Print Wikipost

2015 Lexus RC / RC F Pre-Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-14, 08:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
like i said this is a good feature for regular cars like rc350. for a hard core sports car? i can care less. on my m3 i never bother to change settings and i never had problems with any kind of roads, coz' i knew what kind of car i was getting into already. and the lfa doesn't have any setting changes either
I want to make sure my infant baby daughter is comfortable. Good thing, the RC-F will come with the Super Sport tires and they are the best track/road combination tires right now.

My 11 year old 200 HP XRS is setup for the road courses complete with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires so it is brick hard, but my infant daughter sleeps through the entire drive even with some choppiness on rough roads. The super sports are just incredible and unreal tires. I have never seen anything like these tires that handle so well and have such a crisp turn-in response, but still are not harsh over bumpy roads and don't tramline.

I guess, ride quality in the RC-F will only be much better than my XRS.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-04-14 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-06-14, 10:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I want to make sure my infant baby daughter is comfortable. Good thing, the RC-F will come with the Super Sport tires and they are the best track/road combination tires right now.

My 11 year old 200 HP XRS is setup for the road courses complete with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires so it is brick hard, but my infant daughter sleeps through the entire drive even with some choppiness on rough roads. The super sports are just incredible and unreal tires. I have never seen anything like these tires that handle so well and have such a crisp turn-in response, but still are not harsh over bumpy roads and don't tramline.

I guess, ride quality in the RC-F will only be much better than my XRS.
i am glad you realize tires make huge impact on ride comfort. fwiw my m3 with hardest settings and michelin ps2, my infant daughter back then still loved it and slept just fine. so many people they went cheap on other brands and ended up harsher rides and less grip
Old 08-06-14, 11:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am glad you realize tires make huge impact on ride comfort. fwiw my m3 with hardest settings and michelin ps2, my infant daughter back then still loved it and slept just fine. so many people they went cheap on other brands and ended up harsher rides and less grip
Agreed. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport are dream tires. I always used to think you need to get used to harshness in order to have stickiness, response and lateral grip until I got the Michelin PSS. That changed everything.

I would highly recommend these to anyone. I used to have Continental ExtremeContact DW (similar "Max Performance" as PSS) and they tramlined all over the place, rode really harsh over bumpy roads and had soft firewalls. Then, uneven tread wear resulted in me tossing them out.

The Michelin PSS handle extremely well and are very responsive with a crisp initial turn-in and rigid at high speeds to keep the car stable, yet they are comfortable over bumpy roads and don't tramline at all.

I don't know how Michelin managed to make such a tire that does everything so well.
Old 08-10-14, 03:26 PM
Furge
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Clearly, you are not looking hard enough, if you can't see it. There were numerous hints made to you in the thread such as, "mouse over on the plus sign at the rear", which reveals a bubble with information in it on AVS. Click on the RC-F to get the 3 plus signs to display.
Huh?! It seems like you're the only one seeing something that is NOT there!
Old 08-10-14, 06:09 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Furge
Went through the microsite several times and I didn't see any mention of adjustable suspension.
Here you go..

2015 Lexus RC / RC F Pre-Order Guide-uzl1f6c.png
Old 09-20-14, 07:02 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
In the engine bay the strut bar is perched over the shock towers by some kinda covering. The covers look about the size of what the AVS actuators are. Otherwise why have this funky casing over the shock tower?

This engine is hot! Love it.
Old 10-16-14, 05:54 AM
billdwong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications the shock absorbers are "electronically controlled".

SUSPENSION (FRONT)
Independent, double-wishbone with forged-aluminum components, coil springs, gas-pressurized electronically controlled shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar

SUSPENSION (REAR)
Independent, multilink with forged-aluminum components, coil springs, gas-pressurized electronically controlled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
Old 10-17-14, 09:53 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billdwong
According to http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications the shock absorbers are "electronically controlled".

SUSPENSION (FRONT)
Independent, double-wishbone with forged-aluminum components, coil springs, gas-pressurized electronically controlled shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar

SUSPENSION (REAR)
Independent, multilink with forged-aluminum components, coil springs, gas-pressurized electronically controlled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
So, is it fair to say that there IS adjustable suspension, but it's adjustment is incorporated into selectable functions and not selectable outside of these specific driving modes?
Old 10-21-14, 12:08 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just tried to order my RC F. Local dealer (Pleasanton) told me they couldn't order a la carte options and that Lexus would only produce fully optioned with $4400 premium package mandatory. THOUGHTS?
Old 10-21-14, 01:58 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

theres few ala carte options as shown here towards the bottom
http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/packages

When you get hte premium package the the intuitive park assist and premium L shaped LED lights are already included. Honestly the stuff in the Premium Package is what most people already wanted. Other than that theres Navi, ML/Navi, Cold Weather Package, and supposedly the TVD as a seperate option.
Old 10-22-14, 06:39 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
This engine is hot! Love it.
It would be even hotter if you tuck in a Joe Z intake in blue.
Old 10-22-14, 09:49 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Just tried to order my RC F. Local dealer (Pleasanton) told me they couldn't order a la carte options and that Lexus would only produce fully optioned with $4400 premium package mandatory. THOUGHTS?
1. They are not informed.
or
2. They only want to sell loaded cars.
Old 10-22-14, 05:19 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
It would be even hotter if you tuck in a Joe Z intake in blue.
You read my mind.....

Old 10-22-14, 05:41 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
1. They are not informed.
or
2. They only want to sell loaded cars.
All of the above. Happily I found a way to order exactly what I wanted. Now the wait begins...