RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 11:19 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rcf123
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6736/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6275/overview/

also a lot of new generation 2016+ c63 amg s beginning to drop.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5778/overview/ 62k now and the msrp was 90k (more than an rc f). give it another year and it'll be probably low 50's just like the RC F.

i think it really is common just for these mass produced models to tank after a year or two.

I looked too before the RCF purchase. Most m3/4 priced cheap doesn't have clean titles. I really hope the m3/4 and c63 doesn't sell with over production. Might just pick one up if I can get huge discount
Old 03-21-17, 11:53 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6736/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6275/overview/

also a lot of new generation 2016+ c63 amg s beginning to drop.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5778/overview/ 62k now and the msrp was 90k (more than an rc f). give it another year and it'll be probably low 50's just like the RC F.

i think it really is common just for these mass produced models to tank after a year or two.

yeah saw those...granted those have a lot of miles on them compared to what RCF's are selling for...seems like the bmw/rcf are similar in pricing for used ones with similar miles. BUT that c63s tho....would love that car if i could afford the maint....yeah not happening.
Old 03-21-17, 11:55 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I see a lot of M4s in the mid to high 40s and they have clean titles and no accidents. Then again, this is what's reported and may not be the actual case. The mileage varies though, but usually +20k miles. Considering a new M4 is priced above the RCF $81k vs $76k with similar options, I think both cars are depreciating around the same rate.
Old 03-21-17, 12:08 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
I see a lot of M4s in the mid to high 40s and they have clean titles and no accidents. Then again, this is what's reported and may not be the actual case. The mileage varies though, but usually +20k miles. Considering a new M4 is priced above the RCF $81k vs $76k with similar options, I think both cars are depreciating around the same rate.
where you see that?
Old 03-21-17, 12:16 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400998
$38k is really low for a 2015 RC F with low mileage. For example, my CU Black Book Trade-In suggests the following prices for a 2015 RC F with 20,000 miles: $47,295 for "clean", $46,355 for "average" and $41,265 for "rough" condition.
After thinking about it last night, I got to wondering if the goofball at the dealership wasn't pricing an RC350 F-Sport. because he had no clue what my vehicle even was.
Old 03-21-17, 12:20 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

On Car Gurus. I did a nation wide search. There is a section with title and accident info, but like I said it is what's reported and maybe not the case.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=167545207

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=167158367
Old 03-21-17, 12:29 PM
rcf123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
I agree, I think that they are depreciating at similar rates. I know that lexus cut back production numbers for RC F for this year since they overloaded before, but I still think they made too many this year. It really doesnt make much sense to buy one new when you can pick one up with low miles for a reasonable price. Paid 53k for one in september for a certified one with 4000 miles.
Old 03-21-17, 12:38 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Just drive it like you stole it. Have fun. YOLO.....
Old 03-21-17, 01:51 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, I think that they are depreciating at similar rates. I know that lexus cut back production numbers for RC F for this year since they overloaded before, but I still think they made too many this year. It really doesnt make much sense to buy one new when you can pick one up with low miles for a reasonable price. Paid 53k for one in september for a certified one with 4000 miles.
damn...thats a solid price. gj.

does anyone know the production numbers for the rcf?
Old 03-21-17, 01:55 PM
dj5
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been talking to a dealer about a left over new 2016 RCF. They have offered it 24% off the MSRP of $76.2k. There was a fully loaded 2015 with TVD and only 5k miles listed at $48k which sold this past weekend. The dealers I've talked with said the RCFs are sitting on the lot for a long time and are not selling very well. While these are excellent cars it looks like resale values are going to be an issue.
Old 03-21-17, 02:18 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
22k miles is a lot for a performance car...but its like 3 times as much for being a bmw M car lol.
Yep. New bimmers just don't last as long.
Old 03-21-17, 03:00 PM
hellorcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mk416
Yep. New bimmers just don't last as long.
^ this. I think that the RC F's will depreciate better in the long run. Just look at how the IS F is doing vs the last gen m3. It's a lot better to pick up a used lexus than it is a bmw when the miles rack up.
Old 03-21-17, 03:04 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

The price will eventually level out. It's just getting down faster than I would have liked. It's all about supply and demand. If you bought the car new and wanted to sell it within 2 years then you'd be taking a beating. But if you keep it for 5 years I'm sure by then the price will be on par with what you would expect.

I bought mine used for a reason. I don't intend to get rid of it any time soon. When I finally do get rid of my RC F the price will almost certainly be higher than a M4 of the same year with the same mileage.

If not, oh well. I don't buy cars as an investment. If I want an investment I'll buy a house. This RC F is my daily beater... I'll clear 100k miles before it's 5 years old, for sure. I knew that when I bought it. Just because it's a daily beater doesn't mean it has to be Camry...
Old 03-21-17, 03:19 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, me too. That's the way to do it. 👍👍👍

Old 03-21-17, 03:25 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

So true. Camry (while it's an excellent and reliable car) just too BORING for me. So I got the RCF as a "L" certified from a large volume dealer in SoCal. I got it in 2015 with warranty to 100k miles. They did not start the UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty until 2016 (I did not know until 2016).

So my next "used car" will be another Lexus most likely in about two to three years (LC500 F, if available)😀👍😁

Yes, me too. That's the way to do it. 👍👍👍

Originally Posted by Davew77
The price will eventually level out. It's just getting down faster than I would have liked. It's all about supply and demand. If you bought the car new and wanted to sell it within 2 years then you'd be taking a beating. But if you keep it for 5 years I'm sure by then the price will be on par with what you would expect.

I bought mine used for a reason. I don't intend to get rid of it any time soon. When I finally do get rid of my RC F the price will almost certainly be higher than a M4 of the same year with the same mileage.

If not, oh well. I don't buy cars as an investment. If I want an investment I'll buy a house. This RC F is my daily beater... I'll clear 100k miles before it's 5 years old, for sure. I knew that when I bought it. Just because it's a daily beater doesn't mean it has to be Camry...

Quick Reply: Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?