RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-17, 01:58 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)

So today is the day you all have been waiting for! We currently have our V2 headers available for mail order sale! The headers are going to be sold as a pre order currently with the ship date being mid- late February. Currently we're going to be offering them at an introductory pricing for $1899.99 on our initial batch of 25.

So with the last car we had I thought I would throw together a video of the exhaust before and after. We dynoed the car stock (with an RR Intake) first, then installed the headers, and then finally installed a Borla catback.

Video-

First we thought we would take a base line of the car when it came in the shop, as the car came in with an RR intake we left it on for all of the testing. The car was able to throw down 363hp right out of the gate. From there the car went right off of the dyno and straight onto the rack where we installed our Sikky V2 headers on the car. We re used the stock cat back for this test so we could see the change in horsepower from only the headers. With only changing the headers we were able to get 45hp from this particular car, throwing down an impressive 408hp. Once we completed that test we threw the car back on the rack to install the Borla cat back exhaust. We though we might as well throw it on the dyno to see what it picked up with the addition of the Borla cat back, the car put down 425hp on that pull which is a gain of 17hp.
Old 01-03-17, 03:18 PM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Those are good results, but I'm interested in learning a bit more.

What are the daily driveability/usability concessions for the power gained that we face with the PPE headers?

*EDIT*

Where's the RCF in all this?

Last edited by CYKBC; 01-03-17 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-03-17, 06:41 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry. Having done these mods and dynoing ( all of them ) your numbers are wayyyyyyy off!!
I was the original person who ran the borla exhaust and prior the borla I Dyno'd with just an intake and drop in filter. I put down on the intake solo 405 whp!
Old 01-03-17, 07:48 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Sorry. Having done these mods and dynoing ( all of them ) your numbers are wayyyyyyy off!!
I was the original person who ran the borla exhaust and prior the borla I Dyno'd with just an intake and drop in filter. I put down on the intake solo 405 whp!
^^^^^This is what i'm always weary of! I just can't justify spending 2k for headers & another 2k for an exhaust for Maybe an Extra 20-30hp. Now an Extra 60 or so would Definitely make it More Appealing.
Old 01-04-17, 06:17 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CYKBC
Those are good results, but I'm interested in learning a bit more.

What are the daily driveability/usability concessions for the power gained that we face with the PPE headers?

*EDIT*

Where's the RCF in all this?
While the RCF isn't in the video, the headers and the gains are what I was more concerned about. Honestly as far as your drive ability and daily concerns there really should be no real changes in your day to day operations. Of course noise in the cabin may change some as your modifying the exhaust (as it would with any exhaust change).

Originally Posted by JB5674
I wouldn't say our numbers are "way off" per say, every dyno will read differently as its the nature of the beast. With these tests the only number that is really concerning is the delta (the change in horsepower) between the different modifications. This is why we did in steps so we could give our customers information as far as exact gains per specific modification.

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
^^^^^This is what i'm always weary of! I just can't justify spending 2k for headers & another 2k for an exhaust for Maybe an Extra 20-30hp. Now an Extra 60 or so would Definitely make it More Appealing.
Well with a total gain of 62hp I feel like it was well worth the cost (going from 363 to 425). Even still for just an exhaust modification this is a pretty large gain in horsepower, something that will allow the car to drive and act like stock.
Old 01-04-17, 06:39 AM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
While the RCF isn't in the video, the headers and the gains are what I was more concerned about. Honestly as far as your drive ability and daily concerns there really should be no real changes in your day to day operations. Of course noise in the cabin may change some as your modifying the exhaust (as it would with any exhaust change).
I'm more concerned about actually seeing results on a car I own. You have an odd way of representing your product to this group. I'll pass. Thanks.
Old 01-04-17, 09:33 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

As usual, the Sikky Graph makes absolutely no sense. The graph is showing power way beyond the engine redline.

Lou
Old 01-04-17, 10:21 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG

But the RC-F and IS-F have different engines and factory header designs. this really is irrelevant to what the RC-F would gain with the sikky headers.

If you guys really wanted to start making money from the RC-F crowd, try giving a big discount on a set of your headers so they can do an independent dyno before and after to show the actual gains on this model.
The following users liked this post:
BigRick82 (01-04-17)
Old 01-04-17, 11:36 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Both the 2008-2014 ISF and the 2014+ RCF both came with a 2UR-GSE engine. While the factory header design may vary some the overall gains are still similar.

We've done enough testing with these headers currently to be confident in the power numbers we are advertising.

Lou below I have a dyno sheet for you, for reference this car came in the door with a tune from RR racing and a RR racing intake as can be seen in the video.
Attached Thumbnails Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)-isfdyno2.jpg  
Old 01-04-17, 11:47 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Factory header designs are really quite similar. See attached. Sikky's graph certainly makes more sense than the earlier one's they posted. But we must realize that the graph is from a DynaPack Dyno and not a Dynojet that have become the baseline Dyno on this forum. However, I have no doubt that the sickly header will make more power than the stock manifolds.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)-exhaust-manifolds-rcf-and-isf-copy.jpg  
Old 01-04-17, 12:14 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Here are some results from my build. Once more, you stand corrected. DynoPak is one of the worst dyno's to use as comparison. DynoJet, is proven to be the most accurate. Again, your power numbers are greatly sandbagged. I'm not plugging another vendor, I'm stating facts. Factually, IF your RCF was tuned and had an intake why did my car make the same power almost over a year ago with an intake and drop in filter ( no tune ). I got tuned once my headers were done. Likewise in full disclosure, you should mention that the RCF and ISF is prone to needing new 02 sensors when installing. Even with 16k on the OD, my RCF needed new 02's due to how sensitive they are when removing. Before you say its an install issue, I had a master lexus tech do my install and has over 10 headers under his belt with multiple ISFs. Moreover, the most difficult part of the header install is the dip-stick relocation ( modification ) needed for the header. I'm not playing keyboard commando, I very much feel you are misrepresenting the product as a whole. From an apples to apples comp, your logic is more apples to oranges.
Old 01-04-17, 12:54 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Comparing peak horsepower numbers between different dynos is typically useless. If you prefer to use a dynojet that's great, however we choose to use DynoPak since it eliminates any issues with traction or tire deflection on our dyno readings. The peak numbers on this are not the focus of discussion, more so with the delta between the before and after numbers.

I don't get your apples to oranges comparison? We dyno'ed the car as it was with an RR intake and tune as our "baseline". Then installed the headers and made another dyno reading. Then afterwards installed the cat back and got a final reading. All of which was done within a 48 hour span.

We are well aware of the issues with the O2 sensors, we actually list that in our install guide that new O2's may be required. We've noticed the issue with the O2's multiple times in house during the installation.
Old 01-04-17, 11:41 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Hey if you had a ISF you get 62hp apparently.
Old 01-05-17, 12:25 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Factory header designs are really quite similar. See attached. Sikky's graph certainly makes more sense than the earlier one's they posted. But we must realize that the graph is from a DynaPack Dyno and not a Dynojet that have become the baseline Dyno on this forum. However, I have no doubt that the sickly header will make more power than the stock manifolds.

Lou
The biggest restriction on the standard manifold is were they are circled it necks down to 2in this can be custom made to 3in with good gains.
Old 01-05-17, 01:39 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice guys!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Sikky V2 Header Exhaust Comparison (Now on sale)