK during their trips. I said that it's probably a rare occurence due to the distance.
It has something to do with it, just because the distance between UK & Germany is not quick, doesn't mean folks don't make the trip. What I wanted to point out was, if you think folks from the land of RHD can adapt to LHD, it can work the other way around too; when your auto insurance or DMV authorize you an international license, it does not limit you to drive in nations that are LHD-only.

It is probably much more common for UK drivers to drive into LHD countries for vacation and such... just like Americans drive long distances on vacation, but when you live in the UK, the likelihood of being exposed to LHD and RHD is much higher. Additionally, the UK drivers you ran into were at a race track.
More common than...? Last I checked, there were tons of folks from the Arab nation (LHD's) taking vacation AND driving, driving a lot, in the UK for vacation. The difference? Cars were transported in via jumbo jet, but that's about it. And that's just one of many examples. Folks in Japan are exposed to LHD vehicles just as much as UK, if not higher, not sure where you're going with this tangent. And these UK tourists at Nurburgring, granted it being a race track, was just one of many examples, as I saw many at the hotels I stayed in during the Germany trip that many Englishman travels by car/driving for business, so it's not just at the race track.

I lived in Germany for 9 years. I rarely saw any RHD cars on the road
Now that, has nothing to do whatsoever with the topic of this thread. But hey, I'd like to hit you up for some traveling tips when I head out to Germany again.

But if person referrence matters to you, I've driven in Japan several times during multiple visits (including the first time), I've friends that traveled with me from the states and drove there, no problemo.

No it is not. It is much farther. Munich to London is 700 miles. San Francisco to LA is 380 miles.
Oh yesssirr it is! London to Nurburgring is just 388 miles if you take a look HERE with more than 8-miles of non-driving (by boat/ship when going across the water), and SF to LA is 381 miles if you take a look HERE that is ALL DRIVING. So to recall again, the "driving" is shorter for these Brits going from London to the Ring than from SF to LA.

Yes, but you are talking about an auto manufacturer starting a program that puts customers who are used to driving left hand drive cars into a right hand drive country, while driving a left hand drive car. Corporate risk is measured by the least common denominator. Just because some people are able to adapt quickly does not mean that all or most can.
Nope, I'm not talking about "putting" customers in that situation, but "giving an option" to those customers that would like to enjoy their F car from the origin, being able to witness how the car is produce from the start, to be able to see the quality with their own naked eyes, believing in this brand and what this brand offers, going in places from the traveling in the heart of Japan, on the track or on the street, embrace the moments and the overall experience of a life-time.

Neither of these euro auto manufacturers that offer the oversea delivery are at risk because that's what the insurance (either from the manufacturers to buyers when purchasing, or at the buyers' own responsibility) is for. The only thing the corporate cares about as far as risk goes, is if it will be worth it to gain both short & long term profitability; buyer's adaptation to driving on a foreign land is at the buyer's own risk, doesn't matter what side a car is being driven on. Otherwise, these auto manufacturers in Europe could have instructed folks from oversea not to drive their cars into UK, but they DID NOT, and that already should have answered your repeated concern.

I highly doubt that Lexus, who doesn't even allow it's drivers to use navigation or telephone functions while driving, is amenable to what you are suggesting.
I doubt Lexus would offer this too, or at least not in the short term since they're always 10-steps behind in vehicle-development for the past decade, and especially with their own customer like yourself having doubts. Even if this do takes into their consideration, the production of Lexus LF-LC will probably be on the road already before this program takes place.
Old 06-27-14, 04:57 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheBatman
The jokes that this thread is capable of.
Originally Posted by keyframe13
True...sometimes you just need to shake your head and let them be...
Old 06-27-14, 05:05 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexFather
Unfortunately that isn't happening any time soon.
Bummer.
Old 06-27-14, 05:06 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
They could do a "Canada Delivery" since they produce LHD RX
A drive back from Canada through the back roads sound like lots of road-trip-fun!.
Old 06-27-14, 10:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

David, it's wishful thinking... But Highly unlikely...

I know of several LFA's owners who got to head to Japan Motomachi Factory, but they still didn't get to drive their car or take delivery..

Still have my number ??

~ Joe Z
Old 06-27-14, 03:51 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yesssirr it is! London to Nurburgring is just 388 miles if you take a look HERE with more than 8-miles of non-driving (by boat/ship when going across the water), and SF to LA is 381 miles if you take a look HERE that is ALL DRIVING. So to recall again, the "driving" is shorter for these Brits going from London to the Ring than from SF to LA.
You realize that you cherry-picked a location in the western-most part of Germany to compare distances, right? I picked Munich, as that is the location where BMW is headquartered. I believe that is where people pick up their cars for European delivery. Nobody is picking up their cars at the Nurburgring, AFAIK. Therefore, in the context of our discussion, your example is apples to oranges.

The rest of your points, I'm not going to argue, because it seems you are willing to defend them at any costs, ignoring reason and/or extrapolating from my comments points I did not make.
Old 06-27-14, 07:07 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

You realize that you cherry-picked a location in the western-most part of Germany to compare distances, right? I picked Munich, as that is the location where BMW is headquartered. I believe that is where people pick up their cars for European delivery. Nobody is picking up their cars at the Nurburgring, AFAIK. Therefore, in the context of our discussion, your example is apples to oranges.
It was not a comparison, but a direct reference, to the folks that I met whom drove from UK to Germany, here was the full context:

Lets put it this way, when I was touring the Nurburgring Nordschleife, while chatting with many drivers making a pit-stop at the Devil's Dinner, a good percentage of the drivers were actually from the UK... so going back to the concern with driving (a little racist to call it the "wrong" side, I'd just call it) on the different side of the road, if the Brits have no problem whatsoever to adapt, why can't we do it too? ... no pun intended, felt like I've just raised another social/political topic for no reason hahaha

Anyways, for the distance, it's not that bad, besides the crossing through water by boat, the actual driving is no further than going from the Bay to LA.
But if your concern or comparison was a distance between Munich to London (as in reverse direction of going from Germany to UK) of being too far, that can be proven wrong by simply visit some of the threads HERE; personally, I drove over 2600km within two weeks during my trip, and This fella drove over 6000km for a little over 3 weeks. So you see, that couple hundreds of KM in distance doesn't stand in the way, whatsoever. Those that take delivery of the car in Munich from BMW, in Ingolstadt from Audi, in Stuttgart from MB/Porsche... they go EVERYWHERE in Europe, doesn't matter if its UK, France, Italy..etc.

The rest of your points, I'm not going to argue, because it seems you are willing to defend them at any costs, ignoring reason and/or extrapolating from my comments points I did not make.
Just my .02 for your apples & oranges.
Old 06-27-14, 07:12 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheBatman
One thing can be certain, they will inevitably forget something with the order.
That reminds me of this guy crying on Bimmerpost when BMW got his special-order of an Individual-color wrong during the last batch of E92M3 production, he got to the Welt to pick up the car just a day or two the plant stopped producing E9X completely, and there was nothing BMW could do besides giving him a full refund. But situation like this is rare though lol!
Old 06-27-14, 07:15 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
David, it's wishful thinking... But Highly unlikely...

I know of several LFA's owners who got to head to Japan Motomachi Factory, but they still didn't get to drive their car or take delivery..

Still have my number ??

~ Joe Z
JZ! hahaha yea I know I know, if driving/taking delivery in Japan's street can't happen right away, a factory tour along with museum tour & track driving would still be awesome!

Anyhow, what's new brotha? getting your SEMA products/projects ready in a few months? when you get to Vegas... call me, maybe? LOL

-Dave

Quick Reply: Any possibility of "Asian Delivery"