RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any possibility of "Asian Delivery"

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-14, 03:38 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any possibility of "Asian Delivery"

Really tempted to pick up one of these to beat around, I wonder if Lexus will be the first manufacturer from Japan to offer "Asian Delivery", that you get to fly to Japan and pick up the car from the delivery center there, take a factory & museum tour, drive in Japan for a week or two while tourist registration & insurance are all covered, then drop it off at the port or at the airport and they'll ship the car back to the dealership you order the car from... Similar to the "European Delivery" that BMW/MB/Audi/Porsche/Volvo offers, with incentives that are enough $-back to cover the down-payment, flight/hotels, etc!
Old 05-31-14, 04:23 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a bad idea because Japan is a RHD country.
Old 05-31-14, 06:22 PM
TheBatman
Driver

The jokes that this thread is capable of.
Old 05-31-14, 06:57 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheBatman
The jokes that this thread is capable of.
True...sometimes you just need to shake your head and let them be...
Old 05-31-14, 08:28 PM
LexFather

Unfortunately that isn't happening any time soon.
Old 05-31-14, 11:11 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

The Asian delivery program would last 1 month after Lexus realizes that 90% of the cars end up in horrible accidents because everyone is driving them on the wrong side of the road.
Old 06-01-14, 12:11 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

They could do a "Canada Delivery" since they produce LHD RX
Old 06-06-14, 04:38 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jre002
It would be a bad idea because Japan is a RHD country.
Folks that did doing European Delivery with the Euro brands have taken the car to UK (any EU nation would allow the tourist/export plate & tourist driver license), don't really see this as a big problem, some 15 minutes driver education is good enough to remind such small detail, that was about the amount of time I was given to learn the system when I picked up a car in Munich earlier this year regarding their traffic laws.
Old 06-06-14, 04:55 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

The Asian delivery program would last 1 month after Lexus realizes that 90% of the cars end up in horrible accidents because everyone is driving them on the wrong side of the road.
That's what insurance is for! If it has helped to boost the sales of BMW/MB so they discount their cars for at least 7% (some got as deep as 15%), Audi for at least 5%, and Volvo advertising at least 10% (reported over 15% and close to 20%), while the programs have been successful for these brans in the past decade or two, really shows why their communities have a great rate of return-customers.

Either way, wouldn't you, as a consumer, like to save more $ on the car, have the car built exactly the way you want instead of what the dealer stocks in order for that weak discount, an excuse to tour Japan with your own car (if leasing, you can do it annually), and an overall experience of a lifetime?

Looking at the big picture from Lexus' side of perspective, it would help Lexus to achieve higher brand loyalty, and bring more regular owners (not just here because of modding the car) to this community and join the events like The Pursuit.

If this gets a "go", the next stage would be a "re-delivery" to a performance center or driving academy, but that's an entirely separate discussion for another day.
Old 06-06-14, 06:58 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS300eR
That's what insurance is for! If it has helped to boost the sales of BMW/MB so they discount their cars for at least 7% (some got as deep as 15%), Audi for at least 5%, and Volvo advertising at least 10% (reported over 15% and close to 20%), while the programs have been successful for these brans in the past decade or two, really shows why their communities have a great rate of return-customers.

Either way, wouldn't you, as a consumer, like to save more $ on the car, have the car built exactly the way you want instead of what the dealer stocks in order for that weak discount, an excuse to tour Japan with your own car (if leasing, you can do it annually), and an overall experience of a lifetime?

Looking at the big picture from Lexus' side of perspective, it would help Lexus to achieve higher brand loyalty, and bring more regular owners (not just here because of modding the car) to this community and join the events like The Pursuit.

If this gets a "go", the next stage would be a "re-delivery" to a performance center or driving academy, but that's an entirely separate discussion for another day.
You realize Germany is a LHD country like the USA, right?
Old 06-06-14, 06:59 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Folks that did doing European Delivery with the Euro brands have taken the car to UK (any EU nation would allow the tourist/export plate & tourist driver license), don't really see this as a big problem, some 15 minutes driver education is good enough to remind such small detail, that was about the amount of time I was given to learn the system when I picked up a car in Munich earlier this year regarding their traffic laws.
I'm sure a handful of people do that, but it's got to be pretty rare. It's not a quick drive over to the UK from Germany.
Old 06-08-14, 07:32 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really tempted to pick up one of these to beat around, I wonder if Lexus will be the first manufacturer from Japan to offer "Asian Delivery", that you get to fly to Japan and pick up the car from the delivery center there, take a factory & museum tour, drive in Japan for a week or two while tourist registration & insurance are all covered, then drop it off at the port or at the airport and they'll ship the car back to the dealership you order the car from... Similar to the "European Delivery" that BMW/MB/Audi/Porsche/Volvo offers, with incentives that are enough $-back to cover the down-payment, flight/hotels, etc!
Perhaps it's just me but shouldn't it be considered "Japanese Delivery" and not "Asian Delivery"?
Old 06-09-14, 12:40 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dat dude
Perhaps it's just me but shouldn't it be considered "Japanese Delivery" and not "Asian Delivery"?
then with BMW/MB/Pcar/Audi it would be German Delivery, but they still call it "European Delivery"; thus... yea. hahaha
Old 06-09-14, 12:44 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

You realize Germany is a LHD country like the USA, right?
Of course, I was just in Germany 2 months ago; but when I was in Japan a few years back, driving RHD on the left side wasn't hard at all, plus the road condition AND the driver's etiquette are far better than here in the states.
Old 06-09-14, 12:53 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

I'm sure a handful of people do that, but it's got to be pretty rare. It's not a quick drive over to the UK from Germany.
Lets put it this way, when I was touring the Nurburgring Nordschleife, while chatting with many drivers making a pit-stop at the Devil's Dinner, a good percentage of the drivers were actually from the UK... so going back to the concern with driving (a little racist to call it the "wrong" side, I'd just call it) on the different side of the road, if the Brits have no problem whatsoever to adapt, why can't we do it too? ... no pun intended, felt like I've just raised another social/political topic for no reason hahaha

Anyways, for the distance, it's not that bad, besides the crossing through water by boat, the actual driving is no further than going from the Bay to LA.

Quick Reply: Any possibility of "Asian Delivery"