RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 06:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Awesome ..!!!

Thanks for sharing these estimated prices..

Sources tell me this is pretty solid / close info ..

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by kyo7878
Not sure if this has been posted before, here is what I got from my sales guy when I inquired about RC-F on Saturday:

He said I could put my name down with 0 deposit since I'm their loyal customer, so I did put my name down for a RC-F Carbon
Here is the twist though, he said they are only getting 6 RC-F carbon from Oct to the end of 2014 and they are all reserved, mine is more likely to be an early 2015 build....
Old 04-07-14, 08:32 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
Huge rip off, I'd take a GTR for the same money and spank that lexus all day in every way.
My thought too, I've driven a GTR and HIGHLY doubt Lexus will even come close to matching the craziness that is the GTR.
Old 04-07-14, 08:35 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Awesome ..!!!

Thanks for sharing these estimated prices..

Sources tell me this is pretty solid / close info ..

~ Joe Z
Perhaps I'm slow but when looking at the color chart does the "X" mean its available or not available for the package I want?
Old 04-07-14, 08:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
My thought too, I've driven a GTR and HIGHLY doubt Lexus will even come close to matching the craziness that is the GTR.
Since when did a $70K car become a competitor for a $105k+ car?

RC-F competes against the M4, C63 and RS5. It is just ludicrous and laughable to be comparing it against a GTR.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-05-18)
Old 04-07-14, 08:46 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Since when did a $70K car become a competitor for a $105k+ car?

RC-F competes against the M4, C63 and RS5. It is just ludicrous and laughable to be comparing it against a GTR.
You are right about that but this is based on a "new car" price. If we were to look at whats available for 70-80k used/new the GTR would come into play, this is why we are simply comparing it to that based on what else we can get for similar money.
Old 04-07-14, 09:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

You are right about that but this is based on a "new car" price. If we were to look at whats available for 70-80k used/new the GTR would come into play, this is why we are simply comparing it to that based on what else we can get for similar money.
The new vs used comparison is always completely illogical.

You can find a used Nissan GTR for $60K. Using your own analogy, the E92/E90 M3 sales would have been decimated because people would be picking up GTRs for the same price. However, reality is, GTR could not even put a dimple in the M3 sales, let alone a dent. Even without a single refresh, the M3 sales were very brisk up until its end of life cycle.

What I am trying to say is, people make their choices not merely on numbers. People pick other cars because they want more of what GTR does not do very well in return for giving up some of the numbers.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-07-14 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-07-14, 09:20 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

If the 77K is true for the Carbon model, count me in as a SERIOUS buyer.
Old 04-08-14, 08:39 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you havent heard how much the maintenance on a gtr is. Plus since your gonna have to buy used you better hope the prev owner didnt burn it out launching it. Id still take this brand new! lexus over a gtr, that will kill you to maintain.

People see the intial gtr price and say thats a super car for cheap, not knowning that nissan will make up the cost in maintenance. unless you can fix yourself
Old 04-08-14, 10:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
I assume you havent heard how much the maintenance on a gtr is. Plus since your gonna have to buy used you better hope the prev owner didnt burn it out launching it. Id still take this brand new! lexus over a gtr, that will kill you to maintain.

People see the intial gtr price and say thats a super car for cheap, not knowning that nissan will make up the cost in maintenance. unless you can fix yourself
applaud....

even if you know how to fix, it's still quite expensive. for those who don't know, just inquire about a full brake service... i always say price of gtr is just admission ticket to real exotic payment plan
Old 04-08-14, 10:39 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chris6878

If I were to be honest with you I don't care about maintenance costs when I buy a car. I am quite used to paying a lot for maintenance so for me it's all the same. As for the other people on this forum I can understand what you are saying; it's valid on many points.
Old 04-08-14, 11:24 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

77k is the same as a loaded m4.
Old 04-08-14, 11:27 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soupdawg
77k is the same as a loaded m4.
M4 is really really tempting but should I trade my peace of mind? One of the many questions I have before my purchase. Thanks for the reminder, though.
Old 04-08-14, 11:33 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dunno. i spent a lot of time on the m3 forums when i was searching for an e92. lot of people had them for over 100k without problems yet. i decided to pass ont he e92 to wait for the rcf but now im kind of regretting it. the e92 was a dream to drive and im sure the m4 will be great too. i was expecting lexus to undercut m4 pricing but pricing it the same against the car that has been king of this class since its debut is absurd.
Old 04-08-14, 11:35 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

If I were to be honest with you I don't care about maintenance costs when I buy a car. I am quite used to paying a lot for maintenance so for me it's all the same. As for the other people on this forum I can understand what you are saying; it's valid on many points.
In this price range, most buyers are smart enough to research about the maintenance cost of the GT-R and other cars. And there are alternatives for sure. Some people here assume that we have not done our due diligence..LOL.
Old 04-08-14, 11:40 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soupdawg
dunno. i spent a lot of time on the m3 forums when i was searching for an e92. lot of people had them for over 100k without problems yet. i decided to pass ont he e92 to wait for the rcf but now im kind of regretting it. the e92 was a dream to drive and im sure the m4 will be great too. i was expecting lexus to undercut m4 pricing but pricing it the same against the car that has been king of this class since its debut is absurd.
yeah, I heard that the S65 is pretty reliable and I agree that the E92 is a relatively dependable. I am just concerned about the turbo engine in the M4. We all know about the HPFP in the N54 engines and it might follow suit.

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)