Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2015 Lexus RC / RC F Pre-Order Guide

Old 07-05-14, 12:33 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350S
Just pre-ordered a Obsidian with Rioja Red interior RCF today at JM Lexus. Was told that it was going to be release in October. 5th on the list and I can't wait!
Sweet! We should throw an RCF release party lol.
Old 07-05-14, 01:25 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
So no adaptive suspension on the RC-F. Also, TVD has been bundled in the performance package only and not available as a standalone option. That sucks.
I thought it did......else what is "Sport+" for?
Old 07-05-14, 06:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by eoph
I thought it did......else what is "Sport+" for?
I was reading the standard specs from the brochure. I guess, it might not have full detailed list then. If there is a sport+ mode then AVS might be included.
Old 07-05-14, 10:16 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

I was reading the standard specs from the brochure. I guess, it might not have full detailed list then. If there is a sport+ mode then AVS might be included.
I'm basing it on the gauges:
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/03/2...trument-panel/
I think it is high unlikely the RCF wont' have sport+ for certain markets. What sport+ does exactly, i'm not too sure.
Old 07-06-14, 12:09 AM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eoph
I'm basing it on the gauges:
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/03/2...trument-panel/
I think it is high unlikely the RCF wont' have sport+ for certain markets. What sport+ does exactly, i'm not too sure.
Sport+ probably also tightens the steering and throttle response, as well as the suspension. That's what it usually does on other performance cars.
Old 07-13-14, 06:23 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

update to lexus website some interactive stuff about RCF

http://www.lexus.com/performance/#/p...ance/overview/
Old 07-13-14, 07:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
update to lexus website some interactive stuff about RCF

http://www.lexus.com/performance/#/p...ance/overview/
Good to know RC-F has adaptive variable suspension. It is a big deal for me.
Old 07-14-14, 05:56 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Thanks for all the informative posts in this thread. It helped me decide to do pre order a RC-F today at Arrowhead Lexus in AZ. I asked for Infrared paint and the Camel interior with CF roof and wing.

Now I need some help from you experts to get a feel for the trade in value of my 2008 IS-F. Edmounds shows $30.5k dealer trade in value. Is this as realistic number for 65k miles and excellent condition? Only mod is custom exhaust. I created a album of pictures of my IS-F today if anyone is interested in looking and is willing to give me some advice on what I might expect for trade in on an RC-F fully loaded given 65k miles my F, here is the Club Lexus link:
https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/1557928
I also I put a PDF on Dropbox.com with the same photos and a few more interior shots. (almost 40Mb)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21174582/Malm%20IS-F%202008%20PDFSlideShow.pdf

Being a Club Lexus lurker, instead of a poster, since the day that I bought the F, I dont have the post count or a member references to vouch for me to try to sell it on Club Lexus when the time comes. So I might just trade it in and take a little less or try Craigslist this fall. Please PM me with any comments so we dont sidetrack this thread.

Sidebar: I also asked Lexus HQ if I could see a RC-F in person at HQ to help with my Pre Order decision. This request was based on photos someone posted of the RC-F at HQ and I will be in Calif. next month. They said: The RC-F is no longer here at headquarters . The vehicle is currently on a marketing tour being studied and test driven by the press. We don't have a schedule for when the vehicle will be back at headquarters. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I recommend contacting your Lexus Customer relations manager or sales manager regarding RC availability. The Lexus RC is tentatively scheduled to start arriving this Fall. As we approach the launch date of the RC we will upload any new information we may have to www.Lexus.com. The retail delivery of the new RC will be the responsibility of our Lexus dealers. My dealer does not have any more Pre Order info than what has been posted in this thread and others on this site.

Rick
Old 07-14-14, 06:55 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The trade-in value is based on the "black book market" value, which in simple terms, is the wholesale price for a car. That means, the buyer party needs to keep profit margin (plus the cost for detailing the car for sale) for itself in order to in turn sell it to someone else.

You need to look at the "blue book market" value of your IS-F. That will be anywhere between $3.5 - 5k more than the black book value (depending on the condition) since that is precisely the market value of the car.

The major caveat is, you need to sell your car personally in order to fetch the blue book value. No dealership will give you the blue book value for your IS-F unless you can convince them to give you that. Sometimes, it does happen, but mostly in the case of cars the dealership is desperate to sell so they end up offering blue book value just to get the buyer to buy his next car.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by rjmalm
Thanks for all the informative posts in this thread. It helped me decide to do pre order a RC-F today at Arrowhead Lexus in AZ. I asked for Infrared paint and the Camel interior with CF roof and wing.

Now I need some help from you experts to get a feel for the trade in value of my 2008 IS-F. Edmounds shows $30.5k dealer trade in value. Is this as realistic number for 65k miles and excellent condition? Only mod is custom exhaust. I created a album of pictures of my IS-F today if anyone is interested in looking and is willing to give me some advice on what I might expect for trade in on an RC-F fully loaded given 65k miles my F, here is the Club Lexus link:
https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/1557928
I also I put a PDF on Dropbox.com with the same photos and a few more interior shots. (almost 40Mb)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21174582/Malm%20IS-F%202008%20PDFSlideShow.pdf

Being a Club Lexus lurker, instead of a poster, since the day that I bought the F, I dont have the post count or a member references to vouch for me to try to sell it on Club Lexus when the time comes. So I might just trade it in and take a little less or try Craigslist this fall. Please PM me with any comments so we dont sidetrack this thread.

Sidebar: I also asked Lexus HQ if I could see a RC-F in person at HQ to help with my Pre Order decision. This request was based on photos someone posted of the RC-F at HQ and I will be in Calif. next month. They said: The RC-F is no longer here at headquarters . The vehicle is currently on a marketing tour being studied and test driven by the press. We don't have a schedule for when the vehicle will be back at headquarters. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I recommend contacting your Lexus Customer relations manager or sales manager regarding RC availability. The Lexus RC is tentatively scheduled to start arriving this Fall. As we approach the launch date of the RC we will upload any new information we may have to www.Lexus.com. The retail delivery of the new RC will be the responsibility of our Lexus dealers. My dealer does not have any more Pre Order info than what has been posted in this thread and others on this site.

Rick
Old 07-14-14, 07:12 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

you can get a carmax price as a reference, if the dealer tries to lowball, you can use carmax's price to your advantage. They would at least match it, and plus you get the tax savings on that trade in
Old 07-14-14, 09:21 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Thanks for the education.
Blue Book Dealer Trading for a very good condition 2008 IS-F is $30.9k to 32.5 and my dealer, Arrowhead Lexus
said based on my pics $27k to $32k. Edmunds shows 30.2k, private party 32.5k, dealer retail $35.4k and if certified used $38.8.
I will take TehNgyen's suggested to get a Carmax price before the RC-F arrives.

Last edited by rjmalm; 07-17-14 at 12:35 PM. Reason: just an update with trade in prices
Old 07-20-14, 12:01 PM
kamiraa
Driver School Candidate

Dang I want one of these now!

I went test driving recently, and loved how the IS-F drove, but the interior is so dated, and the styling. The RC-F seems like the perfect fit right now . . .

When people are pre-ordering are you getting accurate pricing? Or just putting a small deposit down and let the pricing work itself out when it shows up?

I went into my local dealership which had a huge sign about pre-ordering. They said to expect around $80k, but had no real numbers.
Old 07-21-14, 06:13 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kamiraa
Dang I want one of these now!
When people are pre-ordering are you getting accurate pricing? Or just putting a small deposit down and let the pricing work itself out when it shows up?
With my pre order there was no detailed option or pricing info given to me that was different from pre option documentation posted in this thread. They took my small deposit and I was told it allow me a place in the queue and right of refusal and fully refundable. I did give them my option wish list. I got the general feeling that dealers do not always know what is going to get shipped to them right after the early production runs start.
Old 07-21-14, 09:26 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjmalm
With my pre order there was no detailed option or pricing info given to me that was different from pre option documentation posted in this thread. They took my small deposit and I was told it allow me a place in the queue and right of refusal and fully refundable. I did give them my option wish list. I got the general feeling that dealers do not always know what is going to get shipped to them right after the early production runs start.
It is my understanding that all carbon models (with torque vectoring) must be ordered. And for this model, I would plan on around $80K.
Old 07-27-14, 09:20 AM
Furge
Rookie

Good to know RC-F has adaptive variable suspension. It is a big deal for me.
It is a big deal for me too, but the RC F does not have adjustable suspension. You must have looked at the RC 350 F Sport, which does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Lexus RC / RC F Pre-Order Guide