RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics

Old 01-08-14, 06:21 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
The moderators at bimmerpost are actually the most sensible and level-headed when it comes to critiquing cars from competing brands.

It's the sheeple who are the problem. Some of them even have psychic powers. One of them has claimed that it's essentially a foregone conclusion that the M4 will beat the RCF on the track. We don't even know the specs for the RCF yet LOL
I agree the mods are pretty good on that site.

It is a bit sad reading all the comments from the majority of posters on those forums, and places like Autoblog, where there's so many disparaging comments simply because it's a Lexus. I thought we're supposed to be car enthusiasts, not badge hunters. There was even a guy that posted something to the effect of: "It doesn't matter how good it is, it's not a BMW, therefore the M4 is a superior car...".
Old 01-08-14, 06:31 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nights
I agree the mods are pretty good on that site.

It is a bit sad reading all the comments from the majority of posters on those forums, and places like Autoblog, where there's so many disparaging comments simply because it's a Lexus. I thought we're supposed to be car enthusiasts, not badge hunters. There was even a guy that posted something to the effect of: "It doesn't matter how good it is, it's not a BMW, therefore the M4 is a superior car...".
It'll take a couple of generations until Lexus drums up a reputation for making greats sports cars. Luckily people like that don't usually have enough money to buy these cars new.
Old 01-08-14, 06:34 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TangoRed
It'll take a couple of generations until Lexus drums up a reputation for making greats sports cars. Luckily people like that don't usually have enough money to buy these cars new.
Bingo. In my experience the people who buy luxury cars for the badge are actually "thirty thousandaires" (http://voices.yahoo.com/faking-rich-...735.html?cat=3)

Old 01-08-14, 06:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Bingo. In my experience the people who buy luxury cars for the badge are actually "thirty thousandaires" (http://voices.yahoo.com/faking-rich-...735.html?cat=3)

Hence BMW's genius move to offer the 320i for the badge snobs
Old 01-08-14, 08:39 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

on picture, both looks great.

my only beef is that rear looks little too much like frs.

i prefer rcf's interior for sure. i would have to reserve my final judgment. can't really fully grasp rcf yet. i might hate it. i might really love it.

Last edited by hlee12; 01-08-14 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-08-14, 09:43 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TangoRed
That's not a problem since Lexus already has a very strong brand recognition and is already capable of outselling every single BMW & Mercedes in the most important market which is US&A
Old 01-08-14, 09:44 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Hence BMW's genius move to offer the 320i for the badge snobs
The 320i is alright. In Australia we have to pay around 55-60k for a 318i HAHHAAA!!
Old 01-08-14, 10:16 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
That's not a problem since Lexus already has a very strong brand recognition and is already capable of outselling every single BMW & Mercedes in the most important market which is US&A
USA is far from the most important market. We are heavily saturated while the Chinese market is the fastest expanding one.

While I love the RC-F interior and the side profile is growing on me, I can't help but prefer the BMW front. It flows so much better than the RCF IMO
Old 01-08-14, 10:48 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

The BMW has that ugly and annoying popped up display.. Is it too much effort to make an integrated display??
Old 01-08-14, 11:40 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the folks at bimmerpost see this video?

Because there is no way an M4 looks anywhere near as hot as that.

Edit: substantiating my outrageous claim with photos:

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics-zehi6rt.jpg
Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics-8slxhnb.jpg
Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics-lh8zafw.jpg

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 01-08-14 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-09-14, 12:39 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me, the BMW M4 looks much better than the RC-F. The RC-F is just too over-styled and the M4 is just right.
Old 01-09-14, 04:51 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The more I look at this RC-F the more I know I'll like it in person. That being said, I have trouble understanding why some here don't understand that others would prefer the m4. The Lexus' angular styling is more aggressive but isn't organic and as instantly pleasing as the m4. The more conservative crowd will always feel more comfortable with the latter choice- the Lexus is something different (and exciting!).

Originally Posted by yowps3
Clearly that's not true. Let me know when reality sinks in for you- Lexus has very strong brand recognition but it's by no means the dominant player in every arena. And it's not US&A- it's USofA. GET IT RIGHT. 'MURICA

Last edited by TangoRed; 01-09-14 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-09-14, 06:57 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm conservative so I'll take the M4!
I applaud Lexus for finally make a coupe. Now make a luxury coupe I can purchase.
Lexus probaly should have added a DCT or something special to the transmission.

Oh well at least it has a big V8. Which I perfer

Last edited by rogers2; 01-09-14 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-09-14, 10:33 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

best part of M4 is front, and it looks rgeat, but at the same time, it looks like every other BMW front in past decade or more.

Sides and back are nothing special, especially the profile which is very boring and pedestrian in 4 series.

Compared to RC, 4 is half the effort basically... they changed minor things to make it a coupe and then called it different name. Like C Coupe for instance, and very different from A5 or RC which basically is another car.
Old 01-09-14, 10:46 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
best part of M4 is front, and it looks rgeat, but at the same time, it looks like every other BMW front in past decade or more.

Sides and back are nothing special, especially the profile which is very boring and pedestrian in 4 series.

Compared to RC, 4 is half the effort basically... they changed minor things to make it a coupe and then called it different name. Like C Coupe for instance, and very different from A5 or RC which basically is another car.
BMW had it a lot easier, essentially a standard 4-Series coupe body , they changed the bumpers, fenders, rear but the magic lies with the chassis and powertrain. Of course Lexus didn't make the RC an IS/GS coupe, rather it's own entitiy from the ground up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics