2015 Lexus RC / RC F Pre-Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-14, 11:45 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFWes
The FRS is 166 in Length, 70 Width and 51 in Hieght

The RC is 185 In Length, 72 width and 54 in Hieght.

Thats close.
Mmm not really. Its not about 20" its about the amount of mass that is spread across the whole length proportionally. Just then you can see how much actual volume goes into in to those 20".
Old 05-01-14, 12:26 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

hood is going to be more massive because its a V8 hood vs a boxer 4. The FRS hood is really low compared to most cars almost like its a rear engine car.
Old 05-01-14, 05:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFWes
The FRS is 166 in Length, 70 Width and 51 in Hieght

The RC is 185 In Length, 72 width and 54 in Hieght.

Thats close.
lol as others mentioned, it's crazy to think this is close

IS - 184inches
LS - 200inches

by your definition those cars are in the same segment

outside of this topic, i am quite happy with all the other color variants i see so far
Old 05-01-14, 09:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Cannot believe how tiny the Lexus LFA looks. At 177 inches, it is as short as a Toyota Yaris (yeah, I know it is a 2 seater).

As much as I love the RC-F, from the front the steep chunky nose is still something that keeps bothering me. Next to the LFA with an ultra low hood line, it looks exaggerated.
The LFA is actually more compact than a 911. Pictures make it seem larger, in person it is quite compact which surely is one reason handling is so amazing. It is really a tidy car.
Old 05-02-14, 10:02 AM
lcooper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received an email from Westside Lexus in Houston states that the RC-F will be tentatively priced starting in the mid-70s. I called the salesperson who sent the email to inquire about that price, as it seems significantly higher than expected. He said that they were told to expect the RC-F "base" was indeed mid-70s and that the carbon package would be priced around $83k. I asked if that included dealer mark-up due to demand, but he said that was the MSRP.

It seems that Lexus will be pricing themselves out of a target market that includes the M4 unless this changes. The salesman didn't seem to concerned when I mentioned this, stating that the demand for the volume they plan to produce didn't worry them and didn't particularly mind the suggestion at going the M4 route instead. Some sales skills...

Hopefully that's a severe overestimation of the actual price, but there's no way I would put down a non-refundable deposit on a car at that price point.
Old 05-02-14, 10:56 AM
redshift1
Driver School Candidate

Will skip at 75K, better deals for MB's and Vettes. That said everything is speculation at this point.
Old 05-02-14, 11:03 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Honestly I don't really care what the price is. After owning several exotics, and missing out on the LF-A, I'm glad Lexus is coming out with the RC F. I gave the dealer my specs, and said just "get it". Lexus will have no problems selling all they can make, even if it's $80K.
Old 05-02-14, 11:58 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

are people really going to flip flop between cars for $7k? Would think that if you're in the market at this price, your mind is already made up.
Old 05-02-14, 01:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Your dealership is flat out wrong. They are simply pulling a number out of the air.

There is already a brochure out posted by a member here with pricing on it. Loaded RC-F for $70,000 and carbon package for $77,000.

That is exceptionally competitive pricing.

Originally Posted by lcooper
I received an email from Westside Lexus in Houston states that the RC-F will be tentatively priced starting in the mid-70s. I called the salesperson who sent the email to inquire about that price, as it seems significantly higher than expected. He said that they were told to expect the RC-F "base" was indeed mid-70s and that the carbon package would be priced around $83k. I asked if that included dealer mark-up due to demand, but he said that was the MSRP.

It seems that Lexus will be pricing themselves out of a target market that includes the M4 unless this changes. The salesman didn't seem to concerned when I mentioned this, stating that the demand for the volume they plan to produce didn't worry them and didn't particularly mind the suggestion at going the M4 route instead. Some sales skills...

Hopefully that's a severe overestimation of the actual price, but there's no way I would put down a non-refundable deposit on a car at that price point.
Old 05-02-14, 01:18 PM
redshift1
Driver School Candidate

I replied to the email and received a response from the internet rep at South County Lexus. I replied asking for any guesses as to leasing but no reply so far.
Old 06-25-14, 10:50 AM
cdo221
Driver School Candidate

Since the RC 300H (hybrid version) isn't on the brochure, is it safe to assume that it won't be coming to the USA?
Old 06-25-14, 12:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Honestly I don't really care what the price is. After owning several exotics, and missing out on the LF-A, I'm glad Lexus is coming out with the RC F. I gave the dealer my specs, and said just "get it". Lexus will have no problems selling all they can make, even if it's $80K.
Signature worthy!!!
Old 06-25-14, 01:29 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RC 200t
RC 300h
RC 350
RC F

It would be nice if we got all four in the States, but I'm not banking on it. I do think a hybrid luxury coupe could be a huge hit for Lexus though.
Old 06-25-14, 05:42 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lcooper

Expect $83k for the full package with carbon with options...just what it is. And it won't be for everyone, just as the ISF was not for the masses.

Last edited by ISF001; 06-25-14 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-25-14, 05:50 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Absolute price isn't the concern.....it is a question of value.

Quick Reply: 2015 Lexus RC / RC F Pre-Order Guide