Best Intake pipe for the RCF ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-17, 05:00 PM
OJRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Intake pipe for the RCF ?

Hello guys ,

I'm looking to get best ,reliable and most power gaining intake pipe in the market for the RCF if you guys can help me out of which to buy .

Thanks ,
Omar

Old 01-16-17, 09:32 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Just pick which one you like the best. Like ^^he said....its a pipe, reliability is not in the equation.....and changing it alone adds no performance value. Its more or less an aesthetic change to suit your mood. I would go with a pipe that does not provide heat-soak, ie silicon or carbon fiber. Now some kits come with a filter too like Apexi, and you may see some marginal gains due to a better breathing filter, again, not very much....
Old 01-16-17, 09:34 AM
OJRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im thinking about the RR racing carbon pipe or the lems titanium pipe
Old 01-16-17, 10:18 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by OJRCF
Im thinking about the RR racing carbon pipe or the lems titanium pipe
I went with the Most Expensive one (Lems) but then again I was going Mostly on Looks (to me this one is the Best Looking one on the Blue Mica cars) but you can get them A LOT Cheaper & they ALL pretty much DO NOT ADD any Extra HP or Torque! You're NOT going to Notice any Extra seat of the pants feel.
Attached Thumbnails Best Intake pipe for the RCF ?-img_2484.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by johnnyreb:
FLXYLXY (01-17-24), Jonn73 (05-01-20)
Old 01-16-17, 10:24 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

no going to get much in the way of gains.. mostly just increased noise, and decreased mpg.

I had a custom one made, actually lost power on the dyno.
AEM/K&N used my car for their digital wire frame and design for their intake, the K&N is a smooth pipe and filter, AEM will be releasing a full CAI system within a few months.. Hopefully they will have a little better luck with power gains..

but without any available tuning for the RCF, eventually the computer will compensate for the added air flow and you'll be back to stock numbers, or lower (as I saw with the custom one).

doesn't really matter which brand you use, any intake will not add any power to the car, only looks, sound, and as I said reduced MPG (mostly because the increased sound results in a heavier right foot).
Old 01-16-17, 01:54 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

HPS is one of the most popular ones we sell. Bolts right in with no power loss
1-855-998-8726
Old 01-16-17, 02:12 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^I certainly hope not: AFAIK the primary purpose of a modified intake is more power

Lou
Old 01-16-17, 03:00 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

I don't think the stock one is restrictive at all compared to aftermarket ones. But if I were to get one, it would be the HPS silicone one or Apexi I think makes one too. I just don't like adding two more clamps in the equation like the metal ones that use couplers on each end. For now though, I'm keeping the stock one.
Old 01-16-17, 05:37 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the hps and the fitment was perfect. Don't know why people have to post up saying no gains but hey believe what you will.
Old 01-16-17, 05:44 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
I have the hps and the fitment was perfect. Don't know why people have to post up saying no gains but hey believe what you will.
the only way to prove gains is to show before and after dyno's.. otherwise is it all hearsay and speculation. Butt dyno doesn't count.
Old 01-16-17, 06:59 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Drop in a K&N filter and call it a day, unless you're after a cosmetic change. Nothing I've seen have shown any worthwhile gains over the stock setup. If you want to move more air, open up the restricted exhaust.
Old 01-16-17, 08:45 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Well YEAH, the fitment is PERFECT on ALL of them! As far as gains, got ANY PROOF of THAT? I think you're STILL Hung over from the Clemson Loss
Old 01-16-17, 08:48 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I don't think the stock one is restrictive at all compared to aftermarket ones. But if I were to get one, it would be the HPS silicone one or Apexi I think makes one too. I just don't like adding two more clamps in the equation like the metal ones that use couplers on each end. For now though, I'm keeping the stock one.
Clamps/Couplers on the OUTSIDE of the tube has NUTHIN' to do with the Air-Flow on the INSIDE! & YEAH I think RIBBED vs SMOOTH definitely makes a Difference, IF NOT why does EVERYBODY do it in EVERY car? ALL of my Viper Buddies do it, ALL of my Porsche buddies do it, ALL of my H2 buddies do it, ALL of my BMW buddies do it, DO I need to go on? But, it's Not going to gain you an Extra 20hp & torque!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 01-16-17 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-17-17, 05:30 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Clamps/Couplers on the OUTSIDE of the tube has NUTHIN' to do with the Air-Flow on the INSIDE! & YEAH I think RIBBED vs SMOOTH definitely makes a Difference, IF NOT why does EVERYBODY do it in EVERY car? ALL of my Viper Buddies do it, ALL of my Porsche buddies do it, ALL of my H2 buddies do it, ALL of my BMW buddies do it, DO I need to go on? But, it's Not going to gain you an Extra 20hp & torque!
When did I say the clamps and couplers have anything to do with flow? I just said I don't like adding them on. You sound a little upset and trying to start an argument. I don't care what your buddies do with their cars. I'm keeping my stock intake tube unless I want something different, and yes, it will be for looks only if I do it.
Also, someone already mentioned, although I haven't verified, the stock one ISN'T ribbed on the inside.

Last edited by JT2MA71; 01-17-17 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-17-17, 09:48 AM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As everyone else has said, it's all cosmetic. You may even experience a little loss in initial power with some of them..

Quick Reply: Best Intake pipe for the RCF ?