RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Winding Road: Lexus RCF POV Drive + Review (Autobahn Country Club)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-17, 10:35 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default Winding Road: Lexus RCF POV Drive + Review (Autobahn Country Club)

Old 01-10-17, 09:37 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I've just never been one of those guys that got into that! Especially just driving like this guy was, I know the RCF is supposed to be a Better track car than a 1/4 mile car but this just isn't my cup of tea in an RCF. Maybe, if I was driving somebody else's Viper or Porsche & let it ALL hang out, but just not into the conservative driving thing on a road course. I've had my buddies tell me if you ever do it you'd appreciate it more, but to me it's just some guys that wanna be racers driving their cars on a track!
Old 01-11-17, 09:35 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I've just never been one of those guys that got into that! Especially just driving like this guy was, I know the RCF is supposed to be a Better track car than a 1/4 mile car but this just isn't my cup of tea in an RCF. Maybe, if I was driving somebody else's Viper or Porsche & let it ALL hang out, but just not into the conservative driving thing on a road course. I've had my buddies tell me if you ever do it you'd appreciate it more, but to me it's just some guys that wanna be racers driving their cars on a track!
I see what you are saying and it makes sense. However, the driver in the video was taking a lead/follow lap with the car in the front acting like a pace car. He was not allowed to pass it so he was limited in what he could do in the video as far as pushing the car to the limits goes. Lexus does it a lot for safety reasons. They did that a lot during the LFA promo where they put an ISF in front of the LFA.
Old 01-14-17, 11:42 AM
Infrared
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
as someone who has tracked their RCF a couple times I have to say that the car is engineered to be comfortable in that environment.

Its not an "every weekend" track car, but it certainly more than holds its own in that environment. In the right hands, it's very fast.

Back roads are where the car shines, I think. It's weighted well, has a solid chassis, predictable and linear powerband, and offers excellent corner exit speeds.