RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Engine -- Track Proven

Old 01-23-14, 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default RC F Engine -- Track Proven

This is somewhat related to the coming RC F. Lexus just leaked out news that the RC F engine has actually been running hard in the IS F CCS-R throughout most of 2013, going through the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb race and also the 25hr of Thunderhill race

Here's the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post8343171

Personally, I feel even better about this new car!!!
Old 01-23-14, 02:30 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-23-14, 01:55 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

So the engine goes through 2 events and all of a sudden it's race proven? Oh boy…pass the kool aid
Old 01-23-14, 02:50 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Just F Me
So the engine goes through 2 events and all of a sudden it's race proven? Oh boy…pass the kool aid
It's a modified 2UR-GSE ...

There are another half dozen or so CCSR's racing @ German & Japan Race Events..

This wasn't the only CCSR to receive the motor swap..

I am drinking the Kool-Aid right now..

~ Joe Z
Old 01-23-14, 03:25 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS-F CCR's also ran in the N24 last year. Im betting that Gazoo IS-C that ran later had the RC-F V8 in it as well.
Old 01-23-14, 06:17 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

~ Joe Z
What have they been running in the RC super GT500?
Old 01-23-14, 07:24 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

So we now know that the RC-F engine is a beast and that even high altitude and thin air is not a problem for this NA engine and that it continues to be unkillable even after 25hours of full-out full throttle racing.

Your move BMW M4....let's hope your high boost turbo engine can live with the monster that lurks under that RC-F hood.
Old 01-23-14, 11:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Here are a few more exclusive photos courtesy of Jim L. of Lexus USA. Seems like they are boxing up the new engine!

Again big thank you to Lexus USA for their support and information!

Old 01-24-14, 08:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

awesome... went back to the bench for testing :-)
Old 01-24-14, 09:00 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
So we now know that the RC-F engine is a beast and that even high altitude and thin air is not a problem for this NA engine and that it continues to be unkillable even after 25hours of full-out full throttle racing.

Your move BMW M4....let's hope your high boost turbo engine can live with the monster that lurks under that RC-F hood.
We also know there is SUBSTANTIAL racing heritage with the current V8.

The IS F was entered in the DMV Grenzlandrennen VLN 4h endurance race in August 2009 where it won the SP8 class. I believe it also won the class in 2010.

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 01-24-14, 09:47 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

~ Joe Z
Come on Joe…seriously?

Half a dozen? A whole 6 cars? So how many cars world wide? 8? 10? I'm just saying when you say TRACK/RACE PROVEN, that's a very STRONG statement. When you throw a car on the track, you run half a dozen, maybe even a dozen races, to me, that's not a race proven engine. You can say it's "TRACK TESTED".

The Porsche Metzger engine is a race proven engine. That engine design is the core design for all their 911 GT3 and GT3 cup cars. The thing is, Toyota/Lexus is just out right now trying to change their image, which I applaud, and are trying to bring more to the race/motorsport scene.

Toyota pulled out of Formula 1 because of cost and quite frankly, they never won anything after 139 races. Also, they just started a few years ago to join the WEC, but that technology right now probably isn't even closely related to what's in the IS F.

Porsche invests insane amounts of money into their motorsports division, a company with true motorsports history and heritage. They race on saturday and sunday, and sells cars on Monday.

Again…TRACK TESTED…and only some race tested. If Lexus decides to join the Tudor United Sports Car Championship and run a RC F…that I'd like to see.
Old 01-24-14, 10:23 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Talking

Come on Joe…seriously?

Half a dozen? A whole 6 cars? So how many cars world wide? 8? 10? I'm just saying when you say TRACK/RACE PROVEN, that's a very STRONG statement. When you throw a car on the track, you run half a dozen, maybe even a dozen races, to me, that's not a race proven engine. You can say it's "TRACK TESTED".

The Porsche Metzger engine is a race proven engine. That engine design is the core design for all their 911 GT3 and GT3 cup cars. The thing is, Toyota/Lexus is just out right now trying to change their image, which I applaud, and are trying to bring more to the race/motorsport scene.

Toyota pulled out of Formula 1 because of cost and quite frankly, they never won anything after 139 races. Also, they just started a few years ago to join the WEC, but that technology right now probably isn't even closely related to what's in the IS F.

Porsche invests insane amounts of money into their motorsports division, a company with true motorsports history and heritage. They race on saturday and sunday, and sells cars on Monday.

Again…TRACK TESTED…and only some race tested. If Lexus decides to join the Tudor United Sports Car Championship and run a RC F…that I'd like to see.

There are at least over a dozen or more CCSR's worldwide.

Look we can keep going back & fourth.. I know there is no pleasing you...

Maybe time for you to buy that Porsche that you are keeping your eyes on..

BTW, Porsche is constructing an entire Driving Experience center in Carson CA.. Perfect timing.

~ Joe Z
Old 01-24-14, 10:45 AM
LexFather

Come on Joe…seriously?

Keep in mind Lexus didn't make the thread title. I think what is trying to be said is they have extensively tested the engine. Clearly Lexus has not raced the engine competitively (not sure what engine the RC F in Super GT is running off the top of my head)

Few if any company can compete with Porsche when it comes to racing success and history. Apples to Oranges.
Old 01-24-14, 06:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

About 6 months ago, I saw a CCS-R video made by Lexus and it claimed the CCS-R makes 455 HP. At the time, I was skeptical and thought it must be a typo, but now it makes sense.
Old 01-24-14, 08:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Come on Joe…seriously?

I am not sure why do you take such great offence at Lexus race testing brand new engine before it goes to sale... You know the engine will last forever in any case. And not like every Porsche has had reliable engines, quite few did not.

As to the Toyota and F1, sure... and Porsche has great heritage. But no, you are not correct here - Porsche today does not invest insane amounts of money anymore. Toyota probably outspends Porsche when it comes to racing worldwide, easily. Does Porsche even have factory team in any of the major motorsport events? VW is not known for investing a lot money into motorsports.

Cool thing about Porsche is that their customers race their cars and a lot of 911's cups around. Lexus will never match that, and will likely never try. F models are small part of Lexus overall, while Porsche sells their cars based on that racing heritage.

But again, for the past maybe 40 years (and especially past 20), you got WRC, F1, NASCAR, Indy Car, Dakar, Super GT, Formula Nippon, plus all the small local events in many countries.

It is never going to be focused on a single car like Porsche, but sure it is silly to think of Toyota like your post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RC F Engine -- Track Proven