RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics

Old 06-09-14, 09:13 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

As if a BMW/Audi/MB forum would be any better. Fanboys exist on both sides of the divide. Your sanctimony is misplaced. If anything, German car fanboys are the most one-eyed internet denizens around.
Old 06-09-14, 10:11 PM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
You guys crack me up with your comments, kinda to be expected on a Lexus form.
I'm not doubting the M4's performance, just sharing what I initially thought of the M4's terrible exhaust sound, you can't tell me that car sounds better than a V8. Especially since I love the high revving V8 in the E92 M3 which sounds 10x better than the M4..I was close to pulling the trigger on one before finding a better deal on a C63
Old 06-09-14, 11:09 PM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-10-14, 05:23 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL @ that M4 exhaust. Can't believe it sounds THAT bad.
Old 06-10-14, 06:34 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

That M4 sounds like my lawnmower.
Old 06-10-14, 07:23 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
As if a BMW/Audi/MB forum would be any better. Fanboys exist on both sides of the divide. Your sanctimony is misplaced. If anything, German car fanboys are the most one-eyed internet denizens around.
You are too fast to stereotype, I'm a huge BMW M-fan but also appreciate other brands including Audi, Fiat, Alfa, or whatever you want to fill in the blank here. I just don't jump on the Lexus bandwagon everytime they make a car. I love the ISF, but I feel the RC-F is nothing special out of the box.

Originally Posted by sleepy415
I'm not doubting the M4's performance, just sharing what I initially thought of the M4's terrible exhaust sound, you can't tell me that car sounds better than a V8. Especially since I love the high revving V8 in the E92 M3 which sounds 10x better than the M4..I was close to pulling the trigger on one before finding a better deal on a C63
Youtube is great for sharing funny home videos but when it comes to cars and exhaust notes, I reserve judgement until I hear it in person. The ISF stock exhaust sucked, with the aftermarket support it was a worthy sound comparable to a v8 R8 in stock form.

The M4 sounds kind of weak from the video but nothing an aftermarket Akrapovic won't solve I'm sure. BMW has a huge aftermarket base so this is really not an issue. If you like the RC-F fine that is your choice but to talk down about another car based on a video just makes you look dumb.

Of course there are fanbois on every forum, no denying that but there are some of us who prefer to experience the car ourselves before getting all worked up.
Old 06-10-14, 10:59 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As being as objective as possible without jumping on bandwagon on any side. Just show records without insert "opinion".

Just a question, has the M4 (Not M3) been proven on any track? Please show the records.

The RCF have track proven records below:
1. Lexus IS F CCS-R at the 2013 25 Hours of Thunderhill.
Results: 4th in Class (the fastest class at Thunderhill) 5th Overall

2. RCF took 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place at Fuji Speedway

RCF prototype is also tested on Nurburgring.
Old 06-10-14, 11:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Of course there are fanbois on every forum, no denying that but there are some of us who prefer to experience the car ourselves before getting all worked up.
Read the M engineer vs RC-F engineer's responses of the other brand's car and then report back.

Regarding the exhaust, an aftermarket exhaust can only do so much. Being a turbo engine, the engine is tuned that way. An Akrapovic exhaust will merely make a garbage sounding car sound a little better. Nothing more and nothing less. It will not do miracles since the engine's tuning characteristics determine how the exhaust would sound. Check out the 1M videos with Akrapovic exhaust and it still sounds mediocre at best.

Certainly nothing close to this:

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-10-14 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-10-14, 06:38 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
That M4 sounds like my lawnmower.
HAHA...);-)). It really does sound terrible. Leave it to the M masterminds to mess that up.
Old 06-10-14, 07:40 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepy415
LOL, did anyone else hear the guy say "It sounds like the Prius"?
Old 06-10-14, 09:32 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Ok at work my speakers aren't that great but now that I'm home....

From those two videos, the RCF does sound much nicer

It's ok when the car does finally arrive I'm sure my dealer will give me a call for a test drive. I'm just not in the market for another 2-door sports coupe at this time, too bad Lexus did not do a 4-door version.

To me the RCF doesn't fill any particular void in my garage. It's a nice 2-door touring car but certainly not a sports car, nor is it a family car. To be fair neither is the M4.

C'mon Lexus time to build the GS-F or a new IS-F!
Old 06-11-14, 09:05 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok at work my speakers aren't that great but now that I'm home....

From those two videos, the RCF does sound much nicer

It's ok when the car does finally arrive I'm sure my dealer will give me a call for a test drive. I'm just not in the market for another 2-door sports coupe at this time, too bad Lexus did not do a 4-door version.

To me the RCF doesn't fill any particular void in my garage. It's a nice 2-door touring car but certainly not a sports car, nor is it a family car. To be fair neither is the M4.

C'mon Lexus time to build the GS-F or a new IS-F!
The GS-F is in the works...I would expect another to pay an additional $10k over the $80k for the RC-F.
Old 06-11-14, 09:13 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF001
The GS-F is in the works...I would expect another to pay an additional $10k over the $80k for the RC-F.

That is not really an issue, $90k puts the GSF well under the M5's MSRP of $105k and to play in the Panamara GTS, the entry fee is in the $120k range.

I think as long as Lexus builds the GS-F with the right parts and build quality they always do and price the car at $90k-100k range I think they will have a solid vote from me.

Side-note we saw a black LF-A at the local dealer while he was shopping for an IS and damn that thing looks amazing! Dealer only wanted like $395k according to the sticker
Old 06-11-14, 09:22 AM
LexFather

Guys s4play is a cool dude and has owned a vast range of cars including an IS F previously.... be nice

I'm back and forth with the RC F as the Z06 just seems amazing.... (I know apples to oranges)....
Old 06-11-14, 09:28 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexFather
Guys s4play is a cool dude and has owned a vast range of cars including an IS F previously.... be nice

I'm back and forth with the RC F as the Z06 just seems amazing.... (I know apples to oranges)....
thanks Father Lex!

Are you planning to paint the RC-F in yellow, that would be a sweet combo and I know you will do her proud. Vette is nice but won't be as rare for sure and unless you are over 60 it's too old of a car for you....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics