RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Motortrend Interview: F vs. //M Engineers Responses

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 05:04 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Wonder if Biermann feels real dumb now that the F is out and being praised moreso than initially thought
Old 11-04-14, 05:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Wonder if Biermann feels real dumb now that the F is out and being praised moreso than initially thought
The snob must feel stupid considering how he insulted the RC-F V8 by claiming the M4 has a "motorsports engine" while the RC-F has "just a big V8". I knew him calling a turbo inline-6 "Motorsports engine" was a huge red flag as to how he is trying to inject M marketing on an engine that does not meet the criteria.

As it turns out, Randy Pobst kept calling the RC-F engine "a race motor" while he had nothing really positive to say about the M4 engine other than the thick midrange torque.
Old 11-04-14, 06:33 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You remember the "Horsepower-Race"? Now it has ended under pretext of focus of saving weight. However now there is a worse race going on: "Torque-Race". They all want 1,000,000 Nm torque from 0 RPM. Must get a rocket, not a car. While power without control is nothing, torque without traction useless.

M3/M4 is a failure. Still best thing BMW has, but anyway, could have been better. If BMW M had improved the S65, I would then tend to it over RC F.
Old 11-04-14, 07:20 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Lexus and Mercedes stuck with V8s, BMW just looks silly with the Lancer Evo'ed up inline 6. The new AMG 4.0 V8TT engine is a huge favorite of mine now.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 11-04-14 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 08:22 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
He probably won't even try driving one. There are unfortunately many hardcore German car fanboys that refuse to even consider test driving one, because it just couldn't possibly be as good as their beloved marques. I do point out to them that we're car enthusiasts, and not badge enthusiasts, but they don't quite see it that way. Like a friend of mine was recently shopping for a coupe, and I told him to look at the RC and he was quite interested based on pics/videos, but his partner flat out refuses to consider/test drive it when it arrives later this month because her words were "I drive a BMW, and it's much better than a tarted up Toyota".

Sigh. You can't win everyone over. I told her it's her loss, I mean, if they test drove an RCF and a M4 and decided the M4 is better, I'd be cool with that, but to not even consider or test drive a car because of it's badge imo is pretty silly.
Old 11-05-14, 07:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Nights
He probably won't even try driving one. There are unfortunately many hardcore German car fanboys that refuse to even consider test driving one, because it just couldn't possibly be as good as their beloved marques. I do point out to them that we're car enthusiasts, and not badge enthusiasts, but they don't quite see it that way. Like a friend of mine was recently shopping for a coupe, and I told him to look at the RC and he was quite interested based on pics/videos, but his partner flat out refuses to consider/test drive it when it arrives later this month because her words were "I drive a BMW, and it's much better than a tarted up Toyota".

Sigh. You can't win everyone over. I told her it's her loss, I mean, if they test drove an RCF and a M4 and decided the M4 is better, I'd be cool with that, but to not even consider or test drive a car because of it's badge imo is pretty silly.
Well said. Despite our subjective tastes, any true car enthusiast would try to drive as many cars as they could in their lifetime