RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-14, 04:01 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
nuluxe feels like real leather without the maintenance/conditioning, the wrinkling, being easily scratched whats there to not like? People that rode in my car didnt know until I told them.
I just don't like artificial or synthetic products. In sure it even smells different or gives off some strange odor. NuLux is just the modern day equivalent Corinthian Leather (a huge negative connotation). We're all thinking it ;p Plus, in my mind, I would know its not real.

I find leather very low maintenance, wipe it down once or twice a year with damp cloth, done!
Old 04-06-14, 04:21 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

it says Sport has heated/vent memory seats, and then carbon includes everything in sport as well as the other stuff
Old 04-06-14, 04:31 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
nuluxe feels like real leather without the maintenance/conditioning, the wrinkling, being easily scratched whats there to not like? People that rode in my car didnt know until I told them.
It's like how some manufacturers play fake sounds through the cars speakers. It's not a deal breaker, but in the back of my mind I would wish it was real, knowing that it's not.
Old 04-06-14, 05:59 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
What's your point?? The 2 cars aren't even compatible. GTR is a noisy, rough POS. Lexus is a refined, quality drivers car.
GT-R is a POS, really?
Old 04-06-14, 06:01 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eoph
Why not go further and say the Z28, or buying some used street legal race car off ebay then?
Why not? If the you are getting your money's worth and not just marketing.
Old 04-06-14, 06:33 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I said new.

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
For 70K you can find a 2011 GT-R that will spank the RC-F all day. For 75K you can buy a 2012 GT-R that will skin the RC-F alive. For 80K, I can buy a 2012 Black Edition or 2013 Premuim that will scalp the Carbon version of the RC-F. Go figure..
Old 04-06-14, 06:38 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexFather
That was beat to death by the previous owner.
Apples to oranges. We can also say we can buy a 40k S63 and tune it. Or we could say get a civic and drop some spoon engines that will draw a premium for race wars

Will there be some people to do what you are suggesting? Sure. Will there be 200-300 people a month that want a new Asian luxury V-8 sport coupe with a new warranty, new features and technology. Yes.

Godzilla is in a league of its own really. Its not RC F competition at all, unless you could GT 500 racing where the RC F just won 1,2 and the GTR 3
Yeah, I saw the video in your thread. Good for the RC-F GT500. I am looking for more performance in my next car, so I can appreciate this.
Old 04-06-14, 07:55 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Because of things let say like if I drive my parents or a date around, they wouldn't be very appreciative of a car without AC, the rock hard suspension, etc

We are all looking for value for the money, but value doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for everyone.
Old 04-06-14, 08:11 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Because of things let say like if I drive my parents or a date around, they wouldn't be very appreciative of a car without AC, the rock hard suspension, etc

We are all looking for value for the money, but value doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for everyone.

Exactly, after owning my ISF for 4 years already, my VALUE is more performance for the money. And the RC-F information available is not convincing me SO FAR of its value considering that I would have to pay more for the Carbon variant to get the performance that I desire. Peace.
Old 04-06-14, 08:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I guess, there is no difference between that analogy and those typical hater excuses on the internet who would ask you why you bought an IS-F when you could get an Evo X that spanks your IS-F around the race track and twice on sunday for half the price.

Or, why not just get an Evo IX and modify it for $60K with upgraded turbo and easily make it a low 9 second car beating nearly every stock car on the road? The list goes on.

Value is never about just numbers. It is great story for selling magazines, but real world buyers are far more demanding than that, It is alot more than that. Otherwise, we would see GTRs flying off the shelf and not sitting collecting dust with dismal sales (it was ranked one of the slowest selling car with the longest time on the lot) eaten by Porsche 911 sales (despite yearly aggressive updates).

SImply put to answer your question, personally most of us would not even look at a used Nissan GTR for the same reason you bought the IS-F over other similarly priced cars that would spank it all day (plenty in my city for less than $50K used) and planning on buying a RC-F because we could not care less about one dimensional numbers car .

I don't want a one-dimensional numbers car. I want a car that does everything well. Great luxury, versatility, acceleration, handling excitement, sound, N/A response (no lag). Everything.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-06-14 at 08:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-05-18)
Old 04-06-14, 08:23 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I guess, there is no difference between that analogy and those typical hater excuses on the internet who would ask you why you bought an IS-F when you could get an Evo X that spanks your IS-F around the race track and twice on sunday for half the price.

Or, why not just get an Evo IX and modify it for $60K with upgraded turbo and easily make it a low 9 second car beating nearly every stock car on the road. The list goes on.

Value is never about just numbers. It is alot more than that. Otherwise, we would see GTRs flying off the shelf and not sitting collecting dust with dismal sales eaten by Porsche 911 sales.

SImply put to answer your question, personally most of us would not even look at a used Nissan GTR for the same reason you bought the IS-F over other similarly priced cars that would spank it all day (plenty in my city for less than $50K used) and planning on buying a RC-F because we could not care less about one dimensional numbers car .

I don't want a one-dimensional numbers car. I want a car that does everything well. Great luxury, versatility, acceleration, handling excitement, sound, N/A response (no lag).
I learned my lesson about my IS-F that's why I am looking for more performance. But your analogy is flawed as the EVO is considered a down grade. And I am not talking about modded vehicles. But a stock brand new GT-R is an upgrade over brand new RC-F.

Last edited by Lexura1414; 04-06-14 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 10:13 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

I learned my lesson about my IS-F that's why I am looking for more performance. But your analogy is flawed as the EVO is considered a down grade. And I am not talking about modded vehicles. But a stock brand new GT-R is an upgrade over brand new RC-F.
There's nothing wrong with putting all the value on performance, as I have a track car myself. The issue is I think some of us think you're looking at the wrong car. None of the vehicles that the RC F competes with, such as the M4/C63/RS5 can hope to beat a GT-R on performance for the dollar.
Old 04-07-14, 10:05 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

There's nothing wrong with putting all the value on performance, as I have a track car myself. The issue is I think some of us think you're looking at the wrong car. None of the vehicles that the RC F competes with, such as the M4/C63/RS5 can hope to beat a GT-R on performance for the dollar.
I tend to agree but being a Lexus fanboy for a long time, I am giving Lexus a chance. Maybe, the RC-F will surprise us all. To be determined as everything is still not final yet.
Old 04-07-14, 04:45 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

For 70K you can find a 2011 GT-R that will spank the RC-F all day. For 75K you can buy a 2012 GT-R that will skin the RC-F alive. For 80K, I can buy a 2012 Black Edition or 2013 Premuim that will scalp the Carbon version of the RC-F. Go figure..
why dont you wait until 2018 and buy 2015 RC-F then for some $45k? It will be great value compared to 2018 GT-R or whatever else costs $80k at that time.
Old 04-07-14, 05:36 PM
Furge
Rookie

There is evidence that Lexus is trying to keep the cost down - which tells me (as a former Toyota Engineer), that the RC F will be priced BELOW comparable equipped M4s. This has been Lexus' strategy all along -- offer more features for less $.

So I bet the RC F will start at $65K (with more std features that the base M4, which is also around $65K).
Then fully-loaded the RC F will be UNDER $70K. There is NO WAY that the Lexus can command the same pricing as BMW. Right or wrong, it's a fact.

And there is evidence that Lexus is deliberately omitting features from the RC F to keep the cost low.
e.g. rear wheel steering - we have already seen the cutaway graphic showing it has it, and the chief engineer has not ruled it out in the future… but we know it will not have it for the 2015MY. Too bad.

Also, adaptive dampers. The IS F-sport and RC F-sport will have this feature. Why not the F?? Cost.
Don't tell me that most buyers would not want a supple ride on the highway. Ferrari's have it. Porsche's have it. Why would the F be any different? No reason, other than cost.

The silver lining to all of this is that the F will be under $70K. You can get all of the above in a Porsche 911 Turbo, but it will cost you over $100K.

STILL - I WISH LEXUS WOULD ALLOW A LA CARTE OPTIONS.

It's a REAL shame that they don't let buyers pick and choose their own options. I think we are not stupid. We should be entrusted to select what options we want.
If I want the LSD with the moonroof, I should be able to get it!!

It's so 1980, so American, to pigeon hole buyers into packages. Come on Lexus!

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)