miamiphoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the new RC-F!
Old 01-09-14, 02:25 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

i'm so excited about this car and if it as good as I think it is going to be i'll be back in a lexus in a few years.
Old 01-09-14, 03:06 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
why would you want to change the engine? how would isf engine be a upgrade?
I believe he means the RC-F engine would be an upgrade for the IS-F
Old 01-09-14, 03:14 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was really hoping for the RC-F to be lighter as well, if Chevy can do it with the C7, and BMW with the M4 why can't Lexus? What does the RC have that makes it weigh 500lb more than, say, the M4?
Old 01-09-14, 03:17 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF350
The car has badass looking sporty body except for the front end. If they can close the wide spreading open mouth at the bottom and use the current IS F grill on the upper part then this car would look more classy. See how the BMW, MB & Audi fronts look w/o too much awkward funky design. All these new F sport spindle grill with wide spreading open mouth can't last for long.
Agreed. The front end is my first issue with this car. I do like the rest of it though.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Ahhhhhhh... I got a major epiphany this morning..... I really want to upgrade to the RC-F but I can't spend $70K on a car right now. Guess I'll wait a few years til the used versions come out and depreciate.
This is my second issue. I don't want to spend more than the current IS-F. I guess I better order one ASAP before they cease production. I'm hoping to get one in the low $60K range.

Originally Posted by Rossi
With two doors only, I can't see myself choosing RC-F over 997 turbo or gt3.
This is not a show stopper, but I have two kids. They don't ride with me a lot, and they can climb into a coupe back seat. However, given my other two issues with the RC-F, the IS-F is turning out to be better choice for me.

-Mike
Old 01-09-14, 04:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

this looks so good..... i guess we can say the GS-F rear end will resemble this?
Old 01-09-14, 05:26 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Its so sexy.... drooling over everything. Interior/exterior color combos and options list please? Will be seeing one within the 2015 year. Only thing I find distasteful are the wheels

Last edited by darbs242; 01-09-14 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-09-14, 05:37 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take one in White please, thanks!
Old 01-09-14, 07:48 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
The Nissan GTR is a shade over 3,800lbs as well, and there aren't many people complaining about its performance ability. If Lexus delivers on the performance numbers like they say they will (dragstrip and road course lap times), then I'm not really all that worried about how much the car weighs. I mean who seriously buys a luxury sports coupe and then complains that it isn't "tossable" enough? The sound-deadning, electronic gizmos, leather, luxury, and other things that make a Lexus a Lexus are very much a part of this car. If you want something lightweight and tossable, then you should probably look to buy something a little more track-oriented. This is not going to be a pure sports car, nor is it meant to be.
This guy gets it.
Old 01-09-14, 07:49 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

The M5 isn't a pure sports car either but even the previous generations with 400 HP pulling on 4500+ lbs of weight were exalted as being very capable luxury sport(y) vehicles.
Old 01-09-14, 08:03 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

After reading how Lexus is going to compete in performance as well as price with the likes of the M4 and C63 AMG. Pricing is going to be a make or break deal. The current IS-F pricing is 62K, I'm sure when this coupe is released in late fall 2014, pricing is going to be closer to 70K.

Who's gonna be the baller and drop 70K
Old 01-09-14, 08:18 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
After reading how Lexus is going to compete in performance as well as price with the likes of the M4 and C63 AMG. Pricing is going to be a make or break deal. The current IS-F pricing is 62K, I'm sure when this coupe is released in late fall 2014, pricing is going to be closer to 70K.

Who's gonna be the baller and drop 70K
*Slowly raises hand*

It won't be mine, but my dad is in the market for a luxury sports car and I've put this one on his radar. He's ready to drop $100k cash (well, check) on any one of these luxury sports cars next year.

The RCF is nice because my dad writes checks for cars in full and drives them into the ground, and he's a pretty strong believer in japanese reliability. Although, he still has his eye on the likes of a 911 or an R8. That being said, reliability is huge for someone like him. He doesn't believe in leasing.

Unfortunately he doesn't like the front end of the RCF but he says it might grow on him and he'll have to test drive it.
Old 01-09-14, 08:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dmvp29

Unfortunately he doesn't like the front end of the RCF but he says it might grow on him and he'll have to test drive it.
To me it seems people don't like the pics but in person they come around. It is one of those designs you have to see in person. No its not pretty but it isn't meant to be. In a sea of sameness, this is quite refreshing…

There are 5 leather options inside as well.
Old 01-09-14, 10:05 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexFather
To me it seems people don't like the pics but in person they come around. It is one of those designs you have to see in person. No its not pretty but it isn't meant to be. In a sea of sameness, this is quite refreshing…

There are 5 leather options inside as well.
Oh yeah believe me you're speaking to the choir! I've personally grown to like it a lot.

i think it's amazing just how bland and boring other vehicles look after I've stared at the RCF/RC350 for a while

It's interesting - when the RC350 first came out I thought the design was near flawless except for the grill. Now that I see the RCF, I actually think the RC350's grill is quite a bit more reasonable and looks almost tame in comparison! The aggressiveness of the RCF has made my perception of the RC350 jump from a 9.5/10 to a 10/10.
Old 01-10-14, 01:03 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I was really hoping for the RC-F to be lighter as well, if Chevy can do it with the C7, and BMW with the M4 why can't Lexus? What does the RC have that makes it weigh 500lb more than, say, the M4?
Because the RC is a LUXURY SPORT COUPE!! The C7 is a SPORTS CAR!!

Quick Reply: The new RC-F... sign me up