RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2014 Geneva Auto Show - RC F SPORT & RC F GT3 pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-14, 06:27 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Well, it will be in my garage in January. . It's a bold statement, and it will not appeal to everyone.

Lexus is stepping out of the main stream with the F cars.
I agree that cars like that are not made for everyone. But even the base IS grills are getting bashed pretty badly by the press. The RCF goes beyond that.
Old 03-06-14, 08:21 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Uhhh, have you actually looked at how many cars they are selling? They trail the Germans by about three light years when you look at the cars outside of the Blue hair lady model (ES). Compare IS sales to the BMW 3 series, and the LS and GS sales to anything.
Last I checked, IS sedan sales are improving year on year both internationally and in the US.

Basically, the new IS is expanding the Lexus name in territories where traditionally it used to be non-existent , Europe especially and US IS sales are increasing month on month. The GS is doing the same to a smaller degree.

Lexus also has the Toyota behemoth's resources behind it. There's no objective reason for Lexus to be "desperate".

If anything, the cheapening of BMW's suspension parts (steel instead of lightweight more expensive aluminium, the move to go to stop-start to eke out the last mpg to meet CAFE but which every driving enthusiast hates, the hollowing out of the M-Sport badge where M-Sport means cosmetics rather than suspension upgrades, the fact that BMW sedan steering feel is now a joke rather than a traditional strength--just to save that little bit more mpg (reason : BMW doesn't have the luxury to fall back on fuel sippers like Prius to balance out fleet emissions unlike Lexus), the fact that the 3 and 5 series have gone from Ultimate Driving Machine to Ultimate Mercedes Clone in order to appeal to the middle ground and get those sales -- all these things are more objective evidence of BMW being "desperate" rather than your very subjective opinion of the beauty (or lack there-of )of Lexus' corporate grille.

Last edited by natnut; 03-06-14 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-09-14, 12:09 PM
Renaeis250
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loving that its a 2dr. what the price going to be on this?
Old 03-09-14, 01:08 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islandbeef
http://lexusenthusiast.com/

The Lexus RC F SPORT & RC F GT3 race car debuted at the Geneva Motor Show today

Whats up with this? Does Lexus want to show the race car or the cheerleaders that have their legs wide open? I love girls and I love cars, but this picture is just stupid.

OT
The F-sport looks better than the RC-F without the bulge on the nose, the opening on the hood and fenders.
Old 03-10-14, 10:35 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm very excited for the RC F sport

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Whats up with this? Does Lexus want to show the race car or the cheerleaders that have their legs wide open? I love girls and I love cars, but this picture is just stupid.
I totally agree.

You can pick your friend.
You can pick your nose.
BUT you can't pick your friend's nose
Old 03-10-14, 07:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So I have the choice of buying a 3 or 5 Series... or an ES... and being part of the "herd"? No thanks. Also, I find the BMWs as bland as you find the RC F Sport grille objectionable. Bangle may have designed ugly cars but at least they stood out. I'm glad Lexus is taking it in a different direction.
Old 03-11-14, 08:47 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I'm very excited for the RC F sport

I totally agree.

You can pick your friend.
You can pick your nose.
BUT you can't pick your friend's nose
LOL! Well put, and totally agree with both of you.