RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

The culture of "F" is what we make it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-17, 07:21 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by rfugio68
I agree that F is what we make it, here in SoCal lexuses are basically known as stance/VIP cars. Regarding the F cars people seem to get pretty excited to see an isf or rcf at shows, especially if it has an exhaust or mild mods. However once the car has over-bearing amounts of carbon fiber or some ill fitting wheel the car community just factors them into the stance crows again lol.

I come from a mustang and Lsx background, the first thing I noticed in this forum is that it is substantially less active. And when it is active it's usually about some different colored lug nuts or a generic wheel/muffler question. I can't really complain, however, because given the rarity of the car and the very scarce performance options there isn't much you can do outside of exterior mods.

If this car was tunable by anyone and there was multiple boost options along with fuel systems and built motors then the F would sell more and you'd see a much more involved community. Unfortunately that's not the case so I'll continue to be the guy that takes a Lexus to cruises, rallies and half mile race events.

I have 2 rcf and an isf within .5 miles of me, but we all have such different schedules that it's hard to all go to an event at once.
Where are you located?
Old 01-18-17, 11:17 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by paulwall4
Where are you located?
Lake Forest, CA
Old 01-18-17, 11:30 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think most of it is because F as a performance division hasn't existed for quite as long as the German alternatives. In Irvine/Newport, the few F's I see belong to, I assume, business executives who have no interest in cars aside from the badge and price tag.

I think F will be a popular alternative as IS F's have started to depreciate and RC/GS F's will follow eventually, but it's going to be some time.
Old 01-19-17, 08:38 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerafian
Most definitely, just due to age. Im 32 and own a modded G35 and its tough to be part of the community because its mainly younger kids that dont have that respect for the enthusiast world and its a completely different experience. Just due to the cost of the car, it eliminates a lot of younger people. The day I talked to friends about holding off and buying a used Lexus in 2019, they blurt out the words "your getting old eh".

Iv been a pure nissan/infiniti guy since I started modding in 2006in my early 20s. I look forward to the more mature crowd like the Z/G community use to be in the mid 2000s.

Yeah, i remember your user name. Same here and fully agree with you. Im SuperBlack350z if you remember. I tend to get a different car when i see a lot of young kids being able to afford the same car i drive. the 350z was getting out of hand back in 2011. loved the car but hated what people were doing to these cars.
Old 01-19-17, 10:30 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Yeah, i remember your user name. Same here and fully agree with you. Im SuperBlack350z if you remember. I tend to get a different car when i see a lot of young kids being able to afford the same car i drive. the 350z was getting out of hand back in 2011. loved the car but hated what people were doing to these cars.
I'm from the G/Z crowd too. I joined G35Driver and My350Z in 2002, before the G was released. I actually still have my 2003 Vortech Supercharged G35. Boosted Z and G are pretty rare now, but in the mid-2000, it was huge. I particularly remember there being huge aftermarket support for these platforms and no shortage of advice and reviews. Lots of support usually means parts are less expensive due to volume and competition. The crowd was pretty young on My350z, but I got very good info from tuners that frequented the board. My G35Driver site was always informative and seemed like an older crowd. I like having something so rare and special in the RCF, but not having aftermarket support kinda sucks. Still awaiting front control arms and US origin body kits
Old 01-19-17, 11:23 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to see something of value become of this. I would hate to see these cars abused instead of being maximized into what they truly have the potential of being, not looking like punctured ducks...IMO, YMMV and all that.
Old 01-20-17, 03:47 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
I'm from the G/Z crowd too. I joined G35Driver and My350Z in 2002, before the G was released. I actually still have my 2003 Vortech Supercharged G35. Boosted Z and G are pretty rare now, but in the mid-2000, it was huge. I particularly remember there being huge aftermarket support for these platforms and no shortage of advice and reviews. Lots of support usually means parts are less expensive due to volume and competition. The crowd was pretty young on My350z, but I got very good info from tuners that frequented the board. My G35Driver site was always informative and seemed like an older crowd. I like having something so rare and special in the RCF, but not having aftermarket support kinda sucks. Still awaiting front control arms and US origin body kits
The locked ECU and the rarity of the F is what's killing the aftermarket, IMO.

I was also a member at my350z. I boosted my 2007 vq35hr. But by the time I boosted it I stopped logging into the website entirely because of the immaturity level there (and I was in my 20's). There isn't much info to be found here. But at least the maturity level here is a lot better.

Edit: Except in the ISF forum. I have seen some of the same maturity issues in there in certain threads (including from moderators). I guess since the ISF is now in the price range of the 350z/370z that it will attract the same level of maturity.

I was going to boost my RCF. But I don't want a supercharger. I want a turbo. I like to get the most whp per psi of boost as possible. A supercharger is too vampiric for my taste. I don't need off the line power, it already has traction issues. The only place I need power is where the F already shines, in the top end of the tach.

Last edited by Davew77; 01-20-17 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-20-17, 05:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,841 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
Edit: Except in the ISF forum. I have seen some of the same maturity issues in there in certain threads (including from moderators). I guess since the ISF is now in the price range of the 350z/370z that it will attract the same level of maturity..
I have owned my ISF for over 8 years now, since it was new. Previously I was a member of G35Driver and my350Z. This forum bests them both, and I have no issues with the moderators. There are a couple of loose canons on the ISF side, and I try to steer clear of them. Thankfully, at least one of them is now spending more time on Facebook than over here. And yes, some of the newbies can be tiresome. But overall, I find the quality of the members and the moderators to be better than any other forum I have belonged to. There is much to be learned here, and I feel privileged to be a part of the experience.

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
BossMoss (01-20-17), F Monster (03-04-17)
Old 01-21-17, 03:14 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I have owned my ISF for over 8 years now, since it was new. Previously I was a member of G35Driver and my350Z. This forum bests them both, and I have no issues with the moderators. There are a couple of loose canons on the ISF side, and I try to steer clear of them. Thankfully, at least one of them is now spending more time on Facebook than over here. And yes, some of the newbies can be tiresome. But overall, I find the quality of the members and the moderators to be better than any other forum I have belonged to. There is much to be learned here, and I feel privileged to be a part of the experience.

Lou
I agree. I didn't mean to imply that the entire subforum was like the thunder dome. I have seen some issues in there though. But yes, it's still not nearly as bad as my350z was a decade ago (I don't know how it is now).
Old 01-21-17, 03:39 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

its nice having a car faster than 99% on the road. so that being said i usually am always ahead of the pack when driving.
Old 01-23-17, 05:02 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LDEUX
Just north of you, Santa Clarita Valley.
Originally Posted by MDElliott
LDEUX - I'm located in Ana Verde just west of Palmdale and I work in Santa Clarita. Haven't seen any RCF's in this area yet.
Originally Posted by lexusnutt
I'm in SCV also. Any of you SCV/SFV boys interested in a round trip thru Bouquet early AM on a Sat/Sun and stop for breakfast?
Looks like we could have quite a team:

LDEUX
paulwall4
nelson143
MDElliott
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by rfugio68
Lake Forest, CA
Originally Posted by ba2sy
Go on Saturday AM since it's gonna rain Sunday. My track day on Sunday got canceled because of the rain. It'll be too wet at the NASCAR bank.
Hey everyone thats located in Southern California. They are gonna have a "F" meet this sunday 1/29 if you all are free. Meeting at Mile square park in fountain valley at 10AM. Im Probably going to be heading out at around 8:30 from west hills if anyone wants to caravan over there with thats located in the valley or up north of me. Let me know.
Old 03-03-17, 09:18 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerafian
Most definitely, just due to age. Im 32 and own a modded G35 and its tough to be part of the community because its mainly younger kids that dont have that respect for the enthusiast world and its a completely different experience. Just due to the cost of the car, it eliminates a lot of younger people. The day I talked to friends about holding off and buying a used Lexus in 2019, they blurt out the words "your getting old eh".

Iv been a pure nissan/infiniti guy since I started modding in 2006in my early 20s. I look forward to the more mature crowd like the Z/G community use to be in the mid 2000s.
interesting take on the Nissan scene. I am in Columbus Ohio and the two, yes two Z groups here in mid ohio arenstring and mature. Now one is pure Z and the other is appropriately names the Ohio G Z GTR club. Very mature as the owners ages range deep. They are all about charity work and awareness to PTSD. Anyway. I was a G37 owner until last.week when I traded in my 2012 G37x for a 2015 RCF.
im just starting to meet the Lexus club guys but its like a 10th of the total members in the G and Z club. Way smaller.
i hope they are as mature and as dedicated to the sport and community as the G and Z guys.
Truth is Im still a member of the Ohio G Z Gtr group as they dont discriminate against the driver/member even if I switched brands.

i look forward to a performance and mature Lexus club.

Last edited by GetKinetic; 03-04-17 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-04-17, 10:01 AM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Lexus needs to work on marketing the F and how it's different than F-Sport.

Both have a 'F' badging at the same spot on the fender. If I know nothing about cars, I would think the F-sport badge would be a higher model than just a F badge because it has the word "Sport" under the F.

Try asking people what is the difference between a Lexus IS F-sport vs a Lexus ISF in sport mode. I bet most people don't know, that's a problem.
I kind of like this because I can show them the difference when I leave them in the dust on the highway.
Old 03-04-17, 03:44 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

So the naming is similar to Land Rover.

Land Rover Range Rover is more expensive versus

Land Rover Range Rover Sport (cheaper).

So anything with the word "sport" is cheaper!!!??? This is just "reverse logic" to me. But it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Fysisist
I kind of like this because I can show them the difference when I leave them in the dust on the highway.